Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Animals crossing server borders

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

it's already possible for them to steal horses, which happens quite often

also im guessing you'll need at min knarrs for these crates which for raiders pretty much is suicide

test server they fit fine in rowboats, but no work has been done on these for a few months it seems

+1, animal transport boxes could have saved my champ brown bear back on jkh (before freedom server one) :rolleyes:

Edited by Kamie

On 13/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, JakeRivers said:

test server they fit fine in rowboats, but no work has been done on these for a few months it seems

:(

I had a thought, about a temporary measure to improve the animals crossing server borders situation while the devs work the long term solution of animal crates. Say you have an animal you want on another server. You start a support ticket and show the GM the animal, where it is and where on the new server you want it. Maybe both locations have to be on the shoreline to mimic what it would be like transporting them by boat. The GM responding spawns another animal exactly like the one you want transported, with the same colour, condition, traits, everything. Then they kill the animal left behind on the original server. Problem solved, animal has been transported. It's not perfect, but may be a nice in-between measure while we wait for animal crates. To ensure that the GMs aren't inundated with hundreds of transfer requests, maybe limit it to one transfer per premium player per month, or something like that.

• Like 2

The fact it's being worked on at all makes me happy.  Thanks wurm for continuing to show the community that you will listen.  Even if it's sometimes at a wurms pace.  Just the way we all like it don't lie. :)

Edited by Brew

On 11/19/2017 at 5:46 PM, Attenia said:

I had a thought, about a temporary measure to improve the animals crossing server borders situation while the devs work the long term solution of animal crates. Say you have an animal you want on another server. You start a support ticket and show the GM the animal, where it is and where on the new server you want it. Maybe both locations have to be on the shoreline to mimic what it would be like transporting them by boat. The GM responding spawns another animal exactly like the one you want transported, with the same colour, condition, traits, everything. Then they kill the animal left behind on the original server. Problem solved, animal has been transported. It's not perfect, but may be a nice in-between measure while we wait for animal crates. To ensure that the GMs aren't inundated with hundreds of transfer requests, maybe limit it to one transfer per premium player per month, or something like that.

My raid group (25 people) want to move our horses from JKH to BLH. Do we file 25 tickets for the move from JKH to Ele and then another 25 tickets from Ele to BLH? What about the trip back after successfully terrorizing our BL friends?

Just an example of how this type of idea can go poorly.

19 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

My raid group (25 people) want to move our horses from JKH to BLH. Do we file 25 tickets for the move from JKH to Ele and then another 25 tickets from Ele to BLH? What about the trip back after successfully terrorizing our BL friends?

Just an example of how this type of idea can go poorly.

I would suggest that you move spare horses to Ele, keeping your main ones on JKH, and keep the spares on Ele for the next time you go there :)

1 hour ago, Attenia said:

I would suggest that you move spare horses to Ele, keeping your main ones on JKH, and keep the spares on Ele for the next time you go there :)

Yes, because everyone keeps 40 horses per server. Just in case.

The point is you cant expect CC to manually address every single move themselves. Is not what the ticket system is for. The fact is we will have to wait until the release date. Expecting this workload be added to GMs over something that is not necessary is not realistic.

• Like 2

Perhaps it wouldn't be the most practical strategy for that many horses, but for people who just want to transport one or two animals, I still think it would work.

It doesn't seem like a bad idea. Would be a good replacement for leading your animals through water too (for the sake of a disconnect, etc.)

+1 for Rolf's Ark

Ok devs, it's 2018, let's get going on these animal crates! :D Can we get them in by March? I'd even be happy to be given a date by which we will be given the arrival date of the crates.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, ClericGunem said:

Will it look like an ark and be measured in cubics ;)

why cant we have a transport ship? I agree 100% we need to be able to cross server are animals, for breeding and selling

#Animal Crates  / # Animal Cages   

I am now sure tho, what animals crossing server will do the the animal spawn....  The first thing i noticed on Freedom was the non existing wild horses on any server.

Animals crossing server borders need to help the incredibly high number of player owned horses in some way, not make it worrse in any way.

That would be most important as far as i see.

I would like to see that caged Animals are removed from the server spawn rate or from Deed ratio, while the caged animal can't be bred or used in anyway, while it would need food like normal..

Also, do you want players transfer so easily from freedom servers to whereever there is a dragon or rift??

The full tiem Pro Players, move around freely, take more and more rift mats and scale, while the server inhabitants have it harder to get things from their OWN ! rifts and dragons!

-1 for the idea  if not thought through fully!

1 hour ago, Daryan_AT said:

I would like to see that caged Animals are removed from the server spawn rate or from Deed ratio, while the caged animal can't be bred or used in anyway, while it would need food like normal..

+1 for caged animals not counting toward deed ratio, this would be great!

19 hours ago, Daryan_AT said:

#Animal Crates  / # Animal Cages   

I am now sure tho, what animals crossing server will do the the animal spawn....  The first thing i noticed on Freedom was the non existing wild horses on any server.

:huh: Have you not played for 6 months? Animal spawns of all type went crazy when the highway changes went in. Certainly many many wild horses on Xanadu and I've seen them on Indie.

3 hours ago, Vannin said:

:huh: Have you not played for 6 months? Animal spawns of all type went crazy when the highway changes went in. Certainly many many wild horses on Xanadu and I've seen them on Indie.

Not a single one on deliverance. Xanadu is huge, sure, if you ride fo 4 hours, you might find one!

2 hours ago, Daryan_AT said:

Not a single one on deliverance. Xanadu is huge, sure, if you ride fo 4 hours, you might find one!

Two minute ride on Xanadu, desert with animals, lots of corpses (someone must have been through killing recently) found one live one and two dead ones. Six months ago I may have agreed with you.

Edited by Vannin