Sign in to follow this  
Talor

[released] Survival Mod : Temperature, crop seasons & drinking water

I'm still finding errors like these in my console, they seem to appear when someone logs out.

Spoiler

[09:52:55 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

java.rmi.server.ServerNotActiveException: not in a remote call

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.getClientHost(TCPTransport.java:613)

at java.rmi.server.RemoteServer.getClientHost(RemoteServer.java:77)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.getRemoteClientDetails(WebInterfaceImpl.java:204)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1848)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1776)

at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.addMoney(LoginServerWebConnection.java:243)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll$1(Player.java:3736)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.talor.wurmunlimited.mods.survival.Survival$1$1.invoke(Survival.java:159)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll(Player.java)

at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1717)

at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1915)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1856)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Spoiler

[09:53:56 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.getRemoteClientDetails(WebInterfaceImpl.java:204)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1848)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1776)

at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.addMoney(LoginServerWebConnection.java:243)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1717)

Edited by Zera

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, Zera said:

I'm still finding errors like these in my console, they seem to appear when someone logs out.

Reveal hidden contents

[09:52:55 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

Reveal hidden contents

[09:53:56 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

These error messages do not appear on a default server plus the survival mod. So I suspect it is caused by some conflict with another mod that you're running. It's not clear from the error message what this might be.

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

Have yu removed "food posioning"? 

The mod doesn't have food poisoning. I haven't removed anything - it just never had this.

14 hours ago, Talor said:

The mod doesn't have food poisoning. I haven't removed anything - it just never had this.

I mean that you got sick of eating decayed food. 

Is it possible to die of hunger, or do we just fast?

11 hours ago, Elsa said:

I mean that you got sick of eating decayed food. 

The mod never had this feature...

3 minutes ago, Batta said:

Is it possible to die of hunger, or do we just fast?

You still only continue to fast, no death by hunger.

On 2017-02-15 at 6:39 PM, Elsa said:

Can you possbile do so you get sick if you eat a decayd meal after certain of DMG?

On 2017-02-15 at 7:51 PM, Talor said:

Yes I can do this, I'll add it in the next version.

Well it was... I ha this before and then you got sick if decatd food...

Will carrying a light source, like a Lantern help keep a player's temperature up?
Even if this only worked at a higher QL Lantern, I think this would be a great addition if it doesn't already work. Not so much as a 'warm up player' sense but more so at a 'lose heat slower' effect. A type of insulation

Hi,

We've opened a new server and we really love this mod.  We have discovered one thing though, Source Springs and Source Fountains can cause disease.  Is there something in the settings that I've missed, or can this be fixed?  Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, EmmaGrace said:

Hi,

We've opened a new server and we really love this mod.  We have discovered one thing though, Source Springs and Source Fountains can cause disease.  Is there something in the settings that I've missed, or can this be fixed?  Thanks so much!

I just tested drinking low-ql source and this did not cause disease. Are you sure it was drinking the source that resulted in the disease?

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Zera said:

Will carrying a light source, like a Lantern help keep a player's temperature up?
Even if this only worked at a higher QL Lantern, I think this would be a great addition if it doesn't already work. Not so much as a 'warm up player' sense but more so at a 'lose heat slower' effect. A type of insulation

Carrying a lantern doesn't currently affect the player's temperature.

How much of a difference does altitude make to crops? My crop land is at 106 above sea level. Would it make a significant difference to dig / surface mine  to get it down to 100?  What are the cutoff levels for the different altitude effects?  

8 minutes ago, Batta said:

How much of a difference does altitude make to crops? My crop land is at 106 above sea level. Would it make a significant difference to dig / surface mine  to get it down to 100?  What are the cutoff levels for the different altitude effects?  

The difference between 100 and 106 is very small, you're unlikely to notice a difference. There are no cut-offs, it is a gradual change the higher you go.

The difference between 0 and 1600 is the same as the difference between the middle of summer and the middle of winter.

• Like 1

Was anyone able to test the mod wit the beta 1.6 version of wurm?

8 hours ago, Eject said:

Was anyone able to test the mod wit the beta 1.6 version of wurm?

I've given it a quick test and it seems to work fine. If anyone finds any bugs, let me know.

• Like 1

Hi,

I just tested drinking low-ql source and this did not cause disease. Are you sure it was drinking the source that resulted in the disease?

Yes,  its more rare than sea water, roughly 1 in 5 times,  but we are getting the occasional disease from Source Springs and Fountains.

@TalorCould you please consider adding a "/tiletemp" command? It would be useful for farmers to know which crop it's time to seed. And realistic, since we all can feel both "inner" and "outer" temperature.

Also, a mod description in first message could use an update - topic gets bigger and lots of valuable details are now hidden in 11 pages) You could just copy all patch notes in one place.

Great mod, it seems to become more and more popular.

• Like 1

Hopefully some day this can be implemented as an optional but permanent part of WU instead of a mod. It adds so much to the game.

Is there anyway to turn off the cold hurt stuff and still have the crop stuff? 

3 minutes ago, Madrax said:

Is there anyway to turn off the cold hurt stuff and still have the crop stuff? 

Yes in the proerties:

# true: Enable temperature survival mechanics
# false: Disable temperature survival mechanics
enableTemperatureSurvival=true

@Taylor - you may want to add commentary to the original post (where you can d/l the latest version of the mod link) to the effect that "Water of QL <100.0 is unsafe" and "/mytemp retrieves your current tempeture" - although these things are revealed in the comments many people installing the mod fresh may not have time to read through all the commentary and when i install a mod the places i look for critical functionality are in the OP.

Btw Love the mod - I had my doubts at first because of the seasonal farming (which i don't really like - since wurm is slow enough as is) but thanks to the config options it's working for my single-player game quite nicely. Also would like to suggest something: Change the taste info on "item" water with less than 100 ql to reflect the same as "sea water" tiles.

Edited by MystLeissa

I'm pretty sure that the water born diseases are not being healed by priest spells that are supposed to cure disease. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug - but it would be nice to hear back on the issue.

14 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

I'm pretty sure that the water born diseases are not being healed by priest spells that are supposed to cure disease. I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug - but it would be nice to hear back on the issue.

This is intended, it uses the same disease mechanic that you get when too many animals are on the same tile. You could have a priest cast Heal on you to remove the effect or follow the advice here: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Disease

On 8/20/2018 at 8:23 AM, Talor said:

This is intended, it uses the same disease mechanic that you get when too many animals are on the same tile. You could have a priest cast Heal on you to remove the effect or follow the advice here: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Disease

Heal isn't working though - that's the spell i was referring to - I don't know of any others that effect players - and I know Humid Drizzle is supposed to effect animals - I've tried both spells neither is particularly effective in removing the disease when you catch it from the waterborn source.

Also @Taylor - I assume since you've created a mod that inflicts the status you'd know the answer to this question: At what point in the code /does/ Disease's Spell Effect Begin to impair Skillgain? Because I swear it's lower than 100 like the wiki says - more like 20 - 50.