Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Name and Shame: Consolidated

Just wanted to give players on freedom a heads up regarding an untrustworthy player named BDCkoolaid who recently joined our PMK. His plan to "rob us blind" was foiled and he was kicked from the kingdom before he could take too much.

BDCkoolaid joined the Kingdom and came over to our capital. His toon came over naked so thinking that he was geunine player wishing to join us we gave him some enchanted tools and later he helped himself to gear, weapons. He then makes himself a wagon. Again none of this seemed suspicious to us because we thought he wished to be part of our team and we trusted him.

Wurm University (thank you boiz) contacted LoA and warned us that we had a player in our kingdom that was in their public discord wishing to join them, however that is not why they contacted us. He wished to rob the kingdom blind saying that we had so much good stuff just open for him to take and laying around. He even made specific comments about stealing our rare boat which LoA uses for our PVP boat fights because we had it open for all kingdom members to command.

While stood inside our boat mine in our capital he was asking questions about stealing from your own kingdom and if it was against the Wurm ToS. He also spent some time explaining to Wurm University how to break into the deed and what was inside.

After he was kicked we gave him the option to confess what he had done and said he could leave peacefully without being name/shamed if he just returned the items that were given to him (and the ones he helped himself too) that were meant for a new kingdom member that joins for genuine reasons.

He downright refused and so since Wurm University had already blacklisted him from their kingdom we informed the other kingdoms as well so that they were not going to go through what we did. Since I doubt he'd brag about plans to steal next time.... You will likely log in to find everything not nailed down gone by this greedy individual.

Here is a small snippet of a couple of the posts. I'm sure someone has a full copy somewhere if anyone needs proof but plenty of people have seen the full thing.

Bdckoolaid - Last Sunday at 4:02 AM There's a rare sailboat here with absolutely no perm lockouts. I can command and open it. They're just tempting me I feel like

Bdckoolaid - Last Sunday at 4:15 AM one is off deed, the second is on Bashing the second, you're really exposed to being arrowed to death. Gotta find a good time of day when hardly anyone is on but they have raid notifications on their discord, so not gonna make a huge diff

Edited by Bradcub
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bradcub said:

Just wanted to give players on freedom a heads up regarding an untrustworthy player named BDCkoolaid who recently joined our PMK. His plan to "rob us blind" was foiled and he was kicked from the kingdom before he could take too much.

BDCkoolaid joined the Kingdom and came over to our capital. His toon came over naked so thinking that he was geunine player wishing to join us we gave him some enchanted tools and later he helped himself to gear, weapons. He then makes himself a wagon. Again none of this seemed suspicious to us because we thought he wished to be part of our team and we trusted him.

Wurm University (thank you boiz) contacted LoA and warned us that we had a player in our kingdom that was in their public discord wishing to join them, however that is not why they contacted us. He wished to rob the kingdom blind saying that we had so much good stuff just open for him to take and laying around. He even made specific comments about stealing our rare boat which LoA uses for our PVP boat fights because we had it open for all kingdom members to command.

While stood inside our boat mine in our capital he was asking questions about stealing from your own kingdom and if it was against the Wurm ToS. He also spent some time explaining to Wurm University how to break into the deed and what was inside.

After he was kicked we gave him the option to confess what he had done and said he could leave peacefully without being name/shamed if he just returned the items that were given to him (and the ones he helped himself too) that were meant for a new kingdom member that joins for genuine reasons.

He downright refused and so since Wurm University had already blacklisted him from their kingdom we informed the other kingdoms as well so that they were not going to go through what we did. Since I doubt he'd brag about plans to steal next time.... You will likely log in to find everything not nailed down gone by this greedy individual.

Here is a small snippet of a couple of the posts. I'm sure someone has a full copy somewhere if anyone needs proof but plenty of people have seen the full thing.

Bdckoolaid - Last Sunday at 4:02 AM There's a rare sailboat here with absolutely no perm lockouts. I can command and open it. They're just tempting me I feel like

Bdckoolaid - Last Sunday at 4:15 AM one is off deed, the second is on Bashing the second, you're really exposed to being arrowed to death. Gotta find a good time of day when hardly anyone is on but they have raid notifications on their discord, so not gonna make a huge diff

What a shame that someone does this. Staff has already acted about things like this in the past (The Panda incident) and it has been ruled it wont be tolerated. 

Thanks for letting everyone know.

I'm feeling very distressed and harassed by this post. Especially considering several aspects of this story are objectively false and purposely inflammatory.

Edit: I have also been tracked to and harassed on my WTS thread for my priest. I'm making a formal request for the targeting and harassment to stop.

Edited by BDCKoolaid
  • Like 1

and in this post several users from this post intentionally de-railed a thread with non-related content which is against another set of forum rules 

Trolling
Definition: Inflammatory or off-topic messages intended to provoke other members into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic. 

Rules can be found here 

I'm just going to drop this in here since I think Enki sums it up nicely..

1 minute ago, GregTheBoatMan said:

i understand people can be ###### but rules are the rules no way around it

Oh, I agree they probably should step in for some situations. Often they are too busy trying to 'figure out what happened' by looking through logs and investigating, that by the time it's sorted out...often one of the parties has profited somehow/moved on. I have no beef with either side of this current thing going.

I usually take name/shame things with a grain of salt because you're often hearing one side of a story and the other side gets to come to the party late and has to play defense. I myself was once name/shamed on a third party forum and ended up getting a KoS almost half a year after the drama they wrote about went down and had already been cleared up. It's the downside to someone smearing your name...people just auto assume things about you...without gathering the facts.

(I was named in the Name/Fame thread, to give you an idea of who I am...lol)

• Like 3

@CorsanThat's how it happened here. They went so far as to say I came to their PMK naked. I have 71 PAS. It's only logical that I would sail to a pvp server completely naked. Only a fool would wear their own armor to the pvp server. lol

• Like 1

I have my plate suit on in my profile pic for crying out loud

• Like 1

If you feel like a forum rule is broken please report said posts. Making public complaints is not the way to handle it. Name/shame is a way of warning to other players to prevent actions being repeated (in this case spying/theft). The player in question probably should have thought more about his reputation before going ahead and doing what he did. If he has made players angry and no longer trust him I'm sorry by he only has himself to blame.

Your reputation is valuable.  Your reputation is your responsibility.  Your reputation is your own!

We will not protect you from your own actions.  If you cross someone and they have something negative to say about you, then you earned it on your own merit.  It is in your hands to protect, preserve, improve, defend, or destroy your reputation.

Bdckoolaid was given a chance to prevent this post from being made but choose not to negtioate or talk to anyone in LoA until after Brad made a name/shame.

Just now, BDCKoolaid said:

Only a fool would wear their own armor to the pvp server.

Also what???

1 minute ago, Iberis said:

If you feel like a forum rule is broken please report said posts. Making public complaints is not the way to handle it. Name/shame is a way of warning to other players to prevent actions being repeated (in this case spying/theft). The player in question probably should have thought more about his reputation before going ahead and doing what he did. If he has made players angry and no longer trust him I'm sorry by he only has himself to blame.

Bdckoolaid was given a chance to prevent this post from being made but choose not to negtioate or talk to anyone in LoA until after Brad made a name/shame.

Also what???

Name and shame threads are used by spiteful people to harass and dont worry i also reported all the posts in question

3 minutes ago, GregTheBoatMan said:

Name and shame threads are used by spiteful people to harass and dont worry i also reported all the posts in question

Quit trying to derail the thread, you're also not a board mod so quit while your ahead buddy - the people have a right to know.

Just now, Niki said:

Quit trying to derail the thread, you're also not a board mod so quit while your ahead buddy - the people have a right to know.

if you believe my response to a post was derailing a thread feel free to report my post and people also have the right to not be harassed  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BDCKoolaid said:

Only a fool would wear their own armor to the pvp server. lol

Well..... Sheeeeeeit... thats rude

I'm not quite sure how that works... is the spiteful person that one who stole, lied and spied on the people who trusted him and took him in... or are the spiteful people the ones trying to warn people so that this doesn't happen to them? I honestly do not understand your logic but I also understand that you are attempting to defend your friend despite the fact that he admitted this happened in the Wurm Online Discord, has sent both myself and Joey apologies/confessions when he realised he might get into trouble not to mention half of LoA and most of WU saw the original logs of his antics. :rolleyes:

When Panda got robbed by someone pretending to be on their own team the whole community rallied together and it is good to see that despite being enemy kingdoms and fighting all of the time we still know where to draw the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iberis said:

I'm not quite sure how that works... is the spiteful person that one who stole, lied and spied on the people who trusted him and took him in... or are the spiteful people the ones trying to warn people so that this doesn't happen to them? I honestly do not understand your logic but I also understand that you are attempting to defend your friend despite the fact that he admitted this happened in the Wurm Online Discord, has sent both myself and Joey apologies/confessions when he realised he might get into trouble not to mention half of LoA and most of WU saw the original logs of his antics. :rolleyes:

When Panda got robbed by someone pretending to be on their own team the whole community rallied together and it is good to see that despite being enemy kingdoms and fighting all of the time we still know where to draw the line.

Are there actual screenshots are any sort of proof to support your claims?

Ofo5UWa.pngiDtnKpi.png

Everything that was given to me has since been returned. Please update the thread post accordingly :)

• Like 1

It's not my post, it's Brad's and he went to bed straight after posting. I cannot edit a post another player makes. Also thanks for posting that publically to backup what we said being true about taking things from the kingdom.

Only reason he returned them is because he got worried he was going to get into trouble and he decided to "pick and choose" what to return. Azraiel claimed to have seen him take gear from the wagon for example. I'm sure he had a couple more tools but I don't keep logs or tabs on things I give out to new kingdom members because the last thing I'm expecting is for them to be there to betray us.

Ok guys now updating the thread on the situation as per BDCkoolaid's request. He has mailed back some of the items he took including a few tools, one of which was chlodvechs. He did not however return everything and since LoA still feel like he joined our kingdom to make a profit (maybe it did not work out the way he planned) he is still up from where he started. Also doesn't change the fact that he was in the kingdom yet trying to give the enemy kingdom detailed information which has nothing to do with theft that is just simple dishonest behaviour.

c0aa57b31d.png

For complete transparency, will you please tell me every remaining item that needs to be returned.

• Like 2

Well, if you ever do figure out if I've yet to return something, let me know. I had no intention of stealing anything and I will happily return any property of Legion of Anubis's should you find I've forgotten anything. :) Happy Wurming to everyone at LoA.

• Like 1

you fked up

stand up to it and stop this ######, dont make it worse

Like I said, @Quicktor, if Legion of Anubis happens to think of any of their property that I have yet to return, all they have to do is message me and I'll get it back to them asap. I can't think of anything more I can do.

• Like 2

while im a bit confused about the value of a few smithing tools and a ring I'm just gonna leave this here

• Like 3