Sign in to follow this  
Kendall17

Personal Goals Change

As im sure many of us have experienced on freedom, getting stuck with "become a demigod" or planeswalker etc, as the last personal goal is a complete pain in the ass and something that is nearly impossible to do. We play here for a reason, why should we get a personal goal that is something only someone on epic is able to accomplish?

My proposal is to either remove the possibility of getting this personal goal for those on freedom/chaos and provide a different goal for those who already have it upon request, or if devs do not find that reasonable for some reason then simply allow the reset of the personal goals to provide a new set of goals for someone stuck in this situation.

any other solutions are welcome

Edited by Kendall17
  • Like 4

As suggested before would be nice for any Wurm player to somehow be able to complete their personal goals regardless of what server they choose to play on.

• Like 3

+1 I have the planeswalker personal goal as well, and have no interest in playing on epic.  I've heard that your personal goals on epic and freedom are different anyway, so that would make it entirely impossible for me to reach mine.

• Like 1

I also have the demi god one and have no interest in taking that char to epic so please look at changing this thanks

I'd really like to see Freedomers not starting on Chaos, not have PVP goals as well. I may have been able to 'slay a Demon', thanks to Enki and the Impalong, but I'm never going to 'conquer a pillar' or slay an incarnation of Lib. (I don't know what a Magician is, either!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lisabet said:

I've heard that your personal goals on epic and freedom are different anyway, so that would make it entirely impossible for me to reach mine.

Nope, goals are the same on epic as well as on freedom, tested it on 3 different characters, unfortunately, which mean all goals are more or less doable in order to "Win the game " :) 

Edited by bangzuvelis

+1

These are *personal* goals.  Why not let players pick AT LEAST 3 categories (in order of importance) from a few general options (crafting, magic (PvP and PvE option) and combat (PvP and PvE option), exploration) and have the goals generate from there?  Folks have the option to use the existing goal system by selecting all boxes, other folks have the option for goals a little closer to their play style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangzuvelis said:

-1, because some one has already "Won the Game"! That means goals are doable! 

Most likely they were not given a basically impossible personal goal.  And even if they happen to be a player that does both epic and freedom clusters and managed it that way, players should not be forced to go to epic (or freedom cluster) in order to complete a personal goal.  

• Like 2

+1,

I've never played on Epic, never will, my character existed before epic ever did, yet one of my goals is to become a demigod. For me the personal goals might as well not exist because that one is never going to happen.

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

+1

These are *personal* goals.  Why not let players pick AT LEAST 3 categories (in order of importance) from a few general options (crafting, magic (PvP and PvE option) and combat (PvP and PvE option), exploration) and have the goals generate from there?  Folks have the option to use the existing goal system by selecting all boxes, other folks have the option for goals a little closer to their play style.

That would be great, everybody can then choose categories fitting their playstyle. Or perhaps better yet, why not give every player X amount of goals from every categorie. Completing all the goals from at least 3 of the categories could then be sufficient. Completing any extra goals after that could just give karma.

13 hours ago, Lisabet said:

+1 I have the planeswalker personal goal as well, and have no interest in playing on epic.  I've heard that your personal goals on epic and freedom are different anyway, so that would make it entirely impossible for me to reach mine.

Isnt it much easier to become a planeswalker on freedom since tomes drop from uniques (LOL, still unbelievable that this was ever implemented)?

I guess I really do need new glasses because I first read the thread title as "Personal Goats Change"  which really sounded more interesting than personal goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

Isnt it much easier to become a planeswalker on freedom since tomes drop from uniques (LOL, still unbelievable that this was ever implemented)?

Can't get a key and ascend on freedom cluster, and I don't think sorcery abilities transfer to epic.  Thus I'd have to play on epic long enough to win a key and 9 sorcery abilities?

33 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

Can't get a key and ascend on freedom cluster, and I don't think sorcery abilities transfer to epic.  Thus I'd have to play on epic long enough to win a key and 9 sorcery abilities?

True that lol

Edited by LorenaMontana
I fail

23 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

Yanno, I'm definitely reading this now as complete sarcasm.

For those that don't live on the suggestion thread section, not all will see it that way.

Why not be able to change a personal goal like once a month to something from a list of 10 random others?

Also why can't we continue onto the next one up when we complete a lesser?  So if we do the silver repair goal why isn't it upgraded to the gold one?

+1 would love some sort of ingame option to gamble these off for others at least

Some kind of ability to change your personal goals with a time constraint on doing so would be the simplest "oh i have 4 i can't possibly do, well i can change one of them to another random goal once every x amount of time". It's not a perfect solution but it takes an impossibility for some and turns it into a possibility.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2016 at 8:19 PM, bangzuvelis said:

No, it does not, and if you use your brain with the knowledge that the goals are randomly assembled you would know this.

The people who have "won the game" had goals that were achievable, if you have "become a demigod" and you are on freedom, you will -NEVER- complete your goals because it is impossible to do so, and thats just one example.

Another would be "Become a Magician" or "Wizard" or whatever, even though you are already an Archmage. You cant remove tomes from yourself to change the title, thus, cannot be completed. Mechanically impossible, just like the above.

Not really a factual or a logical argument.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Imo they should just get rid of all tome related goals. Replace with what you want make 10,000 knars idc just get rid of em.

• Like 2