Sign in to follow this  
Sophorino

[Release] [Client] WurmEsp

The anti-cheat mod used on DesolationV3 (and V4, V5) for this area of WU worked by limiting what data was provided to the client. This took care of many of the use cases mentioned here so it's very possible to get rid of the majority of this stuff. We actually did change veins that were unexposed to rock tile so that you could only see the veins you already knew about regardless of if you used vanilla client or a modded client with livemap, bearmods and/or WurmESP (Bearmods existed about 6 months prior to WurmESP coming to the mods area)

There are limits however due to the way the client works. There is a clause in the EULA that prevents modifying the client directly and even if this was done it's too easy to fake being a real client, meaning the client has to be thought of as hostile from a server perspective. 

If you track player position along with the terrain types they are crossing you can quickly also identify people using anti-collision mods. Another usage is to track patterns of activities. A simple one would be 100 digs in a row however a better example is one where you track pattern of behaviour like 100 digs, drink of water, move to forge, make two nails, move back to dig some more, say hi in local, check mail. Long enough string of these will give you the ability to even identify macros when their creators have gone far beyond what normal gm's would catch.

In summary, anyone can code an anti-cheat mod. I encourage you to go at it from the view of controlling what information is provided from the server to the client. For those things that can't be directly controlled consider changing things to reduce what the client can do with the data available to it. We reduced local as an example of doing this. Finally study the returned data from the client for patterns of usage. These three areas will go a long, long way towards getting rid of many cheating advantages, even ones that likely get missed on WO.

~Nappy

13 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Again, Sophorino, your doing a good job here. Don't let it get to you. People like above, we can just laugh in there faces and move on.

Yeah, just looking to discuss the plug-in constructively. That's fine if you don't want to contribute through. We'll go our different paths. :)

For clarity I am a supporter of this mod because before it existed and became publicly available a select group of people used something called bearmods that provided similar capabilities. Those who played against them unknowingly played at a huge disadvantage. It's good that this is available to level the playing field.

(Of course it begs the question of trying to understand why people see it has winning if the only way they "win" is by cheating with such a huge advantage over their opponents).

• Like 1

Folks, please keep this thread for bugs, requests etc. specific to this mod.  There has been enough topic drift here, so if you'd like to continue to discuss whether this sort of mod is good or bad, please create a new thread in the WU discussions area.

Thank you

Pandalet (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 4

Sophiro, is there a way to adjust the colors of the xray? I would like to change the marble to a different color as there are 3 or 4 different ores that are all white outlined. Maybe a Light blue or dark green? any color that would make it stand out better. 

I am getting a strange bug with WurmESP where when I mouseover the animals I have branded, their names are scrambled, becoming gibberish.  The names change over time as I mouseover the animal, and the gibberish I get is not consistent than I can see.

This bug has been occurring since Wurm Unlimited updated to 1.5.  It did not occur with Wurm Unlimited 1.4.  I removed all other mods be sure it was WurmESP.  I am using Ago's Client Mod Loader.  I tested this with a single alt running to ensure it wasn't a multiple client issue.  I am currently running WurmEspMod 0.0.7b, but also had the bug with version 7a.

I start Wurm Unlimited with outlines for everything set to false in the WurmEsp config file.  This is so that my alts do not have any glowing outlines from WurmEsp.  As long as I do not turn on any of the outlines in the WurmEsp window, I do not get this bug.  Very quickly after I turn on Specials, Uniques, or Champions (my usual three that I keep on), the bug starts to occur.

I do get a warning in the client.log regarding WurmEsp when the game first loads, but no other errors.. 

[02:19:46 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.5-81d4a9a
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\wurmesp.properties
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\wurmesp\wurmesp.jar]
[02:19:47 AM] INFO WurmEspMod: Config loaded
[02:19:47 AM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod wurmesp loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.backend.Primitive$CustomPrimitive during phase configure
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.encode.wurmesp.WurmEspMod as wurmesp (unversioned)

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder with five images.  Two are of the same bison, three of the same horse.  You can see how the name changes as I hover over the animal.  The bison is "Old fat bison '3sF Ruby'" and the horse is "Venerable fat Zarifhunter '3sF+3 Victoria'".

This happens with horses, bison, and sheep.  All are branded animals on deed.  I have no branded pigs or hell horses, so cannot test with them.

Edited by Gorwst

5 hours ago, Gorwst said:

I am getting a strange bug with WurmESP where when I mouseover the animals I have branded, their names are scrambled, becoming gibberish.  The names change over time as I mouseover the animal, and the gibberish I get is not consistent than I can see.

This bug has been occurring since Wurm Unlimited updated to 1.5.  It did not occur with Wurm Unlimited 1.4.  I removed all other mods be sure it was WurmESP.  I am using Ago's Client Mod Loader.  I tested this with a single alt running to ensure it wasn't a multiple client issue.  I am currently running WurmEspMod 0.0.7b, but also had the bug with version 7a.

I start Wurm Unlimited with outlines for everything set to false in the WurmEsp config file.  This is so that my alts do not have any glowing outlines from WurmEsp.  As long as I do not turn on any of the outlines in the WurmEsp window, I do not get this bug.  Very quickly after I turn on Specials, Uniques, or Champions (my usual three that I keep on), the bug starts to occur.

I do get a warning in the client.log regarding WurmEsp when the game first loads, but no other errors.. 

Reveal hidden contents

[02:19:46 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.5-81d4a9a
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\wurmesp.properties
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\wurmesp\wurmesp.jar]
[02:19:47 AM] INFO WurmEspMod: Config loaded
[02:19:47 AM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod wurmesp loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.backend.Primitive$CustomPrimitive during phase configure
[02:19:47 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.encode.wurmesp.WurmEspMod as wurmesp (unversioned)

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder with five images.  Two are of the same bison, three of the same horse.  You can see how the name changes as I hover over the animal.  The bison is "Old fat bison '3sF Ruby'" and the horse is "Venerable fat Zarifhunter '3sF+3 Victoria'".

This happens with horses, bison, and sheep.  All are branded animals on deed.  I have no branded pigs or hell horses, so cannot test with them.

It happends when game started? if not, how much time passed since game started?

I have the same issue but didn't mention it due to thinking that others were PM'ing you with symptoms.

It generally starts doing that within 10 minutes or less.  I've not had it do the random letters on anything other than creatures, but have not tested this to any detailed degree.

I did disable the tooltips mod to see if there was some conflict but it had no effect with tooltips disabled.

Thank you for this mod. It is handy on pve servers where I participate. On one of them rift happened. So i added "rift" to the specials but the rift objects didn't become outlined.

• Like 1

New release

-Xray Improved
-Added to config xraythread and xrayrefreshthread vars
-Fixed mob names gibberish.
-Added to config ore color settings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you can edit ore color directly via config file.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sophorino said:

New release

I played for several hours tonight and had no problems.

Thank you for the quick fix!

• Like 1

On 17.10.2017 at 1:12 AM, Sophorino said:

New release

-Xray Improved

Which is that config file? Where i can find it?

Any way to have dropped items (EG: Gold coins, other tiny little items that's hard to see) highlighted with the search esp?

with arachnophobia mode on, the slaims aren't  highlighted 

Not sure if it was answered, but how can I change the color of certain ore in Xray?

Also, I was going to suggest adding "corpses" to the mob feature.  I haven't tried esp hm corpse yet though, I will today. 

On 1/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, Zeddicus said:

Also, I was going to suggest adding "corpses" to the mob feature.  I haven't tried esp hm corpse yet though, I will today. 

I just added corpse to the specialITEMS section, and they show up outlined in the same colour as source springs and mushrooms. It's very handy for cleaning up the server, or for finding corpses lost in the grass.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 3:07 AM, Batta said:

I just added corpse to the specialITEMS section, and they show up outlined in the same colour as source springs and mushrooms. It's very handy for cleaning up the server, or for finding corpses lost in the grass.

Yep, it's awesome!  Definitely helps clean up.  Do you know anything about changing color of veins for xray?

3 hours ago, Zeddicus said:

Do you know anything about changing color of veins for xray?

I haven't done it myself, but I guess you would delete the word "default" and change it to a colour using the RGB scale. For example, to make rocksalt come up bright yellow, I would think you'd just have this:

oreColorRocksalt=255,255,0

Here's an RGB calculator, in case you need one.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 7:12 PM, Sophorino said:

New release

-Xray Improved

Hey! Love the mod, was wondering how I access xray config in order to change colors?  Also, if I need a specific program in order to read the file to edit it?

On 1/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, Zeddicus said:

Hey! Love the mod, was wondering how I access xray config in order to change colors?  Also, if I need a specific program in order to read the file to edit it?

The config file is located at "\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods\wurmesp.properties".

You can edit it with just about any text editor.  I just use Notepad.

There are lines such as "oreColorOreIron=default".  Just change that to RGB values.  Use the mob colors as an example of how to format it.  You can find RGB values with Google.

• Like 1

I'm not able to see ores underground that haven't already been revealed. Boo Desolation, boo.

Edited by Zyzyx
  • Like 2

Sometimes the UI is not there when logging in. Is there a command to force it to come up?

Hi Sophorino- 

First off- love the mod :)

Second- There's some issues with this and 1.6: getting some odd ghosting of Players, and Mobs. On Bdews Otherlands Test Server that is set up with the update.

:)

-Zarsynn