Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Wider gates

+1. The title itself didn't appeal to me much, but I believe that by adding some fence types and gates, deed designs could become a lot more interesting. 

As time in Wurm progresses, we've seen a lot of developmental changes - new options for walls and interior designs, new recipes for cooking and more and we have advanced in time and our world has developed. I believe that it might actually be time to look at expanding currently existing design opportunities for those with big deeds.

These gates and fences wouldn't have to be easily built - they can be challenging and with a high skill requirement - but I see no arguments against this!

• Like 3

bump
maybe just by building 2 gates next to each other, the design could meld in the same way that portcullis on top of one and other does. 

• Like 1

Or like the left and right building arches, have left and right gates.

• Like 6

+1 They could make it with the same idea as the arches - a left and right side one, perhaps one in the middle, if made more tiles than two? :) (lovely pic, by the way!)

• Like 3

Now you do know they have to remove something from the fences and gates we got now to make room for these new ones? But yeah I could see the design implications for them. +1 

Could we also have a "harbor chain" or some sort of gate that would allow for a boat to sail thru it?

• Like 1

Why haven't I +1 this yet....

+1, Mine doors can already do it.

Please no, do not add...

In have already designed my settlement around single-tile gates and would be forced to change it if this option is introduced.

So +1 for then idea and -1 for my sanity ;)

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 8:37 AM, GilwenAistrinas said:

+1 They could make it with the same idea as the arches - a left and right side one, perhaps one in the middle, if made more tiles than two? :) (lovely pic, by the way!)

This is the best option, and would not take up much time to create the artwork for it, as its just modifying a bit the existing gates.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:37 AM, GilwenAistrinas said:

+1 to this and the OP

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, Tallios said:

Could we also have a "harbor chain" or some sort of gate that would allow for a boat to sail thru it?

Thought we could sail low draft boats thru gates already? Pretty sure I been thru a high fence gate to a dock on someone's deed.

45 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

+1  highway deeds need wide gate love

Also we need to be able to check a "leave open" box for gates

3 hours ago, Talohan said:

Thought we could sail low draft boats thru gates already? Pretty sure I been thru a high fence gate to a dock on someone's deed.

Yes you can

+1 we already have a 2 tiles highway i would like to connect a highway to a 2 tiles road trough my deed with 2 tiles gates.