Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Animal Transport Boxes Or Hitch Animals To Ships

+1 for animal transport

+1 for cross server

-1 for trying to link the two.

• Like 2

I always thought, why don't they just make another type of boat that lets you load animals. Like a barge or something.

• Like 3

+1 to animal crates

-1 for crossing servers with animals

thoe for my 2 cents i would not allow anything larger then medium in a large cart, 2 large per wagon at most.

+1  been asked for so many times - come on, Devs !

I do feel that we should be able to transport all non aggressive animals like we can the horses. I do not see a need for the restriction on cattle, bison, sheep ... etc 

I think a box kind of thing might be confusing for new players thinking they can cross servers with them but being able to lead non aggressive animals across water on the same server should be allowed. 

Edited by Kegan

39 minutes ago, Kegan said:

I do feel that we should be able to transport all non aggressive animals like we can the horses. I do not see a need for the restriction on cattle, bison, sheep ... etc 

I think a box kind of thing might be confusing for new players thinking they can cross servers with them but being able to lead non aggressive animals across water on the same server should be allowed. 

With this system, new players wouldn't be able to make the boxes since they'd be restricted to higher skill levels, thus avoiding confusion. Too many times has it happened that due to server crashes, lag, disconnects and alike, I've lost animals when trying to transport them.

Also, just as a sidenote, animal transport is something that was invented VERY early on in our world, and we're way past that point of development within Wurm. We have all the mechanics, why not make it possible now? :) 

• Like 1

+1 

wouldn't it be cool if you could move your deed, and bring animals along for the ride?

+1

a few things just need polishing - what and how could be trapped in the boxes..

things like... being unable to lead random horse with gear for 10-50s/+.. and unload it on a lava tile.. etc etc.. all that 'fun' kind of *******

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 1:55 AM, JakeRivers said:

I think Tich has in mind a new boat for moving animals, which would be more interesting than making a animal crate.

I await the Ark

Ill hang out for this new boat and hope its not cross server.

The crate idea is interesting, but again as you state in the op, non cross server.

+1

+1 Can add this while adding the cross-server animal transport. 2 birds and a ton of happy Wurmians with 1 stone. :D

56 minutes ago, Matholameu said:

+1 Can add this while adding the cross-server animal transport. 2 birds and a ton of happy Wurmians with 1 stone. :D

I'm going to repeat myself: PLEASE DO NOT MIX THE SERVER CROSSING WITH THIS SUGGESTION!!! I've already provided a reason on Page 3:

I'd like to ask you to please avoid making this idea about server crossing and to keep that to separate threads meant for that. This idea is solely for a safe version to transport animals, server crossing is not part of my suggestion. Of course it would be fairly neat in some ways to have it, but I would like to ask you to keep that seperate from the animal transport. I do not want the suggestions linked because I believe that there hopefully will be animal transport boxes some time, but I do not believe that animals crossing servers will be in the focus of any of the development any time soon. 

Bottom line: Let's keep this idea a possibility for the future by refraining from combining it with server crossing. Thank you! :)  

This might be what you are thinking of just something I slapped together real quick and it's not finished but it puts the idea in reality for CC.

• Like 5

Thanks for keeping this thread alive Yldrania!

bump and + 1 from me