Sign in to follow this  
Omgderp

Community Warning

As many know I held a secret Santa this year which by the way was amazing. :)

However, about a week ago I adopted a nublet, he had lost his old account info, was on a new char. I offered him a home at my place with whatever help he needed in good faith.

I had a sword that had been donated by Reegsman, 81ql and my bf and myself enchanted this and a few others. This particular sword came out with a good ms, nim and a 100 coc on it. I put it in my 'SS' chest hoping to find the right person who needed just such a weapon, sadly I didn't.

I noticed yesterday it was gone and being the derp I sometimes am I wondered if it had been mailed by accident, in which crap happens and I'm ok with it.

But I also had this noob tell me he adored fighting, just so happened to get his fighting account back and quit my deed and the sword is gone...

I have confirmation by a GM I did NOT mail it out by accident and that this noob has it in his procession. He was given a chance to come clean, he outright lied. While yes he did have access to the chest and that was my fault, I don't pretend otherwise, he knew very well those items weren't to be touched and had been given a weapon that I could enchant in the near future for him.

[18:02:11] <Pagani> Is there any chance you borrowed a 2 handed sword from my house?
[18:02:12] <Demontamer> shoot
[18:02:26] <Demontamer> no u gave me a 2 handed sword
[18:02:35] <Pagani> can you examine it?
[18:02:44] <Demontamer> let me see if i can get on it
[18:03:56] <Demontamer> what am i looking for
[18:04:04] <Pagani> examine it
[18:04:09] <Pagani> is it enchanted?
[18:04:25] <Demontamer> no not that i could see
[18:04:27] <Pagani> k
[18:04:47] <Pagani> Also 2. Are you coming back to this village?
[18:04:56] <Demontamer> prob not

I'm not looking for sympathy or a replacement. I want the community to know he took it and he knew he had no right, access or not and LIED to cover it up.

Main char: Demontamer

Alt: Dragonsummoner

Last Known Location: Xanadu, new springs.

Edited by Omgderp
  • Like 17

my "like" is because of you sharing helpful info, not that I like what happened.  Sorry it happened to you :(

• Like 8

Sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye out for the player. Sad to see people like that - can turn friendly players into suspicious ones, sometimes even make people quit the game. Glad to see that that at least did not happen with you.

Sorry that happened to you, or that it has to happen every time not every square inch of a place is secured with electric fences and barbed wires. With any luck the sword becomes bugged stuck in a cave wall until a worthy bearer of it shows up to pull it out of there.

• Like 4

Pagani  repeat after me...When you see a noob say GET OFF MY LAWN !!  trust me it works been using it for years.

• Like 18

Sad that this is person was offered a home, food and all the help they needed, even offered to have their weapon enchanted and chose to instead take what was a damn nice sword that I had cast up for some lucky person to receive. 

Glad this person didn't take anything else as between Pagani and I we had well over a gold worth of enchanted rare tools sitting in a coffin alone.

• Like 2

The sword was returned but not without more lying and a great deal of playing stupid.

I am unable to post logs because in all honesty, I swore.... a great deal, with and without caps in the very best effort.

Don't trust this person.

I will be looking for a home for the sword...suggestions are welcomed.

• Like 4

Glad you got your stuff back, I hope you keep this thread as is, so anyone that comes into another dealing with this player can easily find and reference it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omgderp said:

The sword was returned but not without more lying and a great deal of playing stupid.

I am unable to post logs because in all honesty, I swore.... a great deal, with and without caps in the very best effort.

Don't trust this person.

I will be looking for a home for the sword...suggestions are welcomed.

You can send the sword to my home.  :)

11 hours ago, Omgderp said:

Last Known Location: Xanadu, new springs.

J67p8Gz.gif

9 hours ago, Omgderp said:

TsJAr8e.gif

• Like 5

1 word - locks :(, trust nobody... even your closest "friends" will sometimes ******** on your trust<_<

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Finnn said:

1 word - locks :(, trust nobody... even your closest "friends" will sometimes ******** on your trust<_<

And i mean closest friends.

• Like 2

Update

After recovery, we had a long talk...the sword and myself not the thief. We spent the day (cause swords are quite resilient people thankfully) working out some issues from the above mentioned swordnapping. By the next day and a good rest in a comfy coffin he felt a lot better. Yes he identifies as a male, don't judge.

Anyways, I had a forum pm from a good trusty name that gave me some information. The sword and I discussed it, we felt it was a good choice. The receiver is apparently good natured and loving. The sword offered to stay but after being cruelly taken from his warm chest and taken to bacon knows where and touched by icky thieving hands, I felt it best he get a start on a new wonderful life of troll ass kicking...or maybe some lions to start.... With a grateful gleam on his blade, he agreed.

We parted on the best of terms, he even forgave the thief (I'm kinda good with therapy tactics) however I can't say the same. The sword would like you to know he appreciated your interest and concern in his pain and story but wants you to know he is happy to go on with his new life.

Happy hunting Sword, we will miss you.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Omgderp said:

Update

After recovery, we had a long talk...the sword and myself not the thief. We spent the day (cause swords are quite resilient people thankfully) working out some issues from the above mentioned swordnapping. By the next day and a good rest in a comfy coffin he felt a lot better. Yes he identifies as a male, don't judge.

Anyways, I had a forum pm from a good trusty name that gave me some information. The sword and I discussed it, we felt it was a good choice. The receiver is apparently good natured and loving. The sword offered to stay but after being cruelly taken from his warm chest and taken to bacon knows where and touched by icky thieving hands, I felt it best he get a start on a new wonderful life of troll ass kicking...or maybe some lions to start.... With a grateful gleam on his blade, he agreed.

We parted on the best of terms, he even forgave the thief (I'm kinda good with therapy tactics) however I can't say the same. The sword would like you to know he appreciated your interest and concern in his pain and story but wants you to know he is happy to go on with his new life.

Happy hunting Sword, we will miss you.

Aww bummer.  I wanted to treat it to a King's palace. :(

Being a new player myself (Arakiel insists I am new even after a month) I find this ridiculous. I have received incredible help and an amazing reception by the people of Wurm. Seeing stories like these kinda make me wonder why. There is nothing quite like getting your ass handed to you by a wolf and having to run crying like a p...y to the nearest guard tower, then licking the red off your healthbar for the next few hours.

Day before yesterday I saw my first shark. Wondering if I could take it out, I sailed towards it and whacked it over the head. Being the newbie I am, I did not notice I was at the border of the map, and either that shark or the game mechanics kicked me off the boat. The shark beat me around like a redheaded stepchild as I tried to board my ship to sail away but kept getting knocked off. I managed to board the ship and set course to some random island  and immediately zoned, ending up with 3% health.

Thankfully Vernex was nearby. Within a minute I was back on the Celebration server and sailing back. He intercepted me and used cotton to bind my wounds.

Why do I tell this story, you ask? Because if I had been a thief, a brute, or a Shitler I would had died cold and alone from bleeding wounds. No free 100ql enchanted sword is worth loosing that. Experiences are the reason we play the game. Never sacrifice community for a few silver. Unlike silver, you can't get community back.

• Like 12

Pump the brake on that " No noobs on my lawn.". I just finished the tutorial last night, and went through the Portal to Xanadu and logged out, to have a clear mind for what comes next.

The decision to stick with this game will be made in the next few days.  I would think you would like some influx.

Have played a little Runescape, alot of LOTRO, alot of SHK,  ###### tons of Minecraft and Oblivion, some GQ1,a little EQ.  The text focus here does not bother me, I might even like it.  I have read a little about WO.  I do not mind some grinding, I will have to see whether it is pleasant and necessary here or mind drilling boring, which is what I thought of the grind at Runescape no matter how many times I tried to like it.

I certainly am looking for interaction with other people,  am willing to be active, but am not seeking onerous responsibilities that mandate AM and PM log ons.

• Like 4

On 29/12/2016 at 2:05 AM, Makarus said:

And i mean closest friends.

Lulu

• Like 2

Here's a tip Pagani. When you see a player in local that you are not sure of, ask someone in one of the chats, or you alliance.It helps to garner more info.

PS. I am glad you got the sword back.

13 hours ago, Redd said:

Lulu

Lulu

-Kingen

-Wirano (*)

-DrSatan(Recent purchase)

Not sure on others.

Status of such accts as Wirano and others may have changed.

Really though, he's gonna hit JK next, again. Shameful.

But Chaos is PvP and such behavior is expected, still shameful.

• Like 2

Pagani you were awesome as Secret Santa and deserve medals not hassle.

For the managment of newbs it takes a very special kind of person... we all love to help but letting them under our roof and to dine at our table is something that is built on the trust of strangers.

[09:57:27] Demontamer will receive a warning to leave the settlement. 3 minutes later the reputation will take the effect and he will be attacked by the guards.

[09:57:48] Dragonsummoner will receive a warning to leave the settlement. 3 minutes later the reputation will take the effect and he will be attacked by the guards.

You live by your rep in game and out:

I am a mouthy ****er and not as funny as i think I am... I am sure a lot of Xana has me on mute :( because of that (rightly so), but i am not theif and take steps to ensure they understand the consequence of their actions.

• Like 1

Well I am glad the sword issue was resolved ( I do not want to look like I am hijacking the thread ).

Thank you Goldfever for your thoughtful message.  I was a little surprised there were not more responses since I do not think many potential new players are coming in the door.

I strolled around the market area at whereever I was in Xanadu .  It looks like steep learning curve but intriguing.  The problem is I did not see another live person. and I chose Xanadu thinking it was the most populated.

Maybe I will take what looks to be a very long journey to one of those villages that are posting elsewhere seeking new blood, marking it on the map and all.

If I wanted to build grand things by myself I already have Minecraft.

• Like 1

Well, knowing Pagani, if teh fella asked for that sword, he would get it. Sorry it had to come to this.