Sign in to follow this  
armyskin

Climb a High Mountain

I am currently partway up Dragonfang hoping to get my "Climb a high mountain" goal and I decided that I have gone up too far to be going about this the right way. I must have missed something. So I did a little research and found this. 

My question is what do we know about the requirements to fulfill this goal now that 3 years have gone by and more people have had a chance to do it? 

Reach the top, if you don't get it.. Climb another mountain. 

If you still don't get it... I dunno.

Little bit of an update, I am currently on the highest point of Gurubear's Crater and no luck so far. There was mention of getting the achievement at Magranon's Scar and I am well above that. This also goes against the claim that the highest point of a mountain triggers it also. Starting to wonder what else is going on with this goal.

Bugged for me too. Have climbed lots of very high mountains and have never gotten the achievement. 

Went Up A Hill and Mountain Goat are some of the first achievements I got, because I lived on a mountain on Independence when achievements were added. I still don't have Thin Air (which is the achievement you want) or On the Way to the Moon but I can tell you the requirements:

Spoiler

Went Up A Hill is 3000 height, Mountain Goat is 7000 height, Thin Air is 14000 height, and On the Way to the Moon is 21800 height.

I'm fairly certain you would get On The Way to the Moon at the top of Dragonfang, so I suggest you stock up on stamina sandwiches and get back to climbing that.

• Like 2

I have mountain goat already so "Thin Air" must be the goal "Climb a high mountain". Looks like I may be climbing in your old back yard soon Thorgot.

You won't get Thin Air on my old mountain (southwest mountain of Independence), I never did. You need a taller mountain.

• Like 1

Assuming mines work, just hit up one of Aske's roads to the North of Whitefay on Xanadu and go all the way to the top. He should have roads and tunnel connections all the way to the very top of one of the flat mountaintops.

Edit: I have the Thin Air achievement, so that must have worked. On the Way to the Moon might be more difficult... Maybe we need to make a spire on top of one of those flat mountain tops, lol. I've been on top of DF also, and haven't got the Moon achievement either, fwiw.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

Hopefully when a location is verified for that one it can be posted so anyone wanting to complete "On the way to the moon" knows where to go. I'm going to go pour over the maps tomorrow and math out those figures Thorgot shared and see where I need to go. And if after the mathing it still doesn't work I guess I may do a support ticket for it? 

can 100% confirm you need dragon fang to achieve "on the way to the moon". I honestly highly doubt any other mountain even comes close, DF is just silly huge.

Climbing Dragon Fang should work, it did for me. Was in 2013, maybe something has changed.

My question is: How do you climb Dragon Fang? Would an inventory full of stamina sandwiches even be sufficient?

Best I can figure is being able to cast a stamina-restoring spell and using that periodically on the way up, in order to slowly but surely make progress... and hoping nothing hostile is around.

• Like 1

You're forgetting Goat Shape, wouldn't hurt to be on path of power either :P

• Like 1

Measured Gurubear;s Crater. Going off of contour lines I get a height of 10250

Measuring Dragonfang to where I had to stop I get 9000

Thorgot's old deed sat at 3000 and only goes up 6000 more for a total of 9000

After looking at the mountains on Indy it appears that all mountains had some issue during server creation. At a height of around 8000 the tops of mountains are cut off and any additional height is added as a spike on top of these plateaus. Knowing now that any mountain on Indy that has a plateau needs to also have a spike of an additional 5000 leaves only one mountain on the server to fulfill the "Climb a high mountain" goal. 

In unrelated news I am taking donations in the form of sandwiches and may not be seen again.

I've deeded a flat top on Xanadu and the best I have for achievements up there is Mountain Goat.  I believe the flat tops are 11k?  I checked two different characters.  One that tunneled up and one that made the actual climb from the outside.  Both are the same at just "mountain goat".

DF looks more like 20-21k, by the topo lines.  Hard to count on y screen.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

Must have been on DF for me to get the Thin Air achievement. Not sure if we can do On the Way to the Moon.... unless someone makes a 900-1500 dirtspike on DF. :P

Edit: I think the top of DF is at 21,000, which is about 800 shy of the achievement.

Edited by Xallo

hm....can anyone confirm it is actually about the height? cause I always thought it's about climbing in general :o like i did alot of climbing on the scar and got lots of mountain goat achievements, but i noticed it reduced alot, when I didn't need to actually "climb" anymore, but could ride most of it. (kind of thinking like it could be distance climbed in a single session or so, instead of height)

necrobumping this in case anyone is still looking into getting this personal goal done:

[03:20:53] You enter Dragon's Fang. (the deed all the way up top the mountain)

[03:30:50] You have received 100 karma for 'Climb up a really really high mountain'.

once you hit the trees and grass up top you will get the achievement and the goal is fulfilled.

edit: i actually did climb up that last tile too and its the actual top with the token. so yeah, you have to get all the way to the actual top for it.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 4

Well now Arium's done it i'm gonna have to go do this pilgrimage too. Time to make sammiches.

I had my climbing goal replaced with kill an enemy guard. I still plan on going up there anyway. Since I made this post and I had better follow through with it. If any devs get around to reading these, please give my old climbing goal back and take away the silly guard one. I think I remember killing an enemy guard before.

15 hours ago, armyskin said:

I had my climbing goal replaced with kill an enemy guard. I still plan on going up there anyway. Since I made this post and I had better follow through with it. If any devs get around to reading these, please give my old climbing goal back and take away the silly guard one. I think I remember killing an enemy guard before.

They already announced that they won't fix the messup with everyones personal goals. Though to be honest personal goals have been broken since the day they were made so it's business as usual really.

why cant gedds be higher

:(

Edited by Propheteer

What's the point of personal goals anyway?  Some are impossible to achieve.  Do you get anything for reaching the end of this rainbow?