Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 09/FEB/17

Changes:

• Changed Rift rewards to be more in line with final ranking.
    • Light of Fo will give a max of 15 participation points per cast, as long as it hits that many creatures to heal them.
    • At the end of a Rift, if you have more than 60 participation (phenomenal), the lump you receive will be less random ql and weight, and more dependent on your participation score (with a slight amount of random on top of it).
    • Also at the end of a rift, if you have more than 60 points, you’ll get an amount of rift resources scaling to your participation points (up to a max of 20 at a participation score of 360). Each of these items will be random between the three rift materials, and the ql will scale based on participation too.
    • Higher participation generally will mean more rift material bits at a higher ql (though there is a slight random added to the final ql of each bit).
  • Changed the resulting location of lamps planted using the corner tile.
    • Lamps previously planted using the tile corners if on tile corners that bordered deed and perimeter may have actually been ‘located’ on the perimeter tile rather than the deed tile for lighting and decay. If you have lamps planted in this manner, pick up your lamp, stand on the DEED tile and replant in the corner to assure that the lamp is located on deed and not in the perimeter.
    • Lamps in the past could not be planted on certain tile borders if there was a house or fence on that border as well. You can now plant and interact with lamps on tile corners even if there is a house or fence intersecting that tile corner.
    • Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles. When planting, please be certain you are standing on the pavement tile if planting using the tile corner method.
  • Feature: New behavior for off deed blessed lamps.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on pavement tiles will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on bridges will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
    • Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
  • Boat speeds have been tweaked upwards as a percentage of their base speed in low wind according to their relative difficulty to create:
    • Corbita: +26%
    • Cog: +75%
    • Knarr: +2.5%
    • Caravel: +33%
  • Wind bonus has remain unchanged, and speed differences will be most noticeable in little wind.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: The changes in 1.3 to multiple harvests depending on skill and age for Forestry and Milking were affected by a bug that increased skillgain per harvest exponentially per tick during one action, this has been rectified and the skillgain per tick will be the same across the whole action. This fix also affects Botanizing as that is where the original bug was.
  • Bugfix: Sealed barrels properly reflect the weight of the contents while in inventory.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with sealed barrels and contents behavior.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where you would not get the nature-meditate option on the context menu if you had something activated in inventory and there was a glow rune on your rug.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented loading of items with glow runes attached.
  • Bugfix: Internal components of items can no longer be loaded into war machines.
  • Bugfix: Fix for not receiving normal stance fight skill.
  • Bugfix: Recipe fixes for mayo not mixing with other items or leading to unknown recipes in lore.
  • Bugfix: Various spelling and text errors fixed.
  • Bugfix: Added a few layer and obstruction checks for interaction while above and below ground.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented clay shingles from being dragged into a kiln from a bulk container.
  • Bugfix: When planting a flower in a pottery flowerpot or a marble planter, the planted pot will have the same quality/damage as the empty planter.
  • Bugfix: Another fix to prevent fog spiders from spawning on deeds.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues to properly block building or continuing structures inside blocked zones.
  • Bugfix: Rebalanced damage done to tools when destroying unfinished fences and building walls as well as completed fences and walls.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few cooking achievements that were not working properly and added a few new ones to be discovered.
  • Bugfix: Fixed various text descriptions for recipes and ingredients.
  • Like 5

yes yes yes  thanks for the hard work.  I can live with a little maintenance shutdown

26 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Changed Rift rewards to be more in line with final ranking.

• Light of Fo will give a max of 15 participation points per cast, as long as it hits that many creatures to heal them.
  • At the end of a Rift, if you have more than 60 participation (phenomenal), the lump you receive will be less random ql and weight, and more dependent on your participation score (with a slight amount of random on top of it).
  • Also at the end of a rift, if you have more than 60 points, you’ll get an amount of rift resources scaling to your participation points (up to a max of 20 at a participation score of 360). Each of these items will be random between the three rift materials, and the ql will scale based on participation too.
  • Higher participation generally will mean more rift material bits at a higher ql (though there is a slight random added to the final ql of each bit).

Seeing the usual rifts participations those results are quite insane. Even with a tagging all the mobs (which is not really the intended behavior) you will need quite a large amount of fighters to get enough mobs to do all the tagging / targetting to get a decent amount of materials... also means the usual gathering at the end will be quite impossible due to the amount of players.

Do we also need to note that the amount of recipes drops is even lower than when we had the whole corpse grab behavior... and we still have the poor loot rewarding due to the "slight AWFULL random".

Last rift is already over so see you in a few days to have some proper feedback (which might be way worse than those actual predictions).

I didn't understand if there will still be harvestable rift resources or will this change replace all?

let Devs be blessed for this :)

Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.

• Like 3

Thank you !  So much hard work done and yay for the blessed lamps. :)

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles. When planting, please be certain you are standing on the pavement tile if planting using the tile corner method.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Boat speeds have been tweaked upwards as a percentage of their base speed in low wind according to their relative difficulty to create:

Is that really 2.5% for the Knarr? Or did a decimal point slip in?

Only a slight speed boost for the knarr, as it was already the fastest without any wind, it's still faster than the others, but not by up to 2x anymore.

i.e. other ships are more viable now.

• Like 6

Could we please get an answer if harvest able rift materials after rift will still be a thing or is automatic now through participation? 

THXS :)

Very nice update here. Little concerned about the rift resource change, as I'm betting that the amount of resources that the RNG is going to award me is far less than what I usually collect from the ground. 

Personally, I was okay with having to run around collecting the resources. Since the RNG is always against me, that was the one, sure thing that I knew I could collect at a rift. There was no lottery, just skill and speed involved.

I have been given no indication that this has changed, merely a new avenue to collect additional resources

• Like 2

4 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

Very nice update here. Little concerned about the rift resource change, as I'm betting that the amount of resources that the RNG is going to award me is far less than what I usually collect from the ground. 

Personally, I was okay with having to run around collecting the resources. Since the RNG is always against me, that was the one, sure thing that I knew I could collect at a rift. There was no lottery, just skill and speed involved.

And last rift I was #1 in participation points (only three of us showed for the entire first wave.) yet I got NO rift materials because before third wave was over everyone was standing around to harvest while mobs were still active. Several of those standing around were alts that never even fought. 

I applaud this update.

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles

Did you include secured marble brazier's in this new change?

massive list again; Nice!

Will the boat speeds be noticeable on Chaos and Epic?

11 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Boat speeds have been tweaked upwards as a percentage of their base speed in low wind according to their relative difficulty to create:

Seriously?  Corb and Cogs are about as hard to make as a sailboat.  No offense but with most of the population of the servers using Knarrs this should be reconsidered.

If anyone says differently build a cog, then a corb, jot down the total time to make and then a knarr, tell me which was harder with more failures and time consuming.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Did you include secured marble brazier's in this new change?

Doubt it since marble braziers are consideredd forges / ovens and are not lights nor decorations, hence they still take decay, even thou they are clearly a light source and Not a forge / oven since you can't open it up and put something inside.

3 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Doubt it since marble braziers are consideredd forges / ovens and are not lights nor decorations, hence they still take decay, even thou they are clearly a light source and Not a forge / oven since you can't open it up and put something inside.

And marble braziers turn on by themselves on deed at night... Odd that they're considered furnaces and not light sources.

Knarrs are still faster, just not by uyp to 2x other ships in zero wind now.

This is a percentage of their BASE speed, so a cog being 75% faster than it was before does not equal a knarrs speed

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Knarrs are still faster, just not by uyp to 2x other ships in zero wind now.

This is a percentage of their BASE speed, so a cog being 75% faster than it was before does not equal a knarrs speed

Hi, could you confirm these changes apply to Chaos and Epic or not?

Sweet, think ele/chaos needed that tbh, hope it helps drastically with travel times

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 9:07 AM, DevBlog said:

So what happened to this??

This rift same ######. different day. The same few,, some of whom never even fought, stood around with their pickaxes and took all the resources.

AGAIN.

Sign in to follow this