Sign in to follow this  
OSP

War Hammers

This suggestion has probably been asked ad nauseam... But why not? A dead skill tree without the artifact. They existed in various sizes in history. Give a dead skill for most of us a life. Thanks for consideration.

(mauls are different skill so why not?)

not even a week without activity, wont even count as necrobumping yet :P

Edited by Arium
  • Like 1

did not read back on topic. disagree on artifacts.  You should have to defend your right to own one and be subject to attack.   Am still all for addition of war hammers.

• Like 2

too lazy to google/images war-hammers.. in my mind .. large maul is exactly a big-*** hammer.. -1;

post pictures for your idea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

too lazy to google/images war-hammers.. in my mind .. large maul is exactly a big-*** hammer.. -1;

post pictures for your idea

why did you even post then if you're too lazy to even figure out the difference

wurm mauls are pretty much sledgehammers, just big pieces of metal attached to a stick

yyDZsFM.png

this is what a warhammer looks like

cQDIGP5.jpg

can you notice the difference between them?

we have slash weapons, slash/pierce weapons and crush weapons

we do not have any crush/pierce weapons, which the warhammer skill could fill in on

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 6

Not going to let this die easily.    We need War Hammers!

Come on. 99.9 percent of players have this skill sitting at 1.0.  I'd like to hear from a game developer/coder why  this isn't feasible. Too much work to balance? Some type of random storage rack/container taking priority?   Am not being sarcastic...    It's a dead skill sitting there.

as a medieval weaponry fanatic, i can only bump that one forward. Mauls are cool to crush your opponents, but the warhammers skill could easilly fit a non artifact one as well! not to mention the classical morningstars and others pointy heavy head weapons on a more or less longuer staff.

On 29/12/2016 at 9:18 PM, Worksock said:

we do not have any crush/pierce weapons, which the warhammer skill could fill in on

And yes, that's exactly the job of those, defeat heavilly armored oponents (or cave their armor in so much you need a tin can opener to get the fighter out). Increasing damage to plate armors / metal shields could be the tied bonus to those new weapons giving them an extra perk over mauls that might deal a bit more damages.

Big yes to war hammers. Cannot see any reason why they are not in game right now.

i wouldnt care if it was a carbon copy of med maul cut and paste with a unique model and random pierce attack like swords do, that alone adds flavor, just dewit~

th?id=OIP.mV-z-Jvr45iMys6XGhW-8QEsEs&w=1th?id=OIP.d3MMIdoP_2MYv7tIUixNugEsDh&w=2th?id=OIP.rC-OIMcEGOaO60OAd0a4uQEiEs&w=1

Edited by OSP

+2 because I have that as a useless affinity.

On 25.02.2017 at 0:30 PM, Evilvision said:

Cannot see any reason why they are not in game right now.

Well... balancing them with others, perhaps?

i was wrong oh noes

Edited by gurn

5 hours ago, gurn said:

If it were crush/pierce then it would 50% of the time be good against plate wearers, and 50% of the time get +70% dmg versus ridden horses.  Would probably become the meta 

pls correct me if i'm wrong but the dmg bonus only applies to players on mounted horses, not the horses themselves

also the weapon has to be both a polearm and be pierce for the bonus to apply