3 hours ago, Keenan said:

As for any poor reviews, we've been paying attention. Part of what I've been working on with the 1.3 update for WU is to fix some of the glaring problems that the server launcher has had. It should be more stable, and the new classes and solutions I'm adding will make it easier as we move forward with what we'd like to focus on this year.

Personally, I'd like to make WU as easy to play (as in, start up and get into) as any other game off of Steam. We're not ignorant to the fact that it takes a bit more than common gaming knowledge to get up and running right now. I think you may find many of the reviews you mention actually name that fact as their reason - then top on things like the in-game user interface (which is also slated as a project for this year).

As someone who is a Network Systems Engineer by trade I can appreciate the work you buys are putting into this even if I'm chopping at the bit and drooling waiting for the new crops and herb planters. People also need to realize that Code Club isn't as large as some development studios, but do an awful lot over the course of a year for the size they are.

• Like 1

Keenan, you have me excited with your "in-game user interface" comment.  I hope all components can become configurable, such as resizing, positioning (with memory of last position) and especially a drastically scaled down craft window for those of us that play smaller Wurm windows and not giant full screen all the time.

I still don't get why people troll the developers into working faster.  As a WU server owner, if the patch was forced out faster to meet every single expectation of players the community would riot when it didn't work properly due to a lack of testing or tweaking or who's knows... Planning for the future ease or transitions into more elaborate stuff.  

Take as much time as you guys need to fix stuff, becuase if it was the speedy approach to keep people distracted they would be raging far worse when it wasn't tested on every possible scenario. And those same dramatic people would be here discrediting the developers once again.

Making people hurry up in anything always loses quality when time is the only importance.  

Keep on wurming dev team, thank you in advance.

Edit:. It is odd to see so much impatience from people who play a game that takes years to do anything. A few months is too long?

Edited by Brew
Comment added