Sign in to follow this  
DropDeadFred

Bugged Beehive

I have a beehive that has had the noisy tag on it. I have another one next to it with 2 sugars in it. The thing is they have been next to each other for at least 2 weeks. The noisy one is 89 ql. and the other one is 90 ql. Usually it only takes a day or two for the queen to move, but this one just wont move out.

It is all RNG Fred, sometimes they move right away, and sometimes they are so stubborn, try dropping a few extra's next to it, lower ql.

We had one that never migrated before it snowed.

• Like 1

I had one take excessively  long but after dropping another empty hive  nearby it moved within an hour.

I honestly think the more hives the  more likely it is to move.

You will also want to put a low quality hive nearby as that is your best chance at getting the extra queen to move. By making the empty hive higher quality you now run the risk of the whole hive moving. Quality means nothing in regards to the extra queen.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, JudusX said:

I had one take excessively  long but after dropping another empty hive  nearby it moved within an hour.

I honestly think the more hives the  more likely it is to move.

You will also want to put a low quality hive nearby as that is your best chance at getting the extra queen to move. By making the empty hive higher quality you now run the risk of the whole hive moving. Quality means nothing in regards to the extra queen.

I thought you need a higher ql. beehive in order to entice the 2nd queen to move. I guess it is just to move the whole hive. thanks for your help