Sign in to follow this  
OSP

War Hammers

33 minutes ago, Worksock said:

pls correct me if i'm wrong but the dmg bonus only applies to players on mounted horses, not the horses themselves

also the weapon has to be both a polearm and be pierce for the bonus to apply

if (weapon.isWeaponPolearm() && ((vehicle != null && vehicle.isCreature()) || (opponent.isRidden() && weapon.isWeaponPierce()))) {
            CombatHandler.damage *= 1.7000000476837158;
        }

My mistake, missed a pair of parenthesis when reading it and thought the OR separated two halves.  So yea:

the weapon has to be a polearm, AND ( (your opponent is mounted on something that is a creature) OR (your opponent is being ridden AND your weapon is piercing) )

IOW all polearms get bonus vs the rider, and only the pierce ones (spears) get bonus vs the horse being ridden

Edited by gurn

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:51 AM, zigozag said:

Well... balancing them with others, perhaps?

Don't see how? Scale them with swords/mauls of the same size. Random roll to determine which type damage....

Dead skill needs life!

th?id=OIP.MgITCk7i84TgASh0tu2KqQEsEs&w=2

i think this would be very if we got a new set of weapons in the game with a cool texture

As far as balancing... I'm sure the game checks armor against weapon type being wielded. Perhaps skew the random roll according to which end of the hammer to strike with by a marginal amount according to war hammer weapon skill.     Anything would be better than nothing as 99.9% of us have at that skill at now.    Just do it.

th?id=OIP.beq_HjnBbDkxDy3wtRkUJAEsCh&w=2

Edited by OSP

This is like beating a dead animal trying to get it up and moving...  A dead skill sitting there for 99.5% of the current players. All we are asking for is a new weapon.  House skins and storage stuff is good, but man... Is this too difficult to add?  If I could get a response from dev staff that would be nice.   Yes...No.. Maybe.             

th?id=OIP.fvgzpV1t0tr24-TCUQLDUgDjEs&w=1

+1 (<<<guess who has the most useless affinity ever<<<)

Edited by OSP

with the armor balances, even more reason to add this in as another choice for maul/pierce combo

ive been ready

[16:48:06] You are currently using the title  [Thor].

bUkqtrT.png