Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

Pulling the plug

Guys n dolls, its been a fun ride with WU, but after the abuse we copped from TGOD because we choose to play the steam version of wurm, calling someone a cheap bastard and demanding we pay for updates, no one buys a new car then they dont get support for said new car if it needs fixing, so why should we pay for updates, when we have already paid for the game. 

This was one of main reasons for leaving WU. SO ive decided its time to go join 'reality' lol, i know scary hey lol. 

One of the main reasons for departing also, is that when something new comes out for WO, we either dont receive it for months or sometimes not all. This gripes me. The outdated graphics isnt the problem here, its the lack of support and the lack of updates, 

they told us some months ago that we would be getting the modding api, that never happened, neither did the dlient render make an appearance, the cooking update is a fantasy, they keep making excuses for not releasing. The lack of npc is also a problem, i understand that they are a small development team, but im sure they could get a few volunteers to help out,

so for me thats it, im out.

have a great 2017 everyone.

1 hour ago, ozmods said:

Guys n dolls, its been a fun ride with WU, but after the abuse we copped from TGOD because we choose to play the steam version of wurm, calling someone a cheap bastard and demanding we pay for updates, no one buys a new car then they dont get support for said new car if it needs fixing, so why should we pay for updates, when we have already paid for the game. 

This was one of main reasons for leaving WU. SO ive decided its time to go join 'reality' lol, i know scary hey lol. 

One of the main reasons for departing also, is that when something new comes out for WO, we either dont receive it for months or sometimes not all. This gripes me. The outdated graphics isnt the problem here, its the lack of support and the lack of updates, 

they told us some months ago that we would be getting the modding api, that never happened, neither did the dlient render make an appearance, the cooking update is a fantasy, they keep making excuses for not releasing. The lack of npc is also a problem, i understand that they are a small development team, but im sure they could get a few volunteers to help out,

so for me thats it, im out.

have a great 2017 everyone.

Thats not an equivalent analogy.  Adding the cooking update to WU would be more like adding a supercharger to said car (aftermarket $$$).  As far as I know the product you purchased is still in tip top running order, exactly the same as when you purchased (no need for that warranty work). 

What abuse lol?  Saying you should pay for updates?  (see any console game that exists, you pay for dlc in every one)

If you like the game and your departing due to the lack of content play WO, plenty here!

Doesnt matter what they told you, you received the product they were selling.  

Enjoy RL, one day you will find the sweet balance between RL and gaming, until then o/

@ozmodsWurm will be waiting!

Edited by tgod

Who told you that you had to pay for updates? This would be the first place I've seen it mentioned. No official dev has said anything about DLC or paid for updates.

Wurm Unlimited was released with the ability to mod in stuff you would like to have in Wurm that is not allowed on Wurm Online. If you can't program don't blame it on a mod api, this is a copout excuse. I can mod WU all over the place with out a API you just need to know how to program and the ability to know what you are doing. I don't know any development team that has given out a game with full ability to charge for your server and sell in game items for cash and skies the limit.

Maybe wurm just isn't for you but don't blame the dev team, Yes they are slow I'll give you that but the rest is not true.

EDIT: If you want a server to play on I host a free server for all with some of my personal mods. Just look for Foreverlands Reborn on the server list. I was a WO fan for over 5 years up until WU launched. Now I host my own server and it's named Foreverlands because it will be going for years, I have no intention to close it even tho I don't play on it a lot cause I'm busy working on my own game under Unity. I play from time to time and if anyone ever has a issue they can contact me threw my email which I check every couple hours every single day. If you had a bad experience try few more server's out before you give up on WU or try WO's main servers. Wurm is one of the best sandboxes out there. I've not seen a mmo to this date with as much sand as Wurm.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 3