Sign in to follow this  
Corsan

[No Bug] Possible unintended feature?

So, I was playing around with the cooking trying to find something I could do with my stuff...and I noticed you could get skill-gain in baking with toast....but then I realized you could just blast through levels since...

Spoiler

toast is just sliced up bread put in a baking stone...and sliced up bread is x6 slices of bread...

...so if you're like me and had previous old bread stashed in your FSB you could just use that and make a bunch...giving you nearly unlimited baking skill gains...since you can just heat up the others and just leave the baking stone up top and drag them in and get instant toast and pull them out and drag another in...which is also repeat-able with dough and bread also....so you can basically intentionally drop your stamina to just above nothing, and keep it toggled there with climbing toggle and sit there making toast for a long period (As long as you have fuel and bread or dough made previously.)....I was able to go from 15 baking to 23.76 baking just from about half an hour's drag/dropping.

I'm wondering if this was intended...since it still requires action on our parts, or if this is something that might need to be fixed/tweaked?

To be fair, this has pretty much always been the case with pan-filling. Even pre-1.3, single-ingredient dishes were possible if you used water.

Your stamina level should not matter for this, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

It gives increased skill-gain for lower stamina...(At least early on, it probably drops to negligible at higher levels.)...but I'm just wondering if they intended us to be able to just sit there drag/dropping to skill-gain...especially since they basically handed us a way to get multitudes with ease...it would basically make the skill semi-worthless...

I was able to go from 15 baking skill to 31 in a few hours work one day, and went from 31 to 41 with SB going from about 45 minutes of work another day. I haven't found the time to do more yet, but I could easily bump over 50 without even struggling at this rate...

[10:31:35] Baking increased by 0.0167 to 53.1202 at 4% stamina

[10:33:04] Baking increased by 0.0167 to 53.1703 at 100% stamina

solid grind, though.

OK, so the stamina doesn't matter. That wasn't what I was pointing out. I just did another couple hour batch with SB running, and I'm now .02 under 56 baking..from 44ish baking. This is like free baking skill gains, and all you're having to do is drag/drop a bunch of stuff to get it (Carpal tunnel inducing), and barely having to dent your pile of cereals. I used about 200 oats/barley to get this last batch of gains.