Sign in to follow this  
geode

Genesis Spell Alternatives

I would like to make a suggestion to introduce into Wurm Online a new item, an alternative to the Genesis spells of Priests for the treatment/removing of Bad Traits, Illness, and Disease from Animals:

"Genesis" Potion, purchased from a ingame Trader, works similar to Tuning Forks and other such items with a number of preset uses, and allows any Player Character (does not require Priesthood) to use them on Livestock to remove bad traits, illness, and diease from an animal and generates income for CodeClub and Wurm such as Preming up a character as a Priest does for CodeClub.

This end goal of this suggestion is not an attempt to deprive CodeClub of income, nor is it an attempt to deprive Players of income they would receive from selling genesis services, nor deprive Players of interaction with other Players. There are valid reasons why a Player might not wish to play a priest character or utilize the services of a priest character in Wurm, or even purchase an animal that genesis was cast on, and I will not discuss my own particular reasons for why I am making this suggestion, other than to say I have desired an alternative for years and I felt it was time to make the suggestion.

I support CodeClub's need to charge for services, and I see my suggestion as a service, such as finding out information about a vein or fast travel across a server and I expect and also suggest the cost of this new suggested item be set as to disturb the current "genesis service priest service" as little as possible.... to keep it simple I don't expect these AH Potions to be cheap. I am willing to pay CC well for this new item from a Trader because dealing will the raising of animals in Wurm without utilizing genesis is difficult.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make suggestions.

(For those who suggest I go to Wurm Unlimited and seek a Mod there... I never will as WU is offerred now through STEAM. I do not agree with Valve/STEAM and it's ability to lock out the use of products a player has paid for, products created by another company, and I will not agree to Valve/STEAM's Terms of Service as a result. If WU was available on GOG or another service that guaranteed access to the products the player paid for no matter what then I would most definitely go to WU.... sadly that is not an option so I stay in WO and make my suggestion here.)

Edited by geode
  • Like 2