Please lessen them, they harm the playerbase. Its impossible to start for noobs on epic and even ppl that come back, its annoying and doesnt help our cluster at all.

• Like 4

Two newbies I was talking with in spawn with said they were quitting because they were tired of dying to the "two headed monster" right near spawn along with drake spirits. Seems like there is dozens if not hundreds of these mobs in the server and are very hard to avoid with small amount of exploration.

• Like 2

yeah the stuns need to be removed entirely and the higher difficulty mobs like gumps or spirits need to not spawn in groups of 10s

• Like 1

Or make them spawn in groups of 50+ so they are easier to see from a distance

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Namekat said:

Or make them spawn in groups of 50+ so they are easier to see from a distance

Seems like the most balanced suggestion

• Like 2

682DA0A373285668F4435E8C14EB171D58B0DCE0

Ok ok I'll stop.. but in all seriousness, wouldn't it make sense to give newbies an "aura" that keeps valrei mobs off them for the first 24hrs of game time, kinda like the normal reduced aggro one?  Should be enough to reach safety at least.

• Like 2

Honestly, the main issue like gary pointed out is not the difficulty(other than those stupid chain stuns) but more the amount spawned at once on a server that sees very little roaming currently.  They have just amassed over the last year into these death parties of valrei mobs. 

The same thing happened when for like 7 months all valrei mobs didn't attack anything they piled up on the map for months till placed looked like this.

(Both these are from new elevation july 2015)

80c09d45f6e2daaf158bbcda0359b4b3.png

cb8bff7bc5843066d430f5cb43af6483.png

I would say +1 to making them spawn in much much much smaller groups and putting a cooldown on the stuns they let off so they don't chain you to death in 12 seconds unless you exploit the distance bug(or feature?) to stop them from stunning.

• Like 2

A shorter lifespan (a week maybe?) for valrei mobs would help, especially for the gangs that congregate on server borders.

• Like 3

Bump

I advice a dev/gm or someone who can fly around, fly a circle around our servers and see how many of them are around. It makes no sense 

Edited by LorenaMontana
Typos

Also, at this point, there is no incentive to put together a team to kill Drakes and Eagles as all they drop is a Valrei item, gland, and eye.  And, since most of them are in deep water you will likely not be able to retrieve them anyway.  I get all of the Valrei items I need killing NoGumps, Sol Demons, and SOUs.  And I have a chance to get a lump or ointment drop.

They also seem to gather in swarms of 3 to 10 spirits making it kind of hard to separate into singles to be killed by 2 or 3 players.

So one possible solution would be to make it worthwhile for players to hunt the spirits by increasing the loot drops to encourage players to group up to kill them. With how many mobs are dropped daily on Epic it won't be long until we are in the same boat again even if GM's god kill all of the Val Mobs.

+1 to the idea of shorter life span for Val Mobs.  Mobs that spawn and become a problem are dealt with in short order.  Mobs that spawn in the wilderness are mostly ignored and multiply like rabbits making some areas no go areas for those in the know.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I was returning to Elevation and stuck in an abandoned deed. Despite a decent fighting skill and a boat, I almost died to the eagle spirits since I ended up picking up more and more of them and in the end I had a tail of 8 of them that never stopped following me until I reached the starter deed, where I got help of the spirit guards and guard towers to defeat them. Was way over the top.

• Like 1

I don't want to see less of them as such but would prefer they were worth killing. I hunt them for tokens in my local area and will sometimes clear out another area just because I am nice or want more tokens but generally no one bothers with them because they aren't worth the time and effort. Everyone kills the ones that butcher for seryll though. How about spirits reward some form of drake valrei equivalent like seryll does for scale? Or something of real worth and then you would have people out hunting these 10 spawns for fun instead of just sailing by and avoiding what they can and out running the rest.

• Like 1