Sign in to follow this  
Goodwin

Playing on 4k TV (Resolved)

Does anyone out there play Wurm on a 4k TV? I'm having a couple of issues with the display and was wondering if anyone has experienced them too.

The first one is that everything on the screen (UI, tiles, objects etc) do not appear under my mouse pointer (they are a few inches off to the right for some reason).

Secondly, if I use the mouse to look around, the screen just jumps, e.g. If I'm looking at the ground and move the mouse to look up I end up looking at the sky.

If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by Goodwin

2 hours ago, Goodwin said:

Does anyone out there play Wurm on a 4k TV? I'm having a couple of issues with the display and was wondering if anyone has experienced them too.

The first one is that everything on the screen (UI, tiles, objects etc) do not appear under my mouse pointer (they are a few inches off to the right for some reason).

Secondly, if I use the mouse to look around, the screen just jumps, e.g. If I'm looking at the ground and move the mouse to look up I end up looking at the sky.

If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I'm really just guessing here but things not being at the mouse pointer sounds familiar.  Are your computer, the game, and the tv all set to the same resolution?

Otherwise, send me the TV, preferably before the football games start, and I'll see if I can figure out right after the superbowl ;)

• Like 1

I'm just playing on a 4K Laptop... haven't had any issues with the built in monitor, but I can ask some of my friends whom play on the TV's if they have any ideas! 

Sadly they aren't Wurmians, but they may or may not have some ideas what would be causing said issues, will get back to you later, as I'm just heading to bed when I saw this post heh.

Wish you luck in the mean time, perhaps someone else will know!

• Like 1

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/144161-wurm-in-4k/

There's a few other posts i can't find atm.
The UI interface is being revamped, a future update will resolve most problems.
i play on a 4k tv as well (49")
for now, if you right click on the launcher and select properties.. goto compatibility. 
tick >disable display scaling on high DPI settings
that'll help with the launcher but not the client. 

As for your mouse's infinity sensitivity problem.. that occurs when i change the desktop resolution without relogging windows (afterwards)
 in windows control panel, i have enhance pointer precision on, but the sensitivity down to almost 0.
I remember reading about something else that causes the mouse to behave in such a way but can't recall it at the moment.

6 hours ago, Goodwin said:

everything on the screen (UI, tiles, objects etc) do not appear under my mouse pointer (they are a few inches off to the right for some reason).

That's a new one. I'm afraid i've no idea... im sure someone else will reply eventually.
if i think of anything i'll mention it.

• Like 1

I believe this is the resolution issue. Had this when using my 50inch tv for wurm. Basically try changing wurms resolution to meet the screens res. This can also sometimes happen when alt tabbing out of a game to another game/application.

7 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

As for your mouse's infinity sensitivity problem.. that occurs when i change the desktop resolution without relogging windows (afterwards)
 in windows control panel, i have enhance pointer precision on, but the sensitivity down to almost 0.
I remember reading about something else that causes the mouse to behave in such a way but can't recall it at the moment.

this could fix the issue. Specifically the part about changing the resolution without relogging windows. All i did was change the resolution and re-log windows and it fixed it for me.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your replies.

Success! It was the resolution that was causing both problems, and everything is working fine now.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

• Like 3