Sign in to follow this  
Gildi

Loosing faith due to keybind usage

Hello

I encountered a bug while surface mining which caused me to loose faith and depriest in the end.

I was having a pickaxe activated while standing on rock tiles and by accident I pressed the keybind for digging several times, which I have mapped right next to the mining key bind.

After a few attempts of doing so I received a message "[18:21:41] Smeagain no longer accepts you as a priest!" which means that the game was counting those attemts as normal digging even without the technical possibility to do so.

Yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that pressing the wrong keybind shouldn't cause faith loss if someone doesn't even have a shovel in their inventory

Please supply the following info:

Were you on a deed of off deed?

Was this pvp or pve?

If on a deed, did you have digging permissions?

Did you have a pickaxe activated or could you have possible activated a shovel at the time as well?

Were there any event messages during each attempt?

A few attempts? You should only loose 0.100 faith for each dig action, unless you were a brand new priest.

Unfortunately, I priested up like one day before that, so yeah, yay me.

Update: It came out that I had faithful off but the thing is that apparently it seems that the faith check for priests comes before the check if you can actually perform that action in the code and that can cause the faith loss even when one is using a pickaxe and accidentally tries to use a dig keybind

Edited by Gildi
added info