Sign in to follow this  
Vomusu

Un-Taming Hell Horse

Hello, today I had a pretty unhappy accident, I charmed my hell horse with a charm rune, to be able to 'care for' it, and then I un-tamed it. I made sure that it is untamed by examining it and hovering over it a few times, also I had to get into the 'animals' tab under the Body menu, and this tab also said it is untamed. Another thing was that I got a confirmation on the event window saying:   [20:32:06] You no longer have this animal tamed! So I left my other hell horses with it as I usually do in my pen, and went afk for a while. But when I got back, the horse was dead. It got into a fight with another hell horse and died in it. Here are the logs:

Event log:

Spoiler

[20:30:19] You leave the "Vomusu".
[20:30:19] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[20:30:23] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[20:30:23] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:30:23] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[20:30:23] Her father is the aged fat Silverhop '4m'.
[20:30:33] You start to use the rune on young Napaflea.
[20:30:51] You overwhelm the young Napaflea with love and trust.
[20:30:55] You now care specially for young Napaflea, to ensure longevity. You may care for 0 more creatures.
[20:31:07] You start leading the young Napaflea.
[20:31:09] You stop leading the young Napaflea.
[20:31:12] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[20:31:12] It is being taken care of by Vomusu.
[20:31:12] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:31:12] The young Napaflea acts loyal.
[20:31:12] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[20:31:12] Her father is the aged fat Silverhop '4m'.
[20:31:52] You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent.
[20:32:06] You no longer have this animal tamed!
[20:32:09] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[20:32:09] It is being taken care of by Vomusu.
[20:32:09] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:32:09] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[20:32:09] Her father is the aged fat Silverhop '4m'.
[20:32:12] You ride on the "Vomusu" as the driver.
[20:32:12] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[20:32:19] You leave the "Vomusu".
[20:32:19] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[20:32:26] You start leading the old fat Warriordaisy.
[20:32:29] The old fat Warriordaisy and the aged fat Fancycopper get intimate.
[20:32:33] Horses like this one have many uses.
[20:32:33] It is being taken care of by Andrzej.
[20:32:33] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:32:33] This creature could use some grooming.
[20:32:33] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy.
[20:32:33] Her father is the venerable fat Cactuspie.
[20:33:05] The young Napaflea is dead. R.I.P.

Combat log:

Spoiler

[20:32:25] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the left hoof and harms it.
[20:32:25] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[20:32:28] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the chest and hurts it.
[20:32:33] The young Napaflea kicks the aged fat Echopot '4m' hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[20:32:34] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the right hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:40] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the right hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:40] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the left hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:40] The young Napaflea kicks the aged fat Echopot '4m' hard in the lower back and hurts it.
[20:32:44] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[20:32:44] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the calf of the left hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:44] The young Napaflea kicks the aged fat Echopot '4m' pretty hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[20:32:45] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the chest and harms it.
[20:32:45] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the left hoof and hurts it.
[20:32:45] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the left hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:45] The young Napaflea kicks the aged fat Echopot '4m' hard in the thigh of the left foreleg and hurts it.
[20:32:48] The young Napaflea bites the aged fat Echopot '4m' hard in the thigh of the left hindleg and harms it.
[20:32:49] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the calf of the left foreleg and harms it.
[20:32:49] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the calf of the right hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:49] The young Napaflea kicks the aged fat Echopot '4m' pretty hard in the left hoof and hurts it.
[20:32:54] The young Napaflea breathes fire!
[20:32:54] The young Napaflea burns you.
[20:32:55] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the right hindleg and hurts it.
[20:32:55] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the crotch and harms it.
[20:33:00] The aged fat Silverhop '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the thigh of the right hindleg and hurts it.
[20:33:05] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the calf of the right foreleg and harms it.

Here's where it all happened, I was standing right there where I am on the screen so I was able to get the AOE damage done to me. The horses were in that pen

zsdMIFv.png

Edited by Vomusu
  • Like 1

I just tried this and could not get it to happen.  As soon as I untamed the horse I put it with another and nothing happened.  I wonder if it has anything to do with lag?  What server were you on and was there any lag at the time?

I was on exodus, and no - I am not experiencing lag pretty much ever... But if you mean server lag - didnt had any problems either. As you can see in the logs I was active as the horse was being killed - I was just assured that it is safe, and I don't have sounds on so I couldnt hear it.

This is from the event log:

[20:30:33] You start to use the rune on young Napaflea.
[20:30:51] You overwhelm the young Napaflea with love and trust.

Examine after taming:

20:31:12] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[20:31:12] It is being taken care of by Vomusu.
[20:31:12] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:31:12] The young Napaflea acts loyal.
[20:31:12] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[20:31:12] Her father is the aged fat Silverhop '4m'.

Untaming:
[20:31:52] You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent.
[20:32:06] You no longer have this animal tamed!

Examine after untaming:
[20:32:09] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.
[20:32:09] It is being taken care of by Vomusu.
[20:32:09] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.
[20:32:09] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.
[20:32:09] Her father is the aged fat Silverhop '4m'.

And here's the time of the first attack

[20:32:25] The aged fat Echopot '4m' kicks the young Napaflea hard in the left hoof and harms it.

Edited by Vomusu

Were the horses in the same pen before you untamed? they can be fighting before you untamed but you wouldn't know until one actually hit in the combat tab unless you had sounds on to hear the other combat sounds.

here I leave my cart oudside - the Napaflea horse was the only one around at the moment

[20:30:19] You leave the "Vomusu".

[20:30:19] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.

approaching the pen and the horse:
[20:30:23] This fiery creature is rumoured to be the mounts of the demons of Sol.

<here the taming and un-taming occurs>

Repositioning my cart - with 2 hell horses attached - to a pen with (what I thought is) an untamed horse (napaflea)
[20:32:12] You ride on the "Vomusu" as the driver.

[20:32:12] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[20:32:19] You leave the "Vomusu".

and first attack:

Also sorry about the second corpse on the screen - it might be misleading. Only one horse was attacked and died - Napaflea got attacked by Echopot (wich was attached to my cart). Echopot is fine

Edited by Vomusu

21 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Were the horses in the same pen before you untamed? they can be fighting before you untamed but you wouldn't know until one actually hit in the combat tab unless you had sounds on to hear the other combat sounds.

Yeah, my only guess is that one hell horse was targeting the other already, prior to untaming the tamed one. I've heard through the grapevine that animals often hold targeting status on a target for a long time, even when it doesn't make a lot of sense.

You need to bring the HH 10-15 tiles away from any other aggressive creatures before untaming it. It may have targetted something in the pen and not cleared its target. Bringing it away from the pen will make the HH automatically untarget.

• Like 1