Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

More horse colours and hellhorses

A while ago we got three more horse colours, and it really got a lot of people enthusiastic about horses again.  PLEASE add all the rest too? All the options were great, makes the game more immersive and brings more interest and fun to the game.  

As a reminder, here are the options we got from Malena a while ago

80y62d7.jpg

on this forum thread:

Edit:

As requested before, please make bred hellhorses non aggro on Freedom:

pdQ04JP.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 6

+1 but hasn't this been suggested and denied before?

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 1

+1 - we've gotten a few more colors, what's the harm in adding some more? Seems like an easy way to make breeding animals more fun!

• Like 1

Oooo and Fairy.... 

Tell the devs about that time I finally got a 5 speed hell horse, how I put gold barding on it, how it didn't show, and how I was coughing blood for the rest of the day as a consequence ^_^

• Like 1

The reasoning is that the more textures added, the harder it is for the servers to handle. I'm all for more horse colors personally, but I think we're lucky we got the ones we got already.

Can the servers be made better to accommodate the wider variety of horse colours?  Sorry if this sounds dumb, it is because I have zero knowledge about servers.  I just know that having all those colours would make Wurm even more awesome, spark more interest in AH and in the game in general.

16 hours ago, Araninke said:

The reasoning is that the more textures added, the harder it is for the servers to handle. I'm all for more horse colors personally, but I think we're lucky we got the ones we got already.

Get rid of the colour trait on hellhorses. Its useless (you don't know it, till the hellhorse is a corpse) and it'll free up some of that server space for new horse/cow/dog textures.

If its a worry about textures (which are client side), I really think they're exaggerating if they say 10 more textures (small ones, like the horses) is going to make a difference. Every pmk alone comes with 6 new textures - they wouldn't allow that if it was THAT concerning.

• Like 2

Bump, please find something else to remove (e.g. hellhorse colours, since we can't see them any way...) and add more horse colours.  Awesome horses is awesome!