Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Beginner need help with eclipse :)

Hello friends

I like to play a little bit with the jar files, in this case i like to translate the login message from the announcer mod.

i opened the files with jd-gui and saved the source code, than i moved all files and folders with drag and drop into a new project from eclipse.

i find the class file to translate the message yeah ^^

now i am stuck with compile/saving the project back to announcer.jar

i was able to export it, but.....the testserver wont start.

now i need your helping hand please =) how can i export the jar file correct? what i have done wrong?

Eject

The package path should be the same.

If you just want to translate it use dirtyJOE, you can edit the constant pool or even add to it, also very nice tool for bytecode editing or use CE .

Hope this info helped you.

• Like 1

I have no idea how you mean :/ i have downloaded dirtyJOE

Eject

Hi Eject, I think you're going about this the wrong way.  What you need to do is download the SOURCE files, edit those, then compile.  There's no need to decompile the jar when the source files are already available.  Also note that you must reference the ServerModLauncher files when compiling mods to be used with it.  How to do this will vary depending which IDE you use.

Here's what I would do:

1) Download the source for the server mod loader and extract it to a new folder.

2) Navigate to the /modules/mods/announcer folder, edit the necessary source files found in the src folder structure using any capable text editor.

3) Compile using Maven from the announcer folder (or from the main server mod loader folder, to recompile the entire thing).

4) Compiling creates a "target" folder that will have the new version of the announcer mod in it.  Copy that to your server.

This is an easy way to do simple changes to existing mods when the source is available.  It doesn't provide an easy way to debug your changes if you're doing complex code updates though.  For that you would need to import the source into a Java IDE and link the necessary libraries yourself.

• Like 2

I have a look and  trying to see how to make so it annouce new players . But cant see how.

Edited by Elsa