Like someone else said, get your faith up to 30, even on your main account, temporarily priest to bless all the lamps you want, then go unfaithful until you de-priest. Really don't see what the problem is here, bless is an easy spell. Anything for some of us to complain about, I guess.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, Retrograde said:

Blessed Lamps

A long standing request is for a way for off deed lamps to autolight. While the suggestion usually considers courier or light token, we've decided to go with bless, as this is available to all priests. Lamps on a paved tille and bless will auto light and not use fuel. This means that highways and off deed areas can remain lit at nights, and provide a much improved experience when travelling.

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone yet, we'll continue to discuss the possibilities and will provide info when it comes.

We of course spend a lot of time discussing suggestions, and many of them are good ideas, and would mesh well with the game. The reality of the situation is however many suggestions are incredibly expansive, or require significant investment of dev time, or simply aren't a priority or the focus of the dev team at the moment. We appreciate all time taken to suggest things, and look forward to not aonly seeing more suggestions and discussions, but also to seeing them come into the game!

Fantastic this is being implemented, however I tend to agree with previous comments here regarding it being a priest spell.

A few have said simply go priest and de-priest every time you want to bless a lamp, in reality that is quite tedious and just generally annoying for the average player, don't you think??

What are thoughts on making it possible to allow bless to be a spell a follower could cast? 

An alternative suggestion, expanding sorcery and providing more use of the gem staffs and karma, some form of blessing of light spell all could cast with a staff and sufficient karma?

Maybe more spells could follow with an associated spell book window. 

I really don't see a need to over complicate this with things such as a spell power rating. Its either blessed or not.  

I would be surprised if players with Priests wouldn't be blessing every lamp they pass.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

I would be surprised if players with Priests wouldn't be blessing every lamp they pass.

I had this thought as well but it depends upon the mindset of the player. It does cost them *favor* to do this that they could put to other more personal use?

=Ayes=

Blessing remains a good way at low skill to raise your channeling, naked priest also regen favor fast enough to bless items without saccing anything, by knowing your community and reaching out to them you can most likely find someone happy to bless them for you, even more if you have chopped veggies for them and an altar nearby.

• Like 3

Finding a priest to cast bless is trivial.  I always thought the game was supposed to be at least somewhat social, requiring a massive effort to be completely self-sufficient, so this makes sense.  If you refuse to either become a priest yourself (and there are main priests around) or roll up an alt (maybe even a temporary one), just ask around.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2017 at 9:48 AM, Ayes said:

There ya go. That's my point. For the smaller portion of the Wurm population who have priests this blessing of lamps is great, so it's not surprising that they would comment positively on it. The thing is, it excludes the vast majority of players from having the ability to create this benefit. So for them it is really useless because it is based upon priest exclusivity, which is a point I brought up in the past when players with priest characters were petitioning for it.

Now we see here the results. Just some new "benefit" to ignore I guess. *shrugs*

=Ayes=

Considering the vaaaaaast amount of content priests don't have access to, and that we ARE talking about magically imbuing lamps, I say let 'em finally have a profession other than waiting weeks for a crippled horse, botched cave tile, or ........ DON'T LET VYNS BLESS LAMPS! (heh heh heh I just had to)

• Like 2

Legitimately like the way off deed lamp lighting was implemented, lore friendly for sure.

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone......   No one else giggled at that one? I just wanted to ba dum tsh that lol.

• Like 2

For Ayes: Yes, players with no priests are at a disadvantage, but then they were always at a disadvantage anyway.  Code Club wants everyone to play multiple accounts and pay for them.  Think of it this way... you can just have one non-priest account, then take the 10s monthly that would normally go towards running a second account and use it to pay a priest to come do your lamps.

Regarding tunnels vs outside streets and the need for an always on lamp:  I say let's start with ALL BLESSED lamps stay on 100% of the time, then when you figure out how to do it differently for tunnels and outside streets, make that update then.  I agree with others that tunnels are far more important than streets for this feature.

I'd suggest a simple toggle/popup at the time bless is cast "Always on / only on at night".

Great update and Thank you!!

• Like 1

Yay for off-deed USEFUL lamps!!!

About bless - it should remain priest-only thing.

They cannot build, they cannot improve, they cannot mine, chop trees, pave, destroy different things... Priests need loving too! They want to feel special, not only in their huts doing CoC and LT casts, but also outside, in the social world. Not much market for healing horses and the strongwalling business isn't blooming either, maybe blessing the lamps will bring a few extra coppers to the bank now.

• Like 3

I don't know about anyone else that has a priest, but mine will be heading out when it hits live to bless lamps. Anyone in the FM/DF area is more then welcome to bring them to me for blessing. (bring some chopped veggies if you bring more then a couple).

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I'd suggest a simple toggle/popup at the time bless is cast "Always on / only on at night".

Relevant:

Not sure if it was brought up, but I would like to know if they are including planting in corners for being on paved roads for the new blessed lamps.  I'm a bit OCD myself, and would get annoyed if I had to leave all my lamps in the middle of a tile just to function.

5 hours ago, Tallios said:

Not sure if it was brought up, but I would like to know if they are including planting in corners for being on paved roads for the new blessed lamps.  I'm a bit OCD myself, and would get annoyed if I had to leave all my lamps in the middle of a tile just to function.

^

This.  If the coding isn't too cryptic, would be best changed to "on a paved tile or one adjacent to it".

6 hours ago, Tallios said:

Not even sure why the lamps need to be on paved tiles. If someone wants to light up the entire forest or desert, let 'em go for it. Think of the screenshots of foggy evenings with dozens of lamps in the forest! They'd decay eventually anyway.