Sign in to follow this  
Talor

[released] Survival Mod : Temperature, crop seasons & drinking water

* mixture for cold - combined from honey, vodka, сamellia, garlik, lavander and lemon

Cold - is caused by hypothermia. Stages and symptoms : Each stage progresses up to the next stage of illness after the 24 hours of in-game time. During the first stage, the character starts to sneeze randomly for 30 up to 3600 seconds. Each sneeze interrupts the current action if the character does something. On the second stage, the character starts sneezing AND coughing (the cough has the same mechanics as the sneezing). The character's stamina decreases faster for 1/3 from basic number. On the stage 3, the character is sneezing, coughing, and he has chills, his stamina runs low faster for 2/3 from basic number and his movement speed is lowered by 30%, action time is increased by 30%, and other players have the 15% chance to get infected. The cure for the 1 stage is tea (chance 50%), honey (chance 60%) and vodka (chance 70%), mixture (90%), 2nd stage cure is tea (30%), honey (40%) and vodka(50%), mixture (70%), 3d stage is tea (10%), honey (20%), vodka (30%), mixture (50%).

There is one problem, it you have a big server and trying to travel by boat to another server - there is a risk of death by freezing before you reach the server border.

Perhaps there should be a settings option to have the cold disabled when on a ship.

17 hours ago, Talor said:
  • Drinking vodka now warms you up

@Boyar

You know that in real life drinking alcohol makes you get a feeling of warmth even as it works to kill you faster via hypothermia (opens the blood vessels allowing for faster loss of heat)?

• Like 1

"May 11, 2017 - Alcohol and drug use. Alcohol may make your body feel warm inside, but it causes your blood vessels to expand, resulting in more rapid heat loss from the surface of your skin. The body's natural shivering response is diminished in people who've been drinking alcohol."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothermia/symptoms-causes/dxc-20318121

I like the Vodka idea, would it be possible to add in the other alcohols too?

Setting the boat on fire should warm you nicely. Let's allow that. :lol:

But seriously, fires were possible on ships at sea in specially made 'pits'. And here's a news flash. They cooked food on ships. So freezing on anything bigger than a sailboat is just silly.

I thought alcohol made you feel warmer but in reality it would make you lose your body heat even faster? edit: nvm reading is hard

Edited by raidsoft

The mod should work with 1.5 provided that you have updated the server mod launcher to the most recent version. Let me know if there are any bugs though.

I understand that drinking vodka doesn't warm you up in reality, but Boyar & co. requested the feature for their new server and it seemed fun, so I added it. If anyone is planning to run a survival server and they don't want vodka to warm players up, let me know and I'll make it a configurable option.

Is there a difference between the protections that regular leather armor and studded leather armor provides against the weather? 

16 hours ago, Grendel43 said:

Is there a difference between the protections that regular leather armor and studded leather armor provides against the weather? 

They both offer the same protection.

• Like 1

I have a useful suggestion. As well as the command, maybe you could add a little window that displays your temperature and/or the current weather. In real life you are constantly feeling and knowing your temperature and the conditions around you, so I figured this idea would work with realism in mind. 

(Also, speaking of commands, I'm sure this topic said you can keybind the mytemp and weather command but I don't see the option in settings, where is that option located exactly?) 

On some servers, I see a count down for seasons, does anyone know how this is done?  is there an existing public mod or is it custom work on each server?

It looks like this : "[09:08:39] It is currently Late Summer. 73 days remain until Autumn."

Is there console command to show current values of setting options?

For example:

/survivalvar difficultySetting

On 1/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, Worfeus said:

On some servers, I see a count down for seasons, does anyone know how this is done?  is there an existing public mod or is it custom work on each server?

It looks like this : "[09:08:39] It is currently Late Summer. 73 days remain until Autumn."

I would also like to know how this is done. o.o

@Talor , We are running this mod and LOVE it! Spring, summer, and fall ran as expected, but as soon as winter came, we started getting constant "You are hot" temperatures. Any ideas? Even tried AFK'n in the north, naked in a lake. No body temp change,

Nothing from Talor for three months. Is he still supporting this?

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, Equinox said:

@Talor , We are running this mod and LOVE it! Spring, summer, and fall ran as expected, but as soon as winter came, we started getting constant "You are hot" temperatures. Any ideas? Even tried AFK'n in the north, naked in a lake. No body temp change,

Can you paste your .properties file so I can see how you have it configured?

The problem was a bug with the north/south mode. I have just released an update that fixes the bug.

• Like 1

I'm noticing this error come up now and again in my console

Spoiler

[07:38:30 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Unknown Remote Client Add money to bank 2 , 22 for player name: Jibber, wid -1

[07:39:31 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

java.rmi.server.ServerNotActiveException: not in a remote call

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.getClientHost(TCPTransport.java:613)

at java.rmi.server.RemoteServer.getClientHost(RemoteServer.java:77)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.getRemoteClientDetails(WebInterfaceImpl.java:204)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1848)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1776)

at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.addMoney(LoginServerWebConnection.java:243)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll$1(Player.java:3736)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.talor.wurmunlimited.mods.survival.Survival$1$1.invoke(Survival.java:159)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll(Player.java)

at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1717)

at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1915)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1856)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 0:48 AM, Zera said:

I'm noticing this error come up now and again in my console

Reveal hidden contents

[07:38:30 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Unknown Remote Client Add money to bank 2 , 22 for player name: Jibber, wid -1

[07:39:31 PM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl: Could not get ClientHost details due to not in a remote call

java.rmi.server.ServerNotActiveException: not in a remote call

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.getClientHost(TCPTransport.java:613)

at java.rmi.server.RemoteServer.getClientHost(RemoteServer.java:77)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.getRemoteClientDetails(WebInterfaceImpl.java:204)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1848)

at com.wurmonline.server.webinterface.WebInterfaceImpl.addMoneyToBank(WebInterfaceImpl.java:1776)

at com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection.addMoney(LoginServerWebConnection.java:243)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll$1(Player.java:3736)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.talor.wurmunlimited.mods.survival.Survival$1$1.invoke(Survival.java:159)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.poll(Player.java)

at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures.pollAllCreatures(Creatures.java:1717)

at com.wurmonline.server.zones.Zones.pollNextZones(Zones.java:1915)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1856)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Does anything bad happen or it just puts this error? Does Jibber get his silver?

4 hours ago, Talor said:

Does anything bad happen or it just puts this error? Does Jibber get his silver?

I don't know if he does or not, I didn't think to ask.

At most maybe there's a hiccup of some lag? This was too long ago for me to remember exactly now, sorry. XD

Hello Talor

A little wish...can you please fill out the wiki on github with a collection of all important answers to this mod?

I like to use the mod, but its a little bit hard to find all informations that you gave here on all sites.

Eject