header.png

Dusks return - Araninke

Hi Everyone!

Another week down and we're already in February, time is going far too fast, but there's work to be done. Here's what we've been up to!

Alchemists Cupboard

Ever get sick of storing small amounts of dyes and liquids? Well the Alchemists Cupboard will be right up your alley! The design will be with a focus on storing small amounts of non food liquids with greatly reduced decay, saving you a wax sealing kit or ten! The Alchemists cupboard is awaiting a new model, so stay tuned to see it!

Recipe sharing

Initially the temporary restriction on sharing recipes was until the system came to WU, giving us a reasonable time frame to allow those who wish to explore the system the opportunity to do so.

As 1.3 for WU has been delayed over the past few months, we've decided to remove the restriction now, effective immediately.

What we would like is that recipes are shared on the forums with the use of the spoiler tag, and I'd advise that you keep it 1 recipe per spoiler, meaning those who wish to learn one meal don't get the rest ruined.

Upcoming updates

Two suggestions made recently (one being quite a long term one) are going to soon find their way in the game!

Rift Loot and participation

At the end of a Rift, if you have more than 60 participation (phenomenal), the lump you receive will be less random ql and weight, and more dependent on your participation score (with a slight amount of random on top of it).

Also at the end of a rift, if you have more than 60 points, you'll get an amount of rift resources scaling to your participation points (up to a max of 20 at a participation score of 360). Each of these items will be random between the three rift materials, and the ql will scale based on participation too.

Higher participation generally will mean more rift material bits at a higher ql (though there is a slight random added to the final ql of each bit).

In line with this, we'll also be tweaking the participation gained from Light of Fo, with a maximum of 15 participation, based on how many players it heals.

Blessed Lamps

A long standing request is for a way for off deed lamps to autolight. While the suggestion usually considers courier or light token, we've decided to go with bless, as this is available to all priests. Lamps on a paved tille and bless will auto light and not use fuel. This means that highways and off deed areas can remain lit at nights, and provide a much improved experience when travelling.

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone yet, we'll continue to discuss the possibilities and will provide info when it comes.

We of course spend a lot of time discussing suggestions, and many of them are good ideas, and would mesh well with the game. The reality of the situation is however many suggestions are incredibly expansive, or require significant investment of dev time, or simply aren't a priority or the focus of the dev team at the moment. We appreciate all time taken to suggest things, and look forward to not aonly seeing more suggestions and discussions, but also to seeing them come into the game!

More animations!

Saroman has been hard at work with new fighting animations being added, designed to give more visual feedback over what's occurring, the new animations include:

• Kick
  • Dodge
  • Parry with shield
  • Parry with weapon
  • Shield bash
  • Focus
  • And some more to come.

Hopefully this improves how combat feels a bit and creates a bit more immersive action when fighting!

Community Content

This weeks community content is a little late, but I'd like to recognise Zakerak for his ship impalong, which finished up this week.

For the past few months Zakerak has been hard at work imping ships of wurmians who drop by, he's serviced dozens of ships, if not more, and I think that acts like this are awesome, and really show what this community is about, so thank you zakerak!

That's it for this week, I'm sure you're all excited to see these things come to the game, and so am I! Until then though, Have a great weekend and keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 26

16 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Lamps on a paved tille and bless will auto light and not use fuel.

There's some ideas for tunnels, but nothing is set in stone yet, we'll continue to discuss the possibilities and will provide info when it comes.

This is great! Even better than was suggested, wow.

About tunnels, aren't reinforced floors considered paved? If not, here's the simplest solution for you.

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:
  • Kick
  • Dodge
  • Parry with shield
  • Parry with weapon
  • Shield bash
  • Focus
  • And some more to come.

Gooooood.

• Like 3

looking forward to the combat animations :D
Saw dust as trees fell aswell, looks cool.

Hopefully the Epic-Loot code and be fixed up a lil and implemented on Chaos tho, game ruiner atm.

Terrific news this week :) Thanks to the devs who worked hard on this.

Nice to have combat animations.

But please make us (Libila priests) able to enjoy wurm 1.3 too.

We cannot do Alchemy, we cannot farm and we cannot dig lol (alchemy and farming are a big part of the 1.3 cooking update). We cannot use the CCFP bar either unless we stand afk in mines.

Please help us. We are handicapped extremely.

Edit: not to forget about gardening lol

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 5

What is the time frame for the up coming updates ? There are a lot of bugs recently that are rumored to be addressed in. 

33 minutes ago, zigozag said:

About tunnels, aren't reinforced floors considered paved? If not, here's the simplest solution for you.

A big +1 to counting reinforced floors as paving anyway to stop accidental removal which is only 1 mining action currently if your body strength is 21 or more by making it a destroy paving option as well as it being a way to allow the lighting by it being counted as a paved tile.

edit

Edited by Lordterrabyte
  • Like 2

@RetrogradeWill tile border count as "paved tile"? OCD Bros dont want to actually place the lamp in the middle of the tile if possible.

• Like 5

*scraps my recipe empire business plan* :D This all looks great. I'm glad the off deed lamps can stay functional now and I'm looking forward to the cupboard, even though it is probably made with my least favorite skill! 

I thought you all were focusing on getting WU updated? Nice new stuff for WO I guess.

1 hour ago, Aeryck said:

@RetrogradeWill tile border count as "paved tile"? OCD Bros dont want to actually place the lamp in the middle of the tile if possible.

Would be nice if tile corners on the edge of a road also counted - makes for easy regular placement of lights.

Could someone fill me in on the exact usage case of the alchemist's cupboard, instead of just using a barrel rack full of sealed barrels? It's not like pegs are difficult to make.

• Like 1

Awesome news! I have a ton of lamps needing refueling (although most of them are in tunnels).

Do bridges count as paved tiles?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Blessed Lamps

A long standing request is for a way for off deed lamps to autolight. While the suggestion usually considers courier or light token, we've decided to go with bless, as this is available to all priests. Lamps on a paved tille and bless will auto light and not use fuel. This means that highways and off deed areas can remain lit at nights, and provide a much improved experience when travelling.

Most players don't have a priest so this option will be unavailable to them unless they ask for another's help. For the more independent self-reliant player this is a bit unsettling. Pleaseee, pleaseee come bless all my lamps that I have placed around my local area, Naw, not gonna happen. This solution involving priest exclusivity only benefits those who have them or are their "friends", thus a disappointing implementation of this concept.

=Ayes=

Just now, Jaz said:

Awesome news! I have a ton of lamps needing refueling (although most of them are in tunnels).

Do bridges count as paved tiles?

Would be nice if reinforced cave floors also count.

While I applaud the decision to finally come up with something for off deed lamps.  Will the "bless" wear off over time, or will this be a 1 time cast?   Since this is still a very new thing, can I throw in that maybe the bless should have a "power" which of course can be refreshed at any point.  To make up for this slight inconvenience,

• let the bless take damage prior to the lamp actually taking damage?
  •  Or perhaps let the lamp damage be reduced on blessed lamps in domains applicable?

As a final note.  Thanks for all the work, I think I can sum up everyone's feelings when I say "Great job!"

Edited by Tallios

Does this mean that you get some rift resources and you can still gather the ones from the rift stones/crystals/trees or those are not harvestable anymore ?

Participation is not realy reliable so far. Healing priests are getting a huge amount of it. People with 2h weapons do better dmg than tanks. Someone tanks his ass off and the 2h's get the better rewards? 

[edit] i got less participation last time while i was fighting most of the time and my skills/equipment are higher than the times before...

[edit] I heard about tagging but it seems nobody cares...including developers. This is based on earlier postings. Participation should be a fair system. Its leak as a colander now...

Edited by sandokhan

Some nice changes there, actual content for lower level priests (good thing) and a nice alchemy prop (so many liquids...).

Faty raises good points though; will rift resources still be harvestable on top of rewards?

10 minutes ago, sandokhan said:

Participation is not realy reliable so far. Healing priests are getting a huge amount of it. People with 2h weapons do better dmg than tanks. Someone tanks his ass off and the 2h's get the better rewards? 

Yup priests do get a large amount of participation, I would feel less guilty about it if we weren't saccing about 10-20 silvers worth of favor per rift to get that participation though (remember, while you're only watching your own health we're doing our best to watch everyones).

1 minute ago, Etherdrifter said:

Some nice changes there, actual content for lower level priests (good thing) and a nice alchemy prop (so many liquids...).

Faty raises good points though; will rift resources still be harvestable on top of rewards?

Yup priests do get a large amount of participation, I would feel less guilty about it if we weren't saccing about 10-20 silvers worth of favor per rift to get that participation though (remember, while you're only watching your own health we're doing our best to watch everyones).

Yes im also positive in general about this updates. About priests...i dont need them most of the time because ive cotton with me....
Just kidding...appreciate priests....especialy for noobs :D

I really love the bless idea for off deed lamps!  Having access to a couple of priests myself, I see sending them on blessing missions around the Northeast!  More animations mean more fun as well!  Thanks for requiring spoilers for recipes, it will help those of us stumped with missing parts to meals without spoiling the fun of discovery for those of us that like playing master chef!