Sign in to follow this  
GeraltDeRiv

New Haven 2048x , my first actual map

Hello everyone,

After a few hours messing more or less randomly with the Wurm Generator (I don't know how to use Photoshop or stuff like that so that was my best shot, I guess), I actually got a result I consider quite satisfying.

I'd like to get a few comments and/or ideas about this map.

Here is the topographic map:

1484095414-topography.png

As you might notice, I tried to have a decent amount of relatively easily terraformable land. The highest slopes can be found near water, which can result in some nice landscapes (not actual cliffs, but still quite cool imho).

I'm quite satisfied with the result, considering the fact that I only used the Wurm Generator.

Now I got the map, I'm starting to settle it (1/1 speed, and I only used GM commands to create a starting deed; only the token and the free guards, I mean, no terraforming or building or anything), by building the starting town on the south-west of this map (more or less in the cliffs between the forest with a red dot and the bay/sand... slopes are relatively high but it might be an opportunity to create a small camp that is not simply on a perfectly flat 11x11 square :-) )

I'm playing "offline", but in a relatively far future, I might open it, if people are interested by a chill and cooperating experience.

Feel free to share your impressions and ideas, and have a good day :-)