Sign in to follow this  
Benie

How exactly can you be a GM and spawn things?

A few years ago, I bought WU through Steam in hopes to finally move away from WO and re-create my deed somehow. Yet when I got it in the hopes of creating my own private world and trying to make myself GM, there was very little to no documentation. What was there, was very outdated; such as one telling me I needed some kind of special password to become a GM (while another said something completely different).

I refunded my money just before the two hour limit, and posted about it on the Steam forum of what I liked and didn't. Yet despite what I said, I had people saying "if only they just read before they got into this".

I'm thinking of coming back and trying again, but before I do, I'm hoping there's now more info on how to be a GM, what I need to do, how do I spawn stuff in my own world, etc. And I'm hoping for updated step-by-step instructions on just what to do.

If anyone would gladly provide me with what I seek (and again, it must be updated to the current version of the game), I will be eternally grateful.

Other things I would like to know;

-Can you create a custom world (aka type in a seed, and maybe an island size)? When I looked two years ago, there were only two islands I could choose.

-Can GMs spawn in any animal, even Uniques?

Edited by Benie

1. Start your server.

2. Make a character on the server.

3. On the server launcher - select the Player tab. Select your character and make him a GM (Power 5 is the highest).

4. Restart the server.

5. Log in with your character.

There should now be an ebony wand in your inventory. Activate this and rightclick the ground - There are options for summoning creatures, create items, teleport...etc.

I also suggest you press F1 to bring down console in game and type: bind f "flight"

When you press f you will be able to fly.

Edited by Jukken

3 hours ago, Benie said:

A few years ago, I bought WU through Steam in hopes to finally move away from WO and re-create my deed somehow.

a few years ago... ROFL

i guess u really do lose the feeling for time in wurm

• Like 1