header.png

Hi everyone!

Another week down, and another edition of Valrei International!

This week we cover a few things, but first, Patch notes!

Spoiler

Patch Notes 26/JAN/17

Changes and Features:

• Lootable Rift creature recipes will now go directly into the inventory of a participant rather than drop on the corpse of the creature.
  • The deity transfers for Nahjo and Libila PMKs offered with the 1.3 patch will end on February 1. /transfer will be disabled and GMs will no longer accept in game requests for transfers.
  • Show Village Plan via the settlement token will mark perimeter and underwater tiles differently to village tiles to allow mayors to identify the village borders easier.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Completed barrel racks will no longer have the add to crafting window option in the right click menu.
  • Bugfix: Removed rarity from milking.
  • Bugfix: A player will no longer get stung by bees when boarding a vehicle containing an active hive, even if they do not have a lit smoker. However, a commander will still get stung as bees do not take kindly to being relocated.
  • Bugfix: Fillets of fish will no longer lose weight after being placed in bulk containers.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with marking and writing recipes.
  • Bugfix: Beehives will no longer be productive in mines, nor can they be pushed underground.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with a few ‘pasta’ recipes.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where fireworks were not giving the proper number for ‘uses left’.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with bee hives and smoker mechanics.
    • Dormant hives will only sting if you try to load or unload them without a lit bee smoker.
    • Dormant hives may be opened without the use of a lit bee smoker.
    • Active Domestic hives will now sting regardless if they are locked or not without a lit bee smoker.
  • Bugfix: Fixed so that wild hives on deed abide by deed permissions for removing both honey and wax.
  • Bugfix: Fixed triggers for a few achievements which were not working properly.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer milk using sealed containers.
  • Bugfix: Fix for wild hives not being removed in winter and thereby reappearing in the same place the following spring.
  • Bugfix: Fix for capitalization issues with missions.
  • Bugfix: Honey inside a domestic hive will properly average after the hive has been improved.
  • Bugfix: Fix for single queens in domestic hives migrating to other domestic hives – no matter what quality.
  • Bugfix: Due to the large size of some vegetables and the inability to squish them and other ingredients into pottery jars, you may also try pottery bowls for some of those recipes.
  • Bugfix: Removed certain creatures from kill missions and adjusted kill quantities of other creatures.
  • Bugfix: Corrected an issue with mission respawning on Freedom when missions are completed or failed. This should resolve the issue, but we will continue to monitor for any missing missions.
  • Bugfix: Fix for a few items not taking decay on deed when they should. This includes:
    • Animals on a spit
    • Christmas trees
    • Snowmen
  • Bugfix: Removed additional means of teleporting with artifacts in inventory.
  • Bugfix: Removed mission ruler and added a title for the Won the Game achievement.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the taste option on food would not appear if nothing was activated.
  • Bugfix: Fix for vinegar recipes not properly being added to the cookbook in some instances.
  • Bugfix: Removed goat cheese from any recipes that used it as an ingredient as it was too rare (from easter eggs).
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where newly discovered named recipes were not updating some cookbooks.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer unload internal cargo from loaded vehicles as it resulted in ghosted containers taking up space.
  • Bugfix: Resource gathering rune now works correctly with surface mining.
  • Bugfix: Fixes for a few text and spelling errors.
  • Bugfix: Fighting in defensive stance will no longer give occasional aggressive fighting ticks.
  • Bugfix: When planting an herb or spice in a pottery planter, the planted pot will have the quality/damage as the empty planter.
  • Bugfix: Fix to prevent rank gain from all mission types, battlecamp conquering, and HotA pillar conquering. Guard tower conquering now gives 1 rank, the rest trigger rank decay prevention.
  • Bugfix: Flags should no longer take damage while in inventory or on merchants.
  • Bugfix: You will no longer be able to plan a bridge which spans perimeter tiles unless you have village permissions to do so.
  • Bugfix: Addressed an issue with the timer and messaging for conquering battle camps.
  • Bugfix: Changed the way a number of recipes were updated and sent to the client.
  • Bugfix: Recipe fixes for the distilled liquors so that they are correctly recorded in the cookbook.
    • This means that some existing recipes will need to be deleted from cookbooks due to bad recipe data, the recipes affected are the fruit and berry gins and brandies.
  • Bugfix: Planter racks were intended to hold 30 planters so the size has been reduced as was intended.
    • If your rack currently has more than 30 planters, if you remove one it will not go back in and when you plant in one, it will fall to the ground.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a number of cooking recipe and ingredient issues:
    • Creams and butter have their milk type in names.
    • Split fruit juices into individual recipes.
    • Corrected some unnecessary specifications of raw ingredients.
    • Removed some optional ingredients from recipes, as they were unable to be used.

Leafless trees!
A long desired change, felled trees now have a beautiful leafless model, meaning no more lost in a sea of tree models! The unstable client will automatically change from the falling tree animation to the static leafless version, but the stable client will require picking up and dropping the tree, or relogging.

If you do encounter any bugs or crashes with the 4.0 client, be sure to list the current build number in your bug reports, which is 90ca651.

Missed update notes
We missed a few update notes in yesterdays update as they weren't bugs and they slipped through, here's the details:

Cookbook searching
This update included a change to the cookbook, with the ability to search by ingredients, cooker, container, and notes! This should allow you to ensure that you can always find the recipe you want. You can also mouse over the "Search by" field to find out just how many recipes you have, who has the highest?

Larder changes
The larder has also been tweaked, and should provide even more decay protection for things stored inside it, we'll be keeping an eye over them this coming Wurm winter, and will again be following all feedback about their effectiveness.

Flowers and honey
Flowers and enchanted grass were tweaked to provide bigger boosts to honey production during spring and summer, I know this one was asked by several so I'm sure many are happy to see it has come in.

Esert update clarification
A couple of questions this week about the Esert update contest, all submissions can be sent to me via PM or via email, and it will run until the 17th of Feb. The entries will then be voted upon by you in the Esert sub forum.

There's no limitations in the design plans, but we may request changes if we feel they may cause too much lag or that it is missing some new player accommodations.

Community Content

This weeks community content is the first annual impalong ojn Mythmoor, a popular WU server! Impalongs are a long enjoyed tradition in WO and I really like seeing them come to WU as well, it starts today and runs all weekend.

That's it for this week, I hope you all have a great weekend, and I'll see you next week with more news! Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 8

No, when we have news for it we will give a date. We're still at the same place we have been, tracking down some major bugs. Once those are removed it shouldn't be long.

• Like 3

How are those Battering Rams coming? I'm still looking forward to underground housing on epic.... some day.... hopefully..... *sighs*

• Like 1

Cookbook update is perfect! Do we have a count of how many recipes there are in total, now that we can get an exact count of our found recipes?

Please fix the mycelium ccfp issue/bug as soon as u can. We are in such a disadvantage now :(

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Uh, fixed how?

I guess on people being able to cut meals small enough to fit into the basket?

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Uh, fixed how?

Thermos side of the picnic basket is only working. Meals in food compartment decay fast as stored in inventory. I keep my meal in rare cauldron and 0 dmg in 5irl days (tested with 90ql meals)

EDIT: I keep my basket in inventory

Edited by Ulost
frustration
  • Like 1

They slow decay, not remove it outright, and thus make carrying it in inventory effective compared to being outside of inventory, decay ticks are slower and much smaller vs being carried in inventory outside of it.

They are working as intended

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

They slow decay, not remove it outright, and thus make carrying it in inventory effective compared to being outside of inventory, decay ticks are slower and much smaller vs being carried in inventory outside of it.

Okay i keep testing

54 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Are you sure?  I no longer carry my basket because if I fail to drop it before I log off or if I log out /crash unexpectedly, the contents decays fast still.

but I have had a meal in the basket on the floor of a building and no decay for over 2 weeks.  how is this fair?

2 or 3 hours and i have decay if basket is in my inventory.

Also with the size of meals a larger capacity is needed  or the ability to cut down meals to fit. 

Edited by DelightfulDee
missed a bit
  • Like 3

When I use my picnic basket, a meal decays 0.5-1 damage a day whether I'm logged in or logged out.  I'm sorry, but I easily recall a very short time ago when a meal would take 50 damage in an hour sometimes.  The picnic basket is awesome.

• Like 4

Thank you Devs for the increase in nectar (honey) for flower and enchanted grass tiles.

Thanks for the tip on community event on the Mythmoor server!

I'm there the whole weekend as Betty, managing the games. :)

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  • Bugfix: Corrected an issue with mission respawning on Freedom when missions are completed or failed. This should resolve the issue, but we will continue to monitor for any missing missions.

yay! i saw 3 active temple missions half a week ago, which is too annoying to get annoyed by considering the damned things still have no texture.
thank you for aiming to prevent this.

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  • Bugfix: Fix for a few items not taking decay on deed when they should. This includes:
    • Animals on a spit
    • Christmas trees
    • Snowmen

awww

great update ty

14 hours ago, ozmods said:

no news on when the WU update will be available still?

Or when you guys are finally going to address the WU skill gain for mining, meditation and the like? Its still horribly low.

Different skills give different tick sizes. That';s not a bug.

Normal fightskill gain being bugged seems a pretty major issue, any eta on a fix for that?

8 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I guess on people being able to cut meals small enough to fit into the basket?

Can this be added?  Ran into this today where all the meals I made where just over the cap of the lunch box so can't put them in lunch box until I'm hungry enough to each it down a little.  Meaning now I can't use lunch box.

Maybe have it easy to just cut it up when dragged into the lunch box or make it to where we have to use a knife to cut it to fit in the lunchbox.       Same with picnic basket.

Probably wrong place for this so I'll put it in suggestions.

Other than that.....thanks for the update.

Edited by nicedreams

9 hours ago, Lisabet said:

When I use my picnic basket, a meal decays 0.5-1 damage a day whether I'm logged in or logged out.  I'm sorry, but I easily recall a very short time ago when a meal would take 50 damage in an hour sometimes.  The picnic basket is awesome.

Two meals each in their own picnic basket got 27 dmg in 2 days. The picnic baskets were in a large cart. Another meal not in a picnic basket in the same cart got 0 dmg in the same time. I am confused.

If I log off with the basket with food in my inventory, it takes a bunch of damage by the time I return to the game, vs items left on the oven who can go days without damage. 

As for items remaining warm, the lenght is too short. Everything is already cold by the time my food bar is below half. Kinda pointless if you can't eat warm food when you need it.

So devs are you still saying it aint bugged? Or doesnt players know how to use it properly? Basket in inventory with meal inside decays faster than meal in inventory without basket. Like i said before, thermos side is only working.