Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Toolbet and Damage Indicator

I was thinking it would be handy if tools in the toolbelt would have the same color codes as the armor in the puppet window. I have blown up a grooming brush recently and have nearly done it several times since, which if it was color coded I would more likely notice a red tool before its too late.

• Like 1

+1 (with a toggle for those who do not care about it).

• Like 1

+1 (with or without a toggle for those that do and don't care about it)

its not a big deal, no need for a toggle

mostly tools are kept repaired anyways, so it will only get annoying when they are damaged, and if they show damage, well its time to repair =p

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

isn't necessary.  Hit i.  Problem solved.

That works fine if you are a simpleton and only carry a few tools around, but if your tools are spread out in various inventory groups, containers and say a back pack it is no longer convenient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

That works fine if you are a simpleton and only carry a few tools around, but if your tools are spread out in various inventory groups, containers and say a back pack it is no longer convenient.

Yeah, I just organized myself to handle it is all.

I keep my tool belt on a small footprint.  Don't want colors, and you're against giving people a choice.

You weren't paying attention, and you had a mishap.  I really don't see how that warrants making a change to how things appear on my screen.

+1 have thought about this in the past already, if it makes people happy give them a toggle.

7 hours ago, Reylaark said:

isn't necessary.  Hit i.  Problem solved.

You complain about it changing your screen even tho it wont even change anything to your screen if you keep the tools repaired...

Edited by Arium

2 minutes ago, Arium said:

+1 have thought about this in the past already, if it makes people happy give them a toggle.

You complain about it changing your screen even tho it wont even change anything to your screen if you keep the tools repaired...

I repair at various times.  No need to keep them repaired at 100% all the time. 

Generally keep a good handle on my tools.  Surprised anyone in a game as craft heavy as Wurm wouldn't.

I suppose if you have to consider anything I'm saying a complaint, I'd say it is that the OP's lack of organization isn't reason enough for him to impose his preferences on others.

Easy enough to add the option to the drop-down, just like choosing between a large or small graphic.  However, the lad explicitly rejected the notion of it being an option.

I like how it is currently, hence I have nothing to complain about.  Shame the OP lost a hairbrush.  Give him a mechanic to hold his hand through it if he needs one, but don't blindly impose it on others.

+1

(toggle would be nice for those that don't want colors if its easy enough to code)

Toggles make things messy, which is why they often make or break a suggestion, f the majority of responses are "I don't want to use it" it usually points to ultimately ineffective work.

What part would be coloured with this suggestion?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Toggles make things messy, which is why they often make or break a suggestion, f the majority of responses are "I don't want to use it" it usually points to ultimately ineffective work.

the tool itself I was thinking, might be messy to add a outline box

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

the tool itself I was thinking, might be messy to add a outline box

for the active tool changing the "tool is active" color from green to red maybe?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Retrograde said:

So you would prefer a single size for the toolbelt?

Horizontal or Vertical, how would you prefer other people's screen to look?

A single size for the compass?

FPS indicator or no FPS indicator?  No toggle, no choice.  What choice would you make on other people's behalf?

Speed indicator?

SB indicator

Would you rather force people to have the improve icon in inventory?  Or force people not to have it?

How bout the combat related toggles?  Large icons or small?  Space or no space?

Toggles allow for individual choice and customization.  It doesn't at all suggest any of the development work above was ineffective.  On the contrary, it respects the diversity and myriad preferences of the human element.  That's a good thing.

• Like 2