Sign in to follow this  
Ronanxx

Entertainment Jongleurs

This suggestion aims to finally make yo-yos and puppets useful in the form of players being Jongleurs, who were travelling entertainers. They used different forms of "tools" to entertain, usually in taverns or castle courts. So, my suggestions is:

Have two different functions for yo-yos and puppets:

* "play with" to train your yo-yo or puppeteering skill.

* "perform" to give everyone in a certain radius a buff, what that buff would be, I don't know.

Performing success would take several factors into play, QL of the toy, skill level in the respective toys skill and the size of the audience. A small crowd could be disheartening, whilst too large a crowd could be daunting. Perhaps a new "entertaining" or "performing" skill could account for the ideal audience size.

Also one last thing, jongleurs also commonly entertained with instruments, that would be cool. Mandolas, lutes, harps, drums, reed flutes etc.

-Ronanvv

• Like 6

I agree! And I had to post that I agreed to, apparently. It would be nice to see those skills be able to used for a bit of fun. :)

• Like 1

If the buff was decent like a bard from other games it may be useful.  Imagine a pvp battle with a person on each side whippin out puppets during combat. :D

• Like 4

I thought you were going to suggest a juggling skill :)

Musician in SWG was always fun, think LOTR had a pretty good system too.  

Could make for more ambiance at impalongs and other events.

• Like 1

Yoyo use to be useful until too many abused it... which is why we cant have nice things.

But hey I'm always up for Bards (and the tactical uses for their corpses), especially music and instruments.

Edited by Klaa

19 hours ago, tgod said:

If the buff was decent like a bard from other games it may be useful.  Imagine a pvp battle with a person on each side whippin out puppets during combat. :D

For the last few years, I've kept a set of puppets in the PvP section of my inventory in order to annoy people on boat rides and such. Having an actual puppet meta would be a dream come true.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 1

yes! Add: paper mache masks/pinatas, JOUSTING, medieval instruments, so we finally have a merry excuse to spit that roasted pig

image.jpg

• Like 3

Ooo jousting... damn it! I never thought of that as a suggestion.