Sign in to follow this  
StanleyClark

[SOLVED] Can't push altar out of mine with mine door?

Edit: Found the solution in binding a pull key (push will fail) and queuing up multiple pull commands while quickly stepping backward across the tile threshold out of the mine. No need to bash down the mine door to get the altar out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sup!

I just created a silver altar within my mine. I have a pre-existing stone altar inside and outside the mine. The silver altar is not blessed yet. I have a steel mine door.

After creating and imping the silver altar, I pushed it up the mine entrance ramp to the edge of the tile that is the first tile inside the mine tunnel. When the altar reaches the edge of the tile, where it should in theory move from inside the cave to outside the cave, it stops moving and I get an error saying that I cannot push the altar into the wall. If I stand just outside and try to pull the altar, the altar does not move and I get NO message at all on a regular character and on a GM character I get the error that I am too far away from the altar to pull it no matter how close I stand.

When I try to teleport the altar to the outside tile, I get the error that I'm too far away. I'm not even sure if I'm teleporting an object correctly since I've never used the TP command to TP objects around.

How do I get this altar out of my mine into the overworld?

4c8b1d7ad6.jpg

5a9b12f28a.jpg

Edited by StanleyClark

How do I do that? The door disappears long before I'm close enough to interact with it.

Back up far enough so it is not too far, but close enough where it opens.  Find the sweet spot in the middle.

The method I know that works, (yes there may be better ones) gm character, power 5 ebony wand, right click door. Destroy.  Then right click altar with wand still active and summon it out of the cave.  Look back at entrance, create new mine door.  

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies, but still looking for an answer regarding the mine door.

Is there a way for my non-GM character to remove the door to be put back up later? I don't want to have to bash down a STEEL door and then have to recreate it if I can avoid it.

other than bashing there is no way to remove a door, no.

however try standing inside the mine so you only have to take a single step to get to the surface, queue pull actions on the altar via keybind and move out while the actions are running. should get that altar to the surface.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arium said:

other than bashing there is no way to remove a door, no.

however try standing inside the mine so you only have to take a single step to get to the surface, queue pull actions on the altar via keybind and move out while the actions are running. should get that altar to the surface.

I did exactly this with the push command instead of the pull command.

It doesn't work.

Just now, StanleyClark said:

I did exactly this with the push command instead of the pull command.

It doesn't work.

yes you did it with the push command, which is the difference.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arium said:

yes you did it with the push command, which is the difference.

Hmm, fascinating. Let me try it...

It worked !! No bashing and rebuilding required!

Thank you! :D

Edited by StanleyClark

On 1/24/2017 at 1:48 PM, Arium said:

try standing inside the mine so you only have to take a single step to get to the surface, queue pull actions on the altar via keybind and move out while the actions are running. should get that altar to the surface.

Worked!!  Not on the first try, but if you keep trying then you will get your BSB or Altar out of the mine.  Thanks a lot!

• Like 1