Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Name and Shame: Consolidated

Not many names actually have been posted since June of 2016.  I figured it would nice to have a one spot stop for checking to see if some one has a word put out about said character.  I will try to keep this updated as I make my way back to the forums from game Hiatus periods.  The purpose of this thread is to bring the individual threads in the Market place into an easy to find location.  If you find some on the list, you can scroll down to the topic and click on the link to the thread in the forums so you can come to your own conclusion on the matter.  I will try to give a brief description as to what happened for the thread to be created as I read the whole thread before linking here.  If you are looking as to how to add some one to the list, merely place a new thread up in the town square and when I get around to the forums and see it I will add it.  I need to have a thread to link to in order for me to add to this list.

Demontamer
Dragonsummoner

Iaqb

Maurizio

MaurizioAM

Niru (Permabanned)

NooHope
Princesspie

Reincarnation

Ruger

Willieman
Zigsa

I do not mind debate in this thread but please avoid the he said she said and bickering.   Thing included would be, yes you did, no you didn't, yes you did, no you didn't.  That is no longer a conversation and merely a temper tantrum.

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 10

Main: Reincarnation

Alt: Iaqb

Alt:  Maurizio

Alt: Unknown but there are more.

Forum Name: MaurizioAM

Warning Given From: Evarya

Date Posted: 26MAR17

Player shared log in information with MaurizioAM, then after some time decided to take a break from the game and let this person use their account while being absent from the game.  At the time the player left they were insistent they were never going to come back to the game.  After having the account for some time and continuing to pay for its premium and being told that the original player wasn't coming back, MaurizioAM, decided to sell the extra account that he now assumed ownership of.  No rules were broken, once the account login and password is given to some one else, the GM team will not intervene.

Main: Unknown

Alt: Princesspie

Alt: NooHope

Warning Given From: Koroth

Date Posted: 07JAN17

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/149064-thief-alert/

Introduced as returning player, first character name is unknown.  Was brought into village to help returning player get going again.  Said player stole every thing from Koroth that wasn't nailed down that was of value, moon metals, dragon scale, rares, ect.

Main: Demontamer

Alt: Dragonsummoner

Warning Given from: Omgderp

Date Posted: 27DEC2016

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/148718-community-warning/

Alt gained access as returning player who didn't know their mains log in credentials.  Got access to main and stole a weapon worth about 50s from Omgderp and then lied about it when confronted with proof from GM.

Main: Unknown

Alt: Zigsa

Warning Given from: Niki

Date Posted: 05NOV2016

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/146585-name-and-shame-zigsa/

Zigsa ordered items from Niki that could only be delivered by boat to the middle of Xanadu.  No deed at location, player never returned to receive delivery of items.

Main: Willieman

Alt: Unknown

Forum Name: Willieman

Warning Given from: Davih

Date Posted: 20SEP2016

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145369-name-and-shame-willieman-stole-goblin-leader-for-jk-necroedarkslayer-mocked-us-for-it/

Davih and his Girlfriend had found a goblin leader unique spawn.  They called a friend in to help pen the thing so they could turn it into a public raid.  This friend of theirs brought a friend with him, this friend being Willieman.  With both Davih and Luttuosa being new to the game only six months, they had never dealt with unique penning.  So while the two were trying to get a deed stake made to deed thiere penned creature Luttuosa Asked if any one had a deed stake.  Willieman put a deed down named "I got one" Then told both of them that JK was going to take over the hunt but they would be able to claim one item for finding it.  JK showed up, ran the show then told the two who found it they would have to come chaos if they want their reward.  After Davih placed a name and shame thread up for having the unique stolen from under them, JK leadership then said they were not going to get any thing.  Willieman never defended himself in the thread iether, instead having JK high jack the thread by saying that because they were being greedy it was their right to steal the unique from noobs.

Main: Ruger

Alts: Unknown

Forum Names: Ruger, Tintin, Trenith

Warning Given from: Propheteer

Date Posted: 14AUG2016

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/144298-name-and-shame-ruger/&page=1

Stealing of accounts, stealing any thing those stolen accounts have access to.  Getting access to villages and exploiting weakness to take any thing they can get into their inventory.

Main: Niru (Permabanned)

Alts: None

Warning Given from: Ondar

Date Posted: 16MAY2016

GM Judgment :

Player befriended some players who then used them as references.  In a two month period purchased nearly 5k worth of Silver in items and services form the community at large.  Many "MANY" players were burned with large amounts as at the end of the two months, Niru stopped playing the game and wanted his money back.  Claiming fraud first with PayPal who found the claim to be fraudulent and a scam.  Then Niru went to his credit card company and claimed that the credit card was stolen.  For those who didn't have a solid paper trail, had the money forcefully recovered through PayPal who then also hit the sellers with an additional 30 euro fine per transaction.  So, as an example some one sold him 20 silver.  So not only did the money get recovered, they also had to pay an additional 30 back as well for charge back fees.  Because of this, new players using PayPal who do not have some kind of history with the game are more likely to not have a transaction conducted.  Please refer to this link created after the scam went down.

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 7

for drama we need Ostentatio. He must be on that list too!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KrojinKin said:

Isn't this just dama?

Not really, no. The only way to really get new players/new villagers to stay in the game is to take care of them, which you can't do properly unless you give them some basic rights within your village so that they can actually do stuff and not just walk around like prisoners. You can't teach someone how to play the game unless you give them access to things they'll need, and it won't be much fun for them either if they can't touch anything in the safezone where they are supposedly "home" - But as soon as you open up the deed to someone new you are also exposing yourself.

People who intend to misbehave often pose as new players or "old players trying to get back in the game" in order to snake their way into a village, and they often have knowledge about some abusable feature that hasn't become publicly known yet. This means that no matter how little or much access you give them on your deed they most likely have a plan on how to give themselves access to things they aren't supposed to reach. Some thefts are impulsive because they realized they were given access to a room that contained valuables and they got caught up in an adrenaline rush, but many are planned out in advance with a plan on how to gain access to the valuables.

Back when forum moderators misinterpreted the policy on "naming and shaming" and removed threads like these as soon as they popped up one group of thieves managed to abuse various game mechanics to steal from maybe 10 villages (probably more) because warnings weren't put up. Even if the thieves have already ditched their accounts and started new ones before these threads have gone live with the information it still teaches people to be on their toes and to not trust the permissions to save them from everything, because there's always a way around those. Plus: If you see a thread pop up that concerns account thefts because a player had shared his pass or chosen a bad one etc it makes others re-think their own security and might make them upgrade it before anything happens to them - Which is the goal of the shaming system.

• Like 15

Atleast now there will be a place to check whom is naughty and who is nice, and Ill be sure to check this list twice. Whomever is naughty shall be put into a vice, and the others are welcomed to paradise.

• Like 6

Seems like a good idea. I still say a Crime and Punishment subforum would be better. It would keep the other forums clean from these and give a place to look for those interested.

• Like 9

+1 

Seems like a good idea. I still say a Crime and Punishment subforum would be better. It would keep the other forums clean from these and give a place to look for those interested.

Edited by KrojinKin

44 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Can a moderator make this happen? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Niki said:

Can a moderator make this happen? 

Should make a post in the suggestions thread with the full details so it can be considered by more senior staff.

Probably a bit of a controversial topic in regards to if it will happen but its the place to suggest it at least.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shakys said:

Probably a bit of a controversial topic

Really don't see the controversy.  Even Rolf said there is no shame and blame rule and that it is upto the Individual to protect their name and reputation, not the GM's and certainly not the Staff.

If Joeblow stole some of my stuff and I had no recourse I'd make Dam sure he didn't steal from my neighbors or anyone else.  

So what exactly is the controversy?  That staff feels they need to protect someones reputation even after it's been stated that is not their job?

• Like 4

Staff makes itself look bad by trying to be moderate about that kind of stuff.... (leaving the occasional cases of favoritism aside, plenty of threads claiming and denying those).

Which I think is, while a noble thought, ultimately silly.

On games with persistent world like Wurm, where actions last, and destructive actions that take 10 minutes can destroy hours of someone's tedium/gametime.... I think it would be awesome for the community to have a reputation:

"If you're cool, they make the game fun for you.  If you're there to harass, grief, and/or rob people, they're an evil evil lynch mob".

• Like 4

we have far more.. heartless exploiters playing this game than make the list.. such is the world we live in. very many are just passing through.
This list is for the most blatently dishonest people we've ever known.
I'm surprised Niru isn't on there but that's probably best left unmentioned. quite right.

+1 good work Theo

Edited by Steveleeb
syntax

I think it would be a good idea to only include warnings from players that have incontrovertible proof of the exact issue they are reporting, meaning chat logs where the person admits to it to taunt the complainer, or proof provided by a GM in game, something that would be very difficult to fake. Anyone could say "player A never delivered items player B sent them payment for", and ruin someones rep over a minor disagreement, or ruin someones business just to get more business for themselves. Honestly I would rather see a "this person did something amazing for me" thread, but that's just my two cents.

If I'm completely honest here, I don't see the need for a separate subforum for threads like this, seeing as we have this thread here.

• Like 3

The reason that I can understand for the subforum is that this thread is from one person.  The reason I don't see a need for a subforum is that we do not have that many of these cases.

Unfortunately those who have more concern and like to interact with other people are the most likely to be abused by them; however, when dealing with new unknown players precautions should be taken to make sure that they do not have access to any areas or abilities on deed that might create problems or cause loss of items. With the new deed settings almost all losses can be prevented, if not all. Just don't give new players the keys to the kingdom and all will be well in terms of loss. If they then transgress, off with their heads and as MrW would say, they are dead to you.

Maybe a new sub-forum for this would be a good idea, then all interested could post or seek out these griefers there. It might not give such a good impression of the game to the casual newer viewer though.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I understand why staff wouldn't want a subforum like that. Some reasons have been mentioned above, such as giving a bad impression of the game, or causing troubles between two who disagree. But we must consider these type of threads will happen often with the same results.

The purpose of a subforum is the same as that of the WTB / WTS ones: You keep an area handy for finding that specific flavor of threads. But it also allows for people to post their own threads and explain the incident. The flip side of it is they have the potential of turning into hissy-fits where two players start bickering about something no one cares about. I have seen it happen many times elsewhere.

The choice is of course, ultimately the staff's, but we should go through with the suggestion and request the feature. Maybe if enough people push for it, they will consider it. Just understand what it really is and the valid reasons why staff wouldn't want their workload increased.

Is this not a bypass of threads that have been locked by the moderators?

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Given that the lead moderator has commented and chosen to leave it open, I'm going to venture a guess the answer to your question is no.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

14 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Given that the lead moderator has commented and chosen to leave it open, I'm going to venture a guess the answer to your question is no.

Those threads that have been locked were generally locked when they got out of hand, or had run their course. This thread is simply linking to those threads, so I see no reason for this to be locked.

• Like 4

This is the log of when the account "Argustin" scammed me (PM__Argustin.2016-04.txt):

Logging started 2016-04-30
[18:30:40] <Argustin> I would love to buy the 35s :D
[18:30:49] <Argustin> Oh, actually, it will be for my main, Niru :))
[18:31:12] <Neville> send me a CoD item for 35s (acorn or whatever)
[18:31:30] <Neville> but before I send the 35s I will make sure the paypal transaction goes through obviously
[18:31:38] <Argustin> Obviously! :) Where should I send payment? :)
[18:31:44] <Argustin> 35e, right?
[18:31:52] <Neville> yes
[18:32:42] <Neville> xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
[18:33:12] <Neville> paypal send to there i will see it and send you your silvers ;p
[18:33:22] <Neville> i'm at a mailbox right now
[18:34:27] <Argustin> Hehe, I am sending payment now :)
[18:36:19] <Argustin> 35e sent :D sending a CoD item from Niru too
[18:37:15] <Argustin> It'll arrive in about five minutes :)
[18:37:23] <Neville> ok
[18:38:03] <Neville> money received
[18:38:10] <Neville> just waiting for the item to send silver now
[18:40:18] <Argustin> Great! It should be there super soon :)
[18:47:03] <Neville> [18:46:08] The items are now available and you have been charged 35 silver and 1 copper.
[18:48:09] <Argustin> Thank you so much :))
[18:48:11] <Argustin> I really appreciate it!
[18:49:09] <Neville> no problemo

He then disputed this transaction and paypal did a chargeback when they lost against Niru's (aka Argustin) credit card company. It cost me just over $70 CAD.

1. There is a forum post from September 23, 2014 where Wulfgarr buys back his Argustin account. He previously sold it and wanted to buy it back.

2. There is a forum post from April 17, 2015 (just shy of 15 days before I got scammed by the Argustin account) written by evilissle that says "The moment I will remember most about KM is when Argustin tried to 1v1 Issle and run like a chicken when he saw his mighty wolfgar account was getting rekt by a 35 body libila priest" and Argustin replies to that post with "K".

3. There is a forum post from May 6, 2015 (just after I got scammed by the Argustin account) written by Wulfgarr that says "changed forum accs as i have no other affiliation with Argustin. Cod to Meelis still when you see this, thanks!" and so I find this suspicious.

4. This seems to indicate at least to me that Argustin could have in fact been owned by Wulfgarr at the same time that I was scammed by the Argustin account. Remember what's in the log "[18:36:19] <Argustin> 35e sent :D sending a CoD item from Niru too". This proves that Niru had control of Argustin at the time.

Could Argustin, Niru and Wulfgarr all be the same person based on all of this? I don't know for sure. Only the GMs would be able to tell I would think.

Fast forward to the present and you will see that the Argustin account is now being PC'd on a forum post in Want to Sell right now by Wulfgarr (this is a legit sale as the accounts are no longer associated with Niru):

EDIT -- GM responded to my support ticket with a link to this post and evidence shows that Niru had purchased Argustin from Wulfgarr just before the scam occurred. The Argustin account was released back to Wulfgarr and he lost out like many others. Therefore, everyone should know that the Argustin account is in no way, shape or form linked to Niru anymore. Finally, there are auctions going on and whatever silvers raised from the auctions will be divided up properly among those affected who submitted their claims (i.e., the ones approved by the GMs). So there is light at the end of this long tunnel...

Edited by Neville
GM response to my ticket.
  • Like 2

What's your  point?  Maybe Wulfgar bought it from someone, who bought it from someone else, who bought it from Argustin?

There's accounts out there that have had more owners than I can count on two hands.

33 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

What's your  point?  Maybe Wulfgar bought it from someone, who bought it from someone else, who bought it from Argustin?

There's accounts out there that have had more owners than I can count on two hands.

EDIT -- See my edit to the original post. I got a response back from a GM to clarify what happened.

Edited by Neville
  • Like 1