Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

[RESOLVED] Trolls Pass Locked Doors/Gates

Recently I've observed that trolls have followed me into locked areas. Once into my meadow - iron gate locked ([15:59:44] You see a gate with a lock. The lock is of pretty good quality.) and once into my house - timber framed double door locked ([15:59:53] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of below average quality.).

When discussing this issue, Sandyar has urged me to make a post on the forums about this incident.

It appears that it was a lag situation, I wasn't actually in the locked area.

Edited by Yldrania

as far as i am aware this a lovely feature and not a bug. This was introduced some years ago that humanoids can follow you through a locked door/gate within a certain time window. I think it is around 10 seconds or so, not quite sure.

3 hours ago, Yldrania said:

Recently I've observed that trolls have followed me into locked areas. Once into my meadow - iron gate locked ([15:59:44] You see a gate with a lock. The lock is of pretty good quality.) and once into my house - timber framed double door locked ([15:59:53] You see a door with a lock. The lock is of below average quality.).

When discussing this issue, Sandyar has urged me to make a post on the forums about this incident.

Are there bridges leading to the gate or doors?

1 hour ago, hoof2000 said:

as far as i am aware this a lovely feature and not a bug. This was introduced some years ago that humanoids can follow you through a locked door/gate within a certain time window. I think it is around 10 seconds or so, not quite sure.

I think that's only for off deed locked gates.  I know it is for Chaos so assuming same for other servers.

If anything make sure all your gates and doors are locked or they can go through them anyways.

Edited by nicedreams

Is that an arched door?  Thought I remembered that mobs could go in those and attack unless it was changed.

There are no bridges. It's ground floor house doors and an iron gate leading into a meadow. They are both locked and there is nothing around them. The meadow is 100% built and locked and the house is 100% built and all doors are locked. No bridges involved - not even slopes. It's 100% flat.

Edited by Yldrania

trollbug_by_bmastock-daunpew.pngHeres a screenshot from the deed planner of my setup.

It appears that it was a lag situation, I wasn't actually in the locked area.

Thank you for testing it out with me.

• Like 1