Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

<Close Please> Loading wagons with a BSB or FSB

I would like to ask that wagons be allowed to load 1 FSB or BSB for the sake of trade.  Maybe even require the Capacity expansion rune to make it possible?

As a person who hopes to expand trade in Wurm, the ability to load BSB's and FSB's on ships is amazing!

However the inability to transport a single loaded one on a wagon is a great hindrance to trade as not everyone has a port side city.  

Alternatively this could be fixed by allowing unlimited or repeated action transfers of goods from BSB/FSB to crates and vice versa.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

yup +1 for this it would make moving full bsb's and fsb's to a new location, loads easier,

21 minutes ago, Tallios said:

I would like to ask that wagons be allowed to load 1 FSB or BSB for the sake of trade.  Maybe even require the Capacity expansion rune to make it possible?

As a person who hopes to expand trade in Wurm, the ability to load BSB's and FSB's on ships is amazing!

However the inability to transport a single loaded one on a wagon is a great hindrance to trade as not everyone has a port side city.  

Alternatively this could be fixed by allowing unlimited or repeated action transfers of goods from BSB/FSB to crates and vice versa.

Not sure what you mean by unlimited transfer of goods?

There was an issue in the past of people moving thousands of veggies in one go, and bringing the server literally to a halt for minutes at a time.  In fact, they could do this at will knowing it would freeze everyone completely for a substantial amount of time.

Just wanted to bring that up as I wouldn't want to see a repeat of that :)  but some measure to keep people from purposely affecting the server in that way and it's all good.

26 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Not sure what you mean by unlimited transfer of goods?

There was an issue in the past of people moving thousands of veggies in one go, and bringing the server literally to a halt for minutes at a time.  In fact, they could do this at will knowing it would freeze everyone completely for a substantial amount of time.

Just wanted to bring that up as I wouldn't want to see a repeat of that :)  but some measure to keep people from purposely affecting the server in that way and it's all good.

Well I would prefer a "As many as possible" that includes a repeat function until the container in question is full each with a timer of 5 seconds or so.  This would still allow for people with larger strength to move things faster, but not have to drag, drop, and hit enter.  

Edited by Tallios

The zinc rune of Magranon (+5% size & vehicle speed) already allows you to load a BSB or FSB into a wagon.  The quality of life enhancement from this one rune alone made 1.3 a great patch.

Dragging item stacks from one bin to another without inventory/carry limitations would be great, but as it's coded right now, the server creates and destroys up to 100x items per BSB-BSB drag action, and would cause a lot of lag if the numbers were uncapped.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

The zinc rune of Magranon (+5% size & vehicle speed) already allows you to load a BSB or FSB into a wagon.  The quality of life enhancement from this one rune alone made 1.3 a great patch.

Dragging item stacks from one bin to another without inventory/carry limitations would be great, but as it's coded right now, the server creates and destroys up to 100x items per BSB-BSB drag action, and would cause a lot of lag if the numbers were uncapped.

So wait, the zinc rune allows it?  I have the silver (increase volume by 10%) and it does not allow it.  As for the transfer of goods, I'm totally happy with an inventory/weight max limit that automates this with a timer.

Edited by Tallios

There's two checks when you try to load or insert an object into another object:  "will this fit at all?" compares the two items' XYZ dimensions, and "is there enough room left for this item?" compares the target item's free volume to the item you're trying to insert.  By default, wagons have enough internal volume to hold 1.3 bulk storage bins, but their Z dimension is not big enough for a bulk storage bin to fit.

Since the "size" and "volume" runes do different things and none of this relies on real-world physics, the practical difference between the two is that the +volume rune lets a wagon hold more things that it could already hold, but the +size rune lets a wagon hold things it couldn't hold before.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

There's two checks when you try to load or insert an object into another object:  "will this fit at all?" compares the two items' XYZ dimensions, and "is there enough room left for this item?" compares the target item's free volume to the item you're trying to insert.  By default, wagons have enough internal volume to hold 1.3 bulk storage bins, but their Z dimension is not big enough for a bulk storage bin to fit.

Since the "size" and "volume" runes do different things and none of this relies on real-world physics, the practical difference between the two is that the +volume rune lets a wagon hold more things that it could already hold, but the +size rune lets a wagon hold things it couldn't hold before.

Thank you, I'm glad someone knows why and how.... I find the wording and the function to be absolutely terrible.... but that's another issue.

Thank you everyone for your input and your help.  I now know my error due to poor understanding of vehicle limitations and cryptic rune descriptors.