Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Chaos - Boat sail show kingdom banner.

Since playing on the Chaos server is mainly representing your kingdom, gaining influence and kicking other kingdom's butts, we should have the option to have our kingdom banner on our boat sails.  There are a lot of boat battles and all boats look the same except for the people on them wearing tabards.

I would love to roll up with my crew on another crew in a boat battle representing.  Either put the flag or wagon texture on the sail or have an option to design one as part of the PMK graphic deal.

I really feel this would add a lot to Chaos and shouldn't be under estimated.  Representation is a big deal in Chaos and don't see why boats shouldn't be part of it.  It was a HUGE deal in real life hundreds of years ago.  You would look in the distance for the flag or sail to know who's rolling up.

The boat should auto have the logo on the sail if the boat is picked or transferred ownership to another kingdom.  Would be nice to have the option to show it or not too just to have the option.  Options build tools on Chaos.

Representation is huge in battles.  People in real life their only job in a battle is to hold the village or state or country flag and die doing it to represent.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 10

Unsure how much of this already supported in code; though, the game definitely does track the kingdom of the owner.

I've always liked this idea. Big +1

But I think boats should require their own unique design based on the concept. The same way tabards can be different to tall and small banners and flags, boat sails should have their own design using the kingdom colours and logo elements.

I have to bump this one.

Add this as one of the PvP fixes/upgrades/overhaul/whatever it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reylaark said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse

It'd be great if you could actively choose which sail to raise... muahaha.. MUAhahahah..aah

:ph34r:

Maybe they can work like wagons and get the texture of the kingdom of the original creator.

• Like 2

i think this is a big requested pmk update; along with bardings!

With now being able to put different colors on boat and sails can we get this option to add kingdom flags to the sails at least only for PvP?

Edited by nicedreams
Spelling

Since we can now color sails separated from the rest of the boat, does this mean we can have the possibility of kingdom logos on our sails on Chaos/Epic?

+1. game got separate dye area for sails so a 'kingdom paint' wouldnt be over the top. maybe need to use a certain color/ql dye to paint the kingdom  colors, and it can be kept across server?

after all this is wurm, shouldnt get some automatic changes too easily, and a captured boat would need to be repainted and have its locks changed anyway so...

• Like 1

+ 1 kingdom tabard design on boats now we can paint the hull from the sails

• Like 1