Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Herbs die in planters during the winter

Don't know if it is a bug, all herbs from planter died during this winter. Could not pick them yesterday and now after 20 hours all are dead.

Is this intended?

Planters on racks or on the ground are the same

Its not like they die in winter especially....they just die after a certain amount of time

Yeah, it was in the notes for them last month. After so often they die of age. Have to keep fresh supply ready to replant. Guess need to make a calendar or planner for planting.

I feel like lower QL planters died on me more than high QL planters, for what it's worth.

60ql planters since pretty much 1.3 release or near, harvest daily and none died yet

• Like 1

Oh, in addition: They did start dying off after I had not picked the herbs/spices for maybe a couple days. Seems like regular care is indeed important!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Oh, in addition: They did start dying off after I had not picked the herbs/spices for maybe a couple days. Seems like regular care is indeed important!

Yeah, if you miss just one day of picking, the plant looks healthier is in the events window when you harvest it. So they must die pretty quickly if you don't pick them.

[00:10:03] You successfully picked a rosemary, it now looks healthier.

Edited by Audrel

Hmm.. These were picked every day except when it was not possible to do so. Will run another batch, let's see how they behave this time. Maybe X(ana)-Files case again :D

• Like 2

I can pretty much guarantee that the vast majority of dead planters were the ones I had in the 20-25 QL range, as opposed to the ones I had in the 50-55 QL range.

If they don't lose QL when "unplanting", this actually has a benefit: When you plant the herb in them, the QL becomes the average of the planter and the planted herb. So, you can do this:

1. Plant 90QL herb in 20QL planter to get a 55QL herb planter.
  2. Herb dies, leaving behind a 55QL planter.
  3. Plant 90QL herb in 55QL planter to get a 72.5QL herb planter.
  4. GOTO step 2

So, eventually, all my planters will be closer and closer to 90QL, even if they started off at 1QL, since I'm picking 90QL herbs.

• Like 2

I had quite a few herb planters, and it wasn't until I neglected them for about 3 days straight that they all died out.  I think this is just a mechanism to encourage upkeep.  I support it.

Herbs and spices planted in planters will die over time, however, regular harvesting will prolong their lives.  Pay attention to the message you get when you pick as well.  Some picks will make your plant healthier, some will have no effect and others may not be so good for the health of your plant.

You can check the official Wurm cooking guide - section 7.2.4 for more information.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PhEhJkjNy-jl3_L5mdaQRVzyfdS7MfAt8_iNwSaHYYE/

On 12/26/2016 at 5:43 PM, Jaz said:

Don't know if it is a bug, all herbs from planter died during this winter. Could not pick them yesterday and now after 20 hours all are dead.

Is this intended?

Planters on racks or on the ground are the same

• Like 2