Sign in to follow this  
Talor

[released] Survival Mod : Temperature, crop seasons & drinking water

On 6/14/2019 at 4:48 PM, CountZero said:

Could you update your link? Im getting a protocol error :D

Thanks

with difficultySetting = 0.1f 

very hot... I'm 100 slopes above sea level, probably in spring or summer and the only thing I can do is stay in the lake... as soon as I finished the newbie buff and went through this, I was forced to turn off the temperature damage. ... very sad

I have done some testing with Coldies variation of survival mod, the higher the temp source factor value is the slower you get boiling hot, also the less distance the heat from campfires and forges go. Tempsource factor also doesnt seem to affect how fast you get cold when not near fire, that seems to be completely controlled by difficulty setting. i would recommend setting temp source factor to 15000+ at least during summer and maybe adjust it back to around 5000 during winter if needed.

elevation will probably only control how cold you can get. you will still heat up at a certain rate controlled by tempsource factor. possible best thing to do while playing is do your smithing at night and winter

*After more testing this seems to only help a little, still hard not to over heat when the normal temperature outside is high. Not sure overheating is avoidable unless there is a way added to turn that off. 

Edited by Deathwatcher

Will this ever be modified to disable the much too high over heating? It destroys the usablility of the mod completely.

• Like 1

Soooo...I experimented with lots of things. Negative armor factor. Negative affects for different armor types. Putting the tempsourcefactor way high or way low. None of it worked.

Then I decided to go the low route and set the tempsorcefactor to 5011 and that took care of the over heating. So far no damage from over heating. But it's getting dark ingame so I'll have to wait until morning to see if it holds. That's with difficutltysetting at 1 standing at sea level. 

In the south standing at sea level /mytemp shows 213 but still no over heating.

Edited by TheMacGregor

I don't recall over heating to be an issue on any server I played on that used the mod, so not really sure about that.

The source code is all posted online, so anyone with coding skills could change the mods how they like.

The link for all my mods are on my main mod topic. 

I have been asked about ways people can deal with the temps, clothing, quality and other things that affect it.

admin settings.

northSouthMode=true

you are either north of equator or south of equator

Higher the number, the more increase it has to your temperature, so setting these really high could over heat.

clothaffect=0.8F
plateaffect=0.6F (Steel, Iron, Adamantine, Glimmersteel, Seryll) so copper and such probably wont have any affects to cold.
leatheraffect=0.6F
woolaffect=1.2F

armorfactor=1.0f

the general bonus to temp is multiplied by this.

difficultySetting=-10.0f

a straight addition to temperature value.

Now then stuff players can do.

inside a mine or inside a building, a 'complete' building (all walls) will give protection from wind.

inside mine or if building has a roof over your current tile also gives rain protection, another level of building above you counts as rain protection.

Cloth armor 

armourWindBonus = 0.25;

leather armor

armourWindBonus = 0.5;
armourRainBonus = 0.5;

Leather adventurer's hat

armourRainBonus = 0.75;

Brown bear helm

armourRainBonus = 0.25;
armourWindBonus = 0;
armourSwimBonus = 1;

wool armor

armourRainBonus = 0.25;
armourSwimBonus = 1;

Quality of the armor does matter, as an exact value as a % of 100. so 100ql has 100% affect, 1ql will have very little affect.

distance from fire source affects how much heat it provides.

height above sea level affects how cold it is, higher up is more cold.

standing on snow makes you cold.

Heat sources: I understand that they work to 5 tiles? Can you get benefit from more that one heat source in range? Has anyone ever tried to use heat sources to get a crop tic in winter?  If so does it work?

if ((t != null)) {
                    for (Item item : t.getItems()) {
                        short effectiveTemperature = 0;
                        // Closer heat sources provide more heat. Uses pythagorean theorem to find distance, then uses inverse square law to determine intensity
                        if (item.isOnFire()) {
                           // effectiveTemperature = (short) (item.getTemperature() * (1 / Math.pow(Math.max(1, Math.sqrt(Math.pow(Math.abs(tileX - xx), 2) + Math.pow(Math.abs(tileY - yy), 2))),2)));
                            float x = Math.abs(player.getTileX()- item.getTileX());
                            float y = Math.abs(player.getTileY()- item.getTileY());
                            float distancemodify = (float) ((float) 1-(((Math.max(x, y)+1)* 0.1)));
                            effectiveTemperature = (short) (item.getTemperature() * distancemodify);
                            //effectiveTemperature = item.isLight() ? (short)Math.round(effectiveTemperature/6) : effectiveTemperature;
                        }
                        // Only pay attention to the heat sources providing the biggest effect (i.e. heat sources do not stack)
                        if (effectiveTemperature > targetTemperature) {
                            targetTemperature = effectiveTemperature;
                        }
                    }
                }

only uses the best heat source within range.
heat sources wont affect crop ticks.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, Hakoric said:

Anyone else seeing an issue with the new 1.9.0.0 beta and loading the survival mod? Under 1.8.0.3 everything is working fine

If I remove the survival mod(0.83) from starting, the server starts up perfectly under 1.9.0.0 with all of the other mods.

I just copied the relevant information, instead of the entire output, but I can upload the server.log file if needed

Love this mo

[11:21:55 AM] INFO MoveToCenter: Installed makeMoveSubMenu hook on line 8957
[11:21:55 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: fillContainer(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsItems
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.NotFoundException: fillContainer(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsItems
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.registerHook(HookManager.java:331)
    at org.talor.wurmunlimited.mods.survival.Survival.init(Survival.java:316)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.lambda$loadModsFromModDir$8(ModLoaderShared.java:174)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175)
    at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1382)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared.loadModsFromModDir(ModLoaderShared.java:172)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:20)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:286)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: fillContainer(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsItems
    at javassist.CtClassType.getMethod(CtClassType.java:1262)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.createHook(HookManager.java:237)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.registerHook(HookManager.java:328)
    ... 19 more

I'm seeing the same thing. The server won't connect to Steam, presumably because things are so wonky. It's a pity because I was really looking forward to this mod.

It seems to happen right after my animal mod is referenced, if that is significant:

[01:00:59 PM] INFO BetterDigMod: Installed getCarriedItem hook in checkUseDirt at line 1400
[01:00:59 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod creaturemod loaded server class com.wurmonline.shared.constants.CreatureTypes during phase init
[01:00:59 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.EarlyLoadingChecker: Mod creaturemod loaded server class com.wurmonline.shared.constants.ItemMaterials during phase init
[01:00:59 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: fillContainer(..) is not found in com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.MethodsItems

Hello Talor

I can't see anymore the files of your mod on your github. The link doesn't work.

Is it possible to get them again?

Hi Tyoda

Thanks a lot for the link. I manage to grab the .zip file.

Unfortunately, i try to install it and it block my dedicated server to work. It stopped the server automaticalley.

It seems not compatible with WU 1.9

But i have luck. I find in page 12 a reply from the Wurmian Cuddles

He gave us the link to a survival.zip file operating on WU 1.9.*.* that he have modified in order to work

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCglQtK9yo7-KCNYad

Edited by Bobsponge
  • Like 1