Sign in to follow this  
Illusion

Catapult Bug

Hello,

I currently have some problem trying to use a catapult to destroy fences. It's the 1st time it happens to me.

Tool used: Small catapult

Ammunition used: rock shards of 80kg, around 15QL

Target: Crude wooden fence

The catapult is approximatively 10 tiles and a half away from the Crude Wooden Fence.

The crude wooden fence is NOT on deed. There's NO DEED on either sides. In fact, there's no deed anywhere close from the fence or catapult.

Tried more than 50 times, I always get the message: "You seem to miss with the rock shards", even after logging off and on.

I've a neat pile of rock shards in front of the crude wooden fence. If i move a TINY little bit the catapult, it goes behind the crude wooden fence.

The rock shards NEVER shatter, even though they're LQL.

The rock shards NEVER get any damages, even though they're low QL.

My skill in catapult may be low, but last time I used it to destroy fences, I HAD absolutely no problem.

Could you please check if there's any bug hindering the use of catapults?

THANK YOU in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Illusion.

try moving the catapult back another 2 tiles, sometimes slope will interfere with the rocks landing a hit, so best to try more range, I have had to move as much as ten tiles back to land hits

whats your skill in catapults? if its less than 10 your going to miss a whole lot.  try pushing or slightly pulling after each shot until you get the message " You seem to hit Stone Fence " or whatever it says. 

27 minutes ago, Vortexxx said:

whats your skill in catapults? if its less than 10 your going to miss a whole lot.  try pushing or slightly pulling after each shot until you get the message " You seem to hit Stone Fence " or whatever it says. 

he would not miss that much, it seems to be a position problem

There's no slope, and it's landing exactly where it should be.

And, as I said, the shards took NO DAMAGE, which is ABNORMAL.

Anyway, I ended up bashing everything with a Huge Axe.

Exactly where it should be? Don't be stubborn, move that catapult and try dropping the rocks on the other side of the fence, you may be surprised in the results, and certainly try moving the catapult several tiles back and add the winch.

Keep that in mind the next time you think there is a bug. (catapults are buggy to start with, that is why you have to try various positions sometimes to get the damage done)

Normally 2-5 tiles back and maybe and extra winch or 2 will allow hits. Also, aim for corners. You have better hit chances. Friend had to convince my constant missing self to just move back and aim in the corners instead. I started hitting almost every time. 

• Like 1