Sign in to follow this  
Sophorino

[Release] [Client] WurmEsp

3 hours ago, wipeout said:

is there a reason why guards of any kind(tower and deed) do not show up no matter what kind of name combination i use yet anything else does?

will check later the issue.

If the tower guards and deed guards are modified they don't search properly....they don't even understand their own names.

I just updated and even tried re-downloading the OCT 12th version, but the Xray will not turn on, it shows that it's on, but i dont get the outlines whatsoever. 

It also will not say xray on unless the champions is on. everything else works though.

Any ideas?

I hope this mod stays dead, for the sake of WU's future and integrity, ESP has ruined many aspects of WU, especially PvP.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Huntar said:

I hope this mod stays dead, for the sake of WU's future and integrity, ESP has ruined many aspects of WU, especially PvP.

Maybe OP should make it only work on Freedom.

There must be a way to check what type of server you're on and limit it to PvE.

1 hour ago, JDBooker said:

Anyone could edit the client mod and re-enable it. Would need to be done server side which is not an easy feat

Edited by Governor

2 hours ago, JDBooker said:

Not how that works.

51 minutes ago, Governor said:

Anyone could edit the client mod and re-enable it. Would need to be done server side which is not an easy feat

which is simply not possible.

2 hours ago, JDBooker said:

It just needs to not be updated/made available to the public. It ruins many aspects of PvE and completely ruins PvP.

This is coming from someone who has used his own personal ESP for two years.

Edited by Huntar

I honestly hate this mod exists but hope it is updated for public. Reason is if the few developers that run there own now have an advantage that most won't have access to. At least being public it levels the playing field for all.

Edited by Jerone0601
  • Like 1

I see where you're coming from, but I do think that this being available to all does help level the playing field.

In PvE it's pretty much just the sake of convenience, the only advantages you get are easily being able to see treasure chests, beehives, anything you're searching for

In PvP if someone is using it and the rest aren't, then that 1 person has the sole advantage. If all are using it except one, then it's on that person to download the mod.

It's a difficult thing really, but my personal opinion is that it's better to be out there than hidden away for a select few to ruin it for others.

• Like 1

People here are also going to have to keep in mind that fixing this mod will require more than just a single fix or two, from what I understand from a few others modders trying to fix ESP for this update, it's very intensive and requires tons of work. I don't think we will be seeing this for awhile.

Seems the new patch broke this.  Is there an update in the works? Just saw the new release.  Works like a charm again, though unfortunately without Xray. I'll keep checking back for that.  Thanks!

I play alone on my own offline server and it's extremely difficult managing alone without WurmESP.   If you don't like it, don't use it.  There will always be people finding ways to "cheat" in PVP and I would fully support some method to prevent mods like ESP being used in that manner.  But don't punish the rest of us who are minding our own business.  The whole point in modding and private servers is to play how we want.

Edited by JackBinimbul
  • Like 2

I agree with JackBinimbul, I rather like this mod for my own private server, it made it much easier to find chests and rare animals.

• Like 1

GRAVE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] Field pickDistance in com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.HeadsUpDisplay is private.

EDIT: nevermind, this error is for rangefinder mod. Sorry

Edited by Jasmyn

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

which is simply not possible.

I disagree.

• Like 2

Don't derail the topic please, you can make another thread and discuss moral use of this, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to post that i made a HotFix w/o xray, didn't had time to implement it on the new render system.

Right now it's implemented, will need a bit pulling and will commit.

T5gHyJY.jpg

A bit uglier than it was before, will work on that.

• Like 1

New release.

-XrayFix
-Added to config xraydiameter and xrayrefreshrate vars
-Now xray only visible inside caves.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2017 at 6:48 AM, Sophorino said:

Don't derail the topic please, you can make another thread and discuss moral use of this, thanks.

How is this a derail? You've released a mod on a discussion board, so people are discussing it. You can't publicly release a mod providing outright cheating abilities without expecting some discussion against what you've done.

This isn't having a go at you personally. (If you didn't publish a mod like this someone else for sure would have.) It's right here though, and by you. Us non-cheaters are free to express our disapproval for this mod, so deal with it. :)

On 2/15/2017 at 6:39 AM, Xyp said:

I have just come to the decision as a server owner, instead of trying to fight it, make other kinds of challenges and work around it.

Players should have options, the client just gets too much data that should be hidden from them unless a proper action is done. Fixing all of that is a monumental task at this point.

Minecraft managed to make some aspects of cheats not work any more by working on exactly your "client just gets too much data" point. The server knows where the player is and which direction they are looking, so if the server thinks the player can't see something (like an ore or another player) the ore is swapped as rock and the player is not told that the other player exists.

Countering ore x-ray may not be that difficult as you'd only have to check if any of the 4 surrounding tiles are cave floor. No? Tell the client this is tile is a cave wall. Of course I am just talking concept, I have no idea how much you can control with mods in Wurm. This would need to intercept the way that tile messages are broadcast to players.

Obscuring entities that are out of view would be way harder. First you'd have to create a linked list of all the entities the player can see within their FOV and render distance. I'm not sure if the server ever knows client FOV and render distance values, so if not we'd have to assume the highest allowed. You'd then have to calculate 8 trace lines from the player's eye origin to each entity in the list. I say 8 as you'd need to calculate to the 8 corners of the bounding box of the entity, as for example if their arm was genuinely visible beside the end of a wall only tracing to the origin of that entity this would determine it as out of sight when part of it is not. The hardest part is then determining if there is anything opaque along the trace lines, then only if all 8 trace lines determine that to be true, hide the target entity from the player. There's then the problem of how frequently do you check for this to ensure that as things move around they become included/excluded from client data. This will get very CPU expensive as the player count increases.

Needless to say this did have a modest but noticeable increase on server CPU usage. The entity tracing would be incredibly CPU intensive what with the dynamic shapes of things in Wurm, like trees.

29 minutes ago, Adambean said:

How is this a derail? You've released a mod on a discussion board, so people are discussing it. You can't publicly release a mod providing outright cheating abilities without expecting some discussion against what you've done.

This isn't having a go at you personally. (If you didn't publish a mod like this someone else for sure would have.) It's right here though, and by you. Us non-cheaters are free to express our disapproval for this mod, so deal with it. :)

Minecraft managed to make some aspects of cheats not work any more by working on exactly your "client just gets too much data" point. The server knows where the player is and which direction they are looking, so if the server thinks the player can't see something (like an ore or another player) the ore is swapped as rock and the player is not told that the other player exists.

Countering ore x-ray may not be that difficult as you'd only have to check if any of the 4 surrounding tiles are cave floor. No? Tell the client this is tile is a cave wall. Of course I am just talking concept, I have no idea how much you can control with mods in Wurm. This would need to intercept the way that tile messages are broadcast to players.

Obscuring entities that are out of view would be way harder. First you'd have to create a linked list of all the entities the player can see within their FOV and render distance. I'm not sure if the server ever knows client FOV and render distance values, so if not we'd have to assume the highest allowed. You'd then have to calculate 8 trace lines from the player's eye origin to each entity in the list. I say 8 as you'd need to calculate to the 8 corners of the bounding box of the entity, as for example if their arm was genuinely visible beside the end of a wall only tracing to the origin of that entity this would determine it as out of sight when part of it is not. The hardest part is then determining if there is anything opaque along the trace lines, then only if all 8 trace lines determine that to be true, hide the target entity from the player. There's then the problem of how frequently do you check for this to ensure that as things move around they become included/excluded from client data. This will get very CPU expensive as the player count increases.

Needless to say this did have a modest but noticeable increase on server CPU usage. The entity tracing would be incredibly CPU intensive what with the dynamic shapes of things in Wurm, like trees.

I have been working on a counter for this client mod on Wyvern Reborn for quite some time and absolutely everything you said here is accurate. I'll be releasing the counter to the public in the near future, once it's shaped up a little more, but testing is still underway to ensure the entity counter is not too CPU-intensive.

• Like 2

Sophorino,  thank you for making this! I think this mod is cool.

I implore you to ignore the naysayers. They can't stop you and all they can do is complain. I dealt with people like them in WO for years. All these silly people who seem to think they have to force others to play their way in order to have fun. Modding is the best thing ever to come to Wurm. Now an individual player can decided whether to use a mod and those selfish people who like to tell others how to play can't do a thing about it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, joedobo said:

I implore you to ignore the naysayers. They can't stop you and all they can do is complain. I dealt with people like them in WO for years. All these silly people who seem to think they have to force others to play their way in order to have fun. Modding is the best thing ever to come to Wurm. Now an individual player can decided whether to use a mod and those selfish people who like to tell others how to play can't do a thing about it.

We're not asking Sophorino to stop. Some of us are raising the point that cheats provided by mods such as this need some way of being controlled server-side, so that those that want to run fair public worlds can do so. This is a constructive point. Those who want to enjoy this mod in their own worlds, fine, enjoy it. However gaining an unfair advantage from this on other people's public worlds is outright cheating.

The only "silly" part here is the arrogant stance of "screw all these silly people that don't like it" without any constructive input to a discussion. Well played. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Adambean said:

The only "silly" part here is the arrogant stance of "screw all these silly people that don't like it" without any constructive input to a discussion. Well played. :)

Again, Sophorino, your doing a good job here. Don't let it get to you. People like above, we can just laugh in there faces and move on.

8 hours ago, Adambean said:

This is the discussion thread for this mod, not moral use of the mod or ways to counter it, you can perfectly make another thread and discuss it freely, this is an approved mod for WU, in any time staff can take down this thread.

3 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Sophorino,  thank you for making this! I think this mod is cool.

Thanks for your words. A few are really mad, they are free to implement in their servers a counter to this like others did, in fact they should since this is not the only mod, there where privated ones with only a few people using it (the pvp elite).

• Like 2