Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

HOTA Changes Discussion

Just to be clear, this is in no way run by us. When we determine the time to raise the issue we'll be using our own thread.

I appreciate the time being taken to discuss this, but we have our own goals and aims to have hota achieve, and will be working with them in mind, when the time comes to outlay them we will. Once we do that we'll begin discussing potential changes and taking feedback.

Until then though, feel free to spitball ideas.

9 hours ago, Samusen said:

I think you misunderstood this thread.  This thread is how can we improve HoTA, that means for everyone.  Not just for people who live on the border of the current HoTA.  I know it's hard to understand, why don't we just bulldoze everyone and put our own deeds there?

It's never a question of if we can when it comes to a suggestion thread.  It comes down to the basis of if we as players should have the mechanical ability in game to do so.  I was well aware before this thread that I could assemble a group of players to attack and raid a deed.  This thread how ever is about benefiting everyone on Chaos, not just my kingdom.  So let's keep that in mind when replying because I'm advocating for everyone to get in and do HoTA.

There will always indeed be an edge to the HoTA.  Where you seem to have misunderstood me is that.  I want to be able to cap a pillar, on equal ground.  If the person attacking me is 20 tiles from a deed where they can hide and heal up that isn't equal ground.  Now I'm sure you'll come full circle "why don't you just raid his deed."  Again the question is, should I mechanically have to in a scenario that is geared towards creating pvp content. 

I'm all for a dedicated HoTA server, I threw that up forever ago and it was shot down.  It actually isn't unnecessary, if we had a large and properly expanded no build zone around the HoTA.  It would have kept HoTA alive without player regulation and intervention.  Which again comes back to the same mechanical suggestion that I proposed.  Will HoTA borders that are big enough for everyone to get into and enjoy the content make it more appealing and feasible for the smaller kingdom player base.

Basically your argument is I don't want to pvp so I can pvp in a can, just admit you want ez-mode.  It's all pvp, raiding and doing hota. You shouldn't need to ask the staff to pvp for you by imposing frivolous buildzones and extended borders.  Your problem can be solved via normal pvp means therefore nothing needs to change, play the game.  The fact that they recently made HOTA a no-build/no-terraform zone is extreme interference by the impetuous staff since there was already increased decay in the zone.   As for smaller kingdoms, if they want to do hota then they need to work together, if they choose not to do so then don't cry about being small.  Its not the game's fault you used alts to make your kingdom and you can't field enough fighters to accomplish your goals.    

• Like 1

except in king of a hill zergs are forced to be split if they fear leaving one at a pillar might get them killed.

There is no mechanic that is going balance a 15 vs 8 man fairly 24/7.

What we need is ways that the smaller kingdom can receive advantages And have act fast on them to get the most out of it.

We shouldn't expect the smaller kingdom to win a majority but atleast make the biggest kingdom worry of flanks and that they could lose.

Zergs already dominate hota and they only let smaller kingdoms win by mistakes or they decided something else was worth focusing on.

Edited by shankiest

All you need to do for hota is show up, eventually the numbers against you will be in your favor, with the alternating time slots you have your choice of times to run it, there is usually a down time with low server numbers. If you never show up, it is no ones fault but your own for not attempting it, this was true before and is true now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Basically your argument is I don't want to pvp so I can pvp in a can, just admit you want ez-mode.  It's all pvp, raiding and doing hota. You shouldn't need to ask the staff to pvp for you by imposing frivolous buildzones and extended borders.  Your problem can be solved via normal pvp means therefore nothing needs to change, play the game.  The fact that they recently made HOTA a no-build/no-terraform zone is extreme interference by the impetuous staff since there was already increased decay in the zone.   As for smaller kingdoms, if they want to do hota then they need to work together, if they choose not to do so then don't cry about being small.  Its not the game's fault you used alts to make your kingdom and you can't field enough fighters to accomplish your goals.    

ey bb just wanted to say that I missed your shitposting, was getting lonely only seeing Jukimo doing it

i'd rather see the hota be removed completely

only causes cancer

spawn chests or whatever around the map instead and give incentives to roam the map

anything other than this stupid static event with a set timer for every kingdom to zerg up for

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

han this stupid static event with a set timer for every kingdom to zerg up for

What are you doing on chaos if you don't want to pvp then?

Just now, JakeRivers said:

What are you doing on chaos if you don't want to pvp then?

I don't even play this game anymore m8

I'm still going to leave my opinion on things though, and my opinion is that hota is godawful shitboring compared to the fun i've had roaming around with a couple of other people and getting pvp that way

12 minutes ago, Worksock said:

I don't even play this game anymore m8

I'm still going to leave my opinion on things though, and my opinion is that hota is godawful shitboring compared to the fun i've had roaming around with a couple of other people and getting pvp that way

Don't play, so your input is moot really.

So you like to comment for the hell of it?

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Don't play, so your input is moot really.

So you like to comment for the hell of it?

If I was only commenting for the hell of it, i'd be out of this place long ago

I'd love to play but my account is currently stuck on a completely dead cluster (epic)

I don't like account trading/sharing so i'm not going to buy one and I don't feel like grinding another account because i've already spent so much time on my main

I can't wait for you to disregard all my opinions because I play on epic :^)

Except most the biggest fights happened on Hota. It was also where most likely more than one kingdom came to pvp. When epic was high in population you always had worry of the third kingdom waiting to pounce. As the server died it became less likely though. 

13 minutes ago, Worksock said:

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

If I was only commenting for the hell of it, i'd be out of this place long ago

I'd love to play but my account is currently stuck on a completely dead cluster (epic)

I don't like account trading/sharing so i'm not going to buy one and I don't feel like grinding another account because i've already spent so much time on my main

I can't wait for you to disregard all my opinions because I play on epic :^)

Epic is epic, no reason for Chaos to be the same.

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Epic is epic, no reason for Chaos to be the same.

And Freedom is Freedom. 

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.  HoTA has at least 4 kingdoms participating, as opposed to being 99% secured by a single kingdom.... why does it need change?

• Like 1

Double post... sorry :)

Edited by Wargasm

Wish they would fix the forums, the cache keeps putting last replys into the reply box. Hota was not broken before during MR times, there was just less active kingdoms playing.

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Hota was not broken before during MR times, there was just less active kingdoms playing.

Keep telling yourself that, Jake. 

13 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.  HoTA has at least 4 kingdoms participating, as opposed to being 99% secured by a single kingdom.... why does it need change?

Although I somewhat agree I can also see slight changes to either HOTA or other HOTA type mini games like random Rift type events like an event msg stating a troll camp has been spotted in the wilderness with treasures that can be looted... No Damn lights showing its location just leave it to free roaming to find them. No set timer for spawning them... They can be goblin camps as well.. 

I also think changes to HOTA such as an actual random timer for HOTA to start and only a hour or 2 warning sent out. That is something like another game did towards the end of its time they moved away from set times that only zergs would prepare for and they turned it to shorter warning and random timer. This would let spur of the moment smaller groups a chance to get there and win it. Or at least fight for a chance to win it. 

DEVS if you really really want to spice up HOTA and get a bigger attendance give everyone a 50% chance to keep their stuff while in HOTA zone. Some people might not agree to this but HOTA is more about the fight over winning the HOTA and should be less about securing as much loot in a battle... Lets help bring more attendance into HOTA to actually make it more fun... Outside of something like this there really is no need for changes this late in the game not directly to HOTA anyway. 

Edit the basically free rez stone is also only active during HOTA

Edited by MaurizioAM

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Hota was not broken before during MR times, there was just less active kingdoms playing.

Keep telling yourself that, Jake. 

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just to be clear, this is in no way run by us. When we determine the time to raise the issue we'll be using our own thread.

I appreciate the time being taken to discuss this, but we have our own goals and aims to have hota achieve, and will be working with them in mind, when the time comes to outlay them we will. Once we do that we'll begin discussing potential changes and taking feedback.

Until then though, feel free to spitball ideas.

+1 for an official thread from you guys, I just made one because I wasn't sure if you intended to make one yourself =).

Tbh this is funny. When MR dropped dirt everyone was against it From other kingdoms. Now thy want to make it normal ppl complaining again. When there Are tree you can have the hide And seek what makes pvp even more fun. 

Hota use to be fun, with trees everywhere, i loved doing Hota then. Now the hota has not challenge in it al all Hota starts 20 to 30 mins later hota done. sand everywhere what fun? 

RIP Hota

2 hours ago, madnezz said:

His argument is that the idea of HoTA is everyone out in the open against eachother fighting to the death, not sitting on a deed just on the very edge of hota archering horses and generally just being a pain in the ass because they know they'd get rekt if they were in the open with no safety group vs group with no cover.

Having deeds right next to the hota only goes against the idea of it in the first place, it gives people a safe zone. No safe zones is better. The problem here is nobody wants to leave their safe zone cause they know they'll die thus they are against these ideas, but that's tough titties I'm afraid.

You cannot argue that the idea of HoTA is open field pvp, its what it was meant for. So having deeds on the edge of it only hinders that concept.

In regards to the trees, I dunno. It's kinda lame it was just done by the staff I don't understand why they just did that out of the blue. I'd say the smaller kingdoms should have started planting trees themselves if they wanted to but they were probably too scared to approach the area let alone start working on it by dropping dirt.

My personal opinion is HoTA should be phased out and incentives added to raid and push enemy front lines be the focus again. I hate that chaos is now just a freedom server where everyone sits around on deed waiting for the next hota, and every hota is pretty predictable, it's incredibly and painfully boring.

It is boring because it is to easy now.... what is the fun of just looking out in the sand and just look for the glow. When i started playing there was trees everywhere on the hota, and the the stepe area, you had to get out there, you had to look, you did not have roads everything to help you get over the hills and around the place, and you did not have sand everywhere. it took time to do the Hota. 

Put the Hota back to the way it was like 4 years ago.

7 minutes ago, EvaDaly said:

It is boring because it is to easy now.... what is the fun of just looking out in the sand and just look for the glow. When i started playing there was trees everywhere on the hota, and the the stepe area, you had to get out there, you had to look, you did not have roads everything to help you get over the hills and around the place, and you did not have sand everywhere. it took time to do the Hota. 

Put the Hota back to the way it was like 4 years ago.

That wont be fun, it'll be annoying. Nobody wants to run through the woods aimlessly looking for pillars only to see some other kingdom get lucky in finding them first and winning because they just so happened to find them before they did. People want to fight and pvp, not hunt.

The idea is that we all hunt for the pillars, bump into eachother and then have a big fight. Not one kingdom trying to cap the pillars and GTFO before they get caught by the other kingdom because they dont want to fight them, that's not fun at all.