Sign in to follow this  
Amadee

You scratch yourself. What did you catch now?

Ok, since this is the second time this has happened this way, I figured I'd ask....  Just what are the ways you can catch disease over & above what's on the wiki, if anyone knows?  Granted, it's a few months between so not like it's frequent, just curious.

This time, I was on my cart so technically (I think) not on same tile as the horses.  No other animals anywhere near me and haven't seen a diseased animal for at least a week (rl), longer I think.  I was in my cookhouse unloading grapes into the fsbs and had been in the building for at least 10 minutes so not near any animals at all except the 2 pulling the cart. 

(edit: food level was at 77% and nutrition was 96, water was full)

The last time it happened roughly the same way.  I don't remember exact details but remember being very puzzled since I was nowhere near any animals at that time either and not near any diseased animals in a very long time.

So, is there a randomness where disease can just hit our characters out of the blue, arbitrarily, and for no reason whatsoever?  I sure can't think of a single reason I should have caught a disease.

Not a huge deal, of course but inquiring minds want to know.  :) Anyone have any reliable info on this?

Edited by Amadee

You could very well have been on the same tile, it completely depends upon the position of the cart relative to tile borders at that time. I think that sounds like the most likely case, it can happen whenever a total of 3 or more creatures share a tile. I've not heard of any other ways to catch Diseased status.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1

You could be desynced when it happens and the game thinks your on the same tile. Then again you can be in a group fight where more than 10+ players are involved and not get diseased or working on a dirt wall/mine time with just as many and still not get sick. Or be working on a dirt wall with a wagon fitted with 4 animals in close proximity and still not get sick. I've put it all down to RNG really

• Like 1

For reference, only a wagon has the animals located on a separate tile than the rider/position of the vehicle. A large cart's horses are on the same tile as the cart itself, which means they are on the same tile as their rider, this is because despite it visually being on many tiles or across borders there is only a small single point used to determine the cart's position in the world.

Also, I don't believe 3+ animals is needed either as I have received disease simply by walking by a horse or other animal as well, so I would agree it's pretty much just RNG...

• Like 2

A few years ago I catched a disease on my own homeserver when i kissed Sme's alt, she was enemy kingdom and i helped her with a mission.

BL kissing MR got me diseased immediately

Dunno if luck or coincidence lol.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I walked past shrimpiie once and got dieseased.

I get diseased by TOC/Magic City lag.

• Like 1

lol.  Thanks all for the answers, as well as the humor. Guess this is just one of those infamous Wogic things.  :)

19 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I walked past shrimpiie once and got dieseased.

So did I!

• Like 2

I got my first disease like 6-8 years ago from Battlepants mine. When i got back to my village everyone was like "stay away from me!!! go inside mine untill thats gone"

4/5 would have disease again.

I remember some years back when I lived on Independence I would get diseased several times a day when working around my horse cart. Since I moved off that server it has not happened since. I guess it was just a dirty old server, or maybe it was my neighbor with that huge perimeter attempting to take over further into my deed.

I was surprised though a few days ago when on a WU server I got diseased too! Please don't spread your WO plagues there too Deviz. How does being diseased (in game) effect your character anyway? I don't remember any detrimental effects from it. Just psychological warfare?

=Ayes=