Huge Club change

1 Allow the Huge club to be a ql related to the trolls age

Young Troll: 20-30QL

Adolescent Troll: 30-40QL

Mature Troll: 40-50QL

Aged Troll: 50-60QL

Old Troll: 60-70QL

Venerable Troll: 70-80QL

+10 to the ql if it has the trait "Bred in Captivity" for those really interested in Huge Clubs

2 Don't let the huge club decay like a log with termites in them, rather have them decay like longswords or any other weapon on the ground.

3 For uniques that drop clubs, have them be 90-100ql rare or supreme (not repairable or improvable like the rest)

Edited by Yiraia
accidentally hit the submit button
  • Like 3

+1, though maybe increased decay rate inside of corpses or after left on the ground long enough? i can see tons of 80ql troll clubs being left from kills sitting there forever already

• Like 2

You forgot the part where you need to make Huge Clubs even worthy of investing time into them.

And yeah +1 for Zivirt, I'd want them to decay as fast as normal butchering products if left in the corpse.

1 minute ago, whereami said:

You forgot the part where you need to make Huge Clubs even worthy of investing time into them.

And yeah +1 for Zivirt, I'd want them to decay as fast as normal butchering products if left in the corpse.

I would try to think of a way but when the ql is only 45 and i can't have them for even a week it's not worth testing without a wurm unlimited server :). Only problem i see with them so far is their weight. Large maul is 5kg but a big wooden club is 15kg. I must say though, for a person who is trying out wurm (assuming they don't interact with others), a 60ish ql huge club would be a nice start rather than 1 handing a long sword without a proper shield.

Experience with huge clubs: I had 1 skill in huge clubs and crappy cloth armor made from foraged cotton. This was a while ago when beginner stuff sucked. I used a huge club to replace my dumb shortsword and manage to 3 hit a cat in a decent amount of time, and this was 45ql. Then i wasn't afraid to even fight wolves, and my FS was around 10 at the time. Armor sucked, and was low on cotton after making it so fighting till 50% health wasn't ideal, but using the huge club was somewhat for a starter.

Grief alts already get a 50ql sword they don't need 80ql clubs

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Grief alts already get a 50ql sword they don't need 80ql clubs

What good is a 1 handed weapon without a good shield?

3 hours ago, Yiraia said:

What good is a 1 handed weapon without a good shield?

But they're given a shield too.

• Like 1

The only downside I see is that trolls can already wreck armor and shields pretty well. Won't they ruin things even faster? And cause even more brutal wounds on newbies?