[released] Survival Mod : Temperature, crop seasons & drinking water

41 minutes ago, Elsa said:

The water stills descreading in QL. 

Yes it is...

2 hours ago, Elsa said:

The water stills descreading in QL. 

1 hour ago, SuperFly said:

Yes it is...

I don't think it is. I have tested with fountains on my test server and it fills with 100ql water. I also jumped onto your server superfly and drank a little from the fountain at the starter deed, when it refilled the ql went up.

If you have low ql water in the fountain, you'll need to remove this so that it can fill up with 100ql water.

8 minutes ago, Talor said:

I don't think it is. I have tested with fountains on my test server and it fills with 100ql water. I also jumped onto your server superfly and drank a little from the fountain at the starter deed, when it refilled the ql went up.

If you have low ql water in the fountain, you'll need to remove this so that it can fill up with 100ql water.

Checking now, have completely removed all water from fountain  will update thanks.

15 minutes ago, Talor said:

Hight QL fountains makes 100QL  water but low  makes it to shrink. Guess its shall be so?

30 minutes ago, SuperFly said:

Checking now, have completely removed all water from fountain  will update thanks.

Thanks for the quick fixes :)  looks good now.

Looks like new players are not immune to effects?  New player just got disease :)  Have this disabled in the config.

Just released an update with the following change:

• Checks GM-protection and new player protection when drinking water from the ground

On 12/27/2016 at 2:07 AM, Talor said:

You can't see your temperature. You will get warnings when your temperature is dangerously low.

Can you please update this mod with a way to see your temperature this has some new players worried.. 

also maybe a way to see how polluted the water is.

53 minutes ago, EarthsDefect said:

Can you please update this mod with a way to see your temperature this has some new players worried.. 

also maybe a way to see how polluted the water is.

You can see your temperature by typing the "/mytemp" command. You might find it useful to bind this command to a key, to save typing it out.

Water is safe if it is 100ql. The lower the ql, the more polluted. When drinking from the ground, it is always unsafe - if you use the 'taste' action on the ground it will show this.

You can also enable new player protection in the .properties file, so that players are unaffected by temperature/water for the first 24 hours of playtime.

On 2/12/2017 at 1:20 AM, Talor said:

You can see your temperature by typing the "/mytemp" command. You might find it useful to bind this command to a key, to save typing it out.

Water is safe if it is 100ql. The lower the ql, the more polluted. When drinking from the ground, it is always unsafe - if you use the 'taste' action on the ground it will show this.

You can also enable new player protection in the .properties file, so that players are unaffected by temperature/water for the first 24 hours of playtime.

Great thank you. Such a great job on this mod btw. Wurm has needed these feature's for a long time.

I think having a visual reference in the character window like when you hover over the weight would be much better then doing a command, new players will not know this command.

could you please add more cloths or something our players are worried about not been able to make enough warm cloths to keep warm in winter.

Does your armor keep you warm? if so I don't think chain or plate armor should as this would be very cold to wear in winter. 

Also our players think your tent should be a place to keep warm. this is probably not possible since tents are not really something you can get into. 

Also some crops do grow in winter this might be something to think about. maybe add a option to choose what can grow in the config like garlic, onions etc

also wells and fountains are making my players sick...  This should not happen and you should not need to improve. if you've made a well or fountain it should not make you sick

Edited by EarthsDefect

23 hours ago, EarthsDefect said:

Great thank you. Such a great job on this mod btw. Wurm has needed these feature's for a long time.

I think having a visual reference in the character window like when you hover over the weight would be much better then doing a command, new players will not know this command.

could you please add more cloths or something our players are worried about not been able to make enough warm cloths to keep warm in winter.

Does your armor keep you warm? if so I don't think chain or plate armor should as this would be very cold to wear in winter. 

Also our players think your tent should be a place to keep warm. this is probably not possible since tents are not really something you can get into. 

Also some crops do grow in winter this might be something to think about. maybe add a option to choose what can grow in the config like garlic, onions etc

also wells and fountains are making my players sick...  This should not happen and you should not need to improve. if you've made a well or fountain it should not make you sick

I only make server mods, not client mods. So while the character window idea is good, someone else would need to make it.

I would love to see more fur/wool clothing options, and they would work great with survival gameplay. But this is outside the scope of this mod. I think this would make most sense for the wurm dev team to add to the core game, as a lot of WO players want these options for cosmetic reasons also.

Armour does keep you warm, but much less than warmer clothing. The rough order from cold to hot is: naked, chain/plate, leather, cloth, wool. (There's more detail to it than this, some have protections against wind/rain/swimming, but you can read this elsewhere in the thread)

I might add the tent feature in the future.

Different crops growing at different times of year could be a great feature. The 1.3 update is coming soon, and that will add a lot of new crops, so I won't do any work on this until that arrives.

Wells and fountains should be safe to drink from - the quality does not matter. There was a bug affecting this, but it has been fixed. Are you using the latest version? If you have been running the bugged version, you'll need to remove the unsafe water from the fountains after switching to the latest version.

I like the idea of this mod and the work you have put into it. It does not fit with what I am trying to do with my server, but I think it has an awesome place in WU and I wanted to thank you for making such a mod for people to use!

Can you possbile do so you get sick if you eat a decayd meal after certain of DMG?

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

Can you possbile do so you get sick if you eat a decayd meal after certain of DMG?

Yes I can do this, I'll add it in the next version.

2 minutes ago, Talor said:

Yes I can do this, I'll add it in the next version.

Nice

Wel.. Its not needed. If it only me that want it, and nobody else. You dont need to add that. 

I just released a new version with the following change:

• Added a north/south mode, that makes it cooler in the north and warmer in the south. This mode can be enabled/disabled in the properties file.

1 hour ago, Talor said:

• Added a north/south mode, that makes it cooler in the north and warmer in the south. This mode can be enabled/disabled in the properties file.

Does altitude already do this as well (higher up is colder then lower down)?

Awesome mod.

1 hour ago, Talor said:

Should also have aussie mode, that does that the other way around :P

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Does altitude already do this as well (higher up is colder then lower down)?

Awesome mod.

Yes, altitude already has an effect. If your map has lots of mountains in the north, it will be super-cold.

10 minutes ago, bdew said:

Should also have aussie mode, that does that the other way around :P

Turn your monitor upside down.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Talor said:

Yes, altitude already has an effect. If your map has lots of mountains in the north, it will be super-cold.

Turn your monitor upside down.

I've always wanted to get one of those world maps or globes that have the world "right side up" from the down under viewpoint.

Sadly we have had to removed your mod.

We have tested multiple times but wells still degrade in QL I have tried deleting the water from them. The fountains are fine after deleting the water from them.. I'm using newsiest version of the mod I think...  

Also we have a problem with mediation mod, I think its conflicting with your mod, when we try to learn the path of love and the path of knowledge its bugging out near the water can not find a special tile anywhere only in gm mode after removing the mod we could find a path near the water no problems.

Please fix this conflict a lot of servers use mediation mod.

5 hours ago, EarthsDefect said:

Sadly we have had to removed your mod.

We have tested multiple times but wells still degrade in QL I have tried deleting the water from them. The fountains are fine after deleting the water from them.. I'm using newsiest version of the mod I think...  

Also we have a problem with mediation mod, I think its conflicting with your mod, when we try to learn the path of love and the path of knowledge its bugging out near the water can not find a special tile anywhere only in gm mode after removing the mod we could find a path near the water no problems.

Please fix this conflict a lot of servers use mediation mod.

I just tested again with a well and the water is filling up with 100ql water. Can you make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of the mod, and then removed any low-ql water from the well? It should fill with 100ql water, but if it doesn't let me know.

What is the meditation mod? Can you link to its forum page?

This is indeed a great mod. Long overdue. It does get a bit severe and may cause some to leave servers that use it because you basically can't do much during winter under fear of death. It would be nice if this mod could be adjusted so that during daylight hours the cold will not kill you. More like a European winter instead of a Siberian winter. Anyway, great job. Well done.

Enabled the water portion of the mod. My well went from 100ql yesterday afternoon to 73ql last night. This morning it is 1ql. I'll empty i out and see what happens. BTW, downloaded the mod yesterday so yeah, it's the latest.

Edited by Clatius