Sign in to follow this  
Talor

[released] Survival Mod : Temperature, crop seasons & drinking water

My players do not have any problems as it is now. If yours are freezing to death during summer in a mine, there may be a problem with the server.

23 minutes ago, Jukken said:

My players do not have any problems as it is now. If yours are freezing to death during summer in a mine, there may be a problem with the server.

Oh yeah of course, attack my server. Go figure the forum is full of jealous trolls.

That's okay too though, takes all kinds. Have a good day in Sweden! Haha.

By attacking me, you are just as guilty of derailing the thread as I am by defending myself; which I must do.

@TalorMaybe, as all things deserve balance and two sides, there should be a subtle mode since there is a hard mode. Something with no warnings flashing on the screen and a lesser effect overall. Also, the blood splattering as dmg ticks really needs to be removed. While you're freezing to death, you aren't being mutilated by some phantom sword so it needs to be cleaned up and these are justified and constructive criticisms and the other server admins? Great... have an opinion, it is a waste of a post.

Edited by Roushi

On Desolation the fine tuning continues. I think we have come a long way since the first version to the point where today things don't feel quite as tough/difficult as they originally did and player feedback is way more positive (on a PVP server where people spend a lot of time off deed).

If the cave mine thing was implemented to make caves always warm my hope is it would be added as a configuration option. There are some positive use cases for mines being cold to the player over an extended period of time. 

Thank-you for building this mod Talor.

~Nappy

1 hour ago, Roushi said:

Oh yeah of course, attack my server. Go figure the forum is full of jealous trolls.

I'm not sure why you are so hostle.

I'm not attacking your server, just pointing out that if players are freezing during summer inside a cave, that is not the experience players have on my server and mine is set to hard mode.

1 hour ago, Roushi said:

That's okay too though, takes all kinds. Have a good day in Sweden! Haha.

Not really sure what you mean by this.

1 hour ago, Roushi said:

By attacking me, you are just as guilty of derailing the thread as I am by defending myself; which I must do.

I'm not attacking anything.

You seem to think people are out to get you, not sure why.

• Like 1

If I fill a vessel from a fountain, is the water still safe to drink?

14 hours ago, Ricowan said:

If I fill a vessel from a fountain, is the water still safe to drink?

Yes, water from fountains and wells is completely safe to drink.

(I could maybe make it so the quality of the well/fountain affected how safe it is if people wanted something like that)

Thanks Talor, but my question is about drinking water from a water skin, barrel, amphora, etc.  How does your mod know what source was used to fill the vessel?  If I fill a water skin from the ocean, and then drink from the water skin, I will get diseased?  If I fill the water skin from a fountain, I will NOT get diseased?  What happens if the water skin still had some water from the ocean, the topped off from a fountain?  Is the water itself different from each source?  Would there be two water entries in the water skin in the last scenario? :)

If the water is 100 ql, then it is safe to drink. The lower the quality, the worse a disease you may contract.

Water taken from wells and fountains is 100ql. Water taken from the ocean will usually be of lower quality. When you boil the water, the quality level raises to 100.

So it doesn't matter how many containers you move seawater around between, it will still be unsafe until you have boiled it.

If you mix some unsafe water with some safe water, the mixed water will have a quality averaged between the two sources. So the combined water would be unsafe to drink.

• Like 2

I have just released a new version with the following changes:

• A roof is now required to protect from rain
  • Crops will not grow during winter (can be enabled/disabled via the .properties file)

On 4.2.2017 at 7:53 PM, Talor said:

I have just released a new version with the following changes:

• Crops will not grow during winter (can be enabled/disabled via the .properties file)

That sounds interesting and realistic, now i will try the mod too =)

I just released an update with this change:

• Fixed bug that caused decay of water in fountains/wells

Edited by Elsa
Found the problem

WOuld be nice if you could enable/Disable the QL of founain/well affect how safe water is.

6 hours ago, Elsa said:

WOuld be nice if you could enable/Disable the QL of founain/well affect how safe water is.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. If you are talking about how water in fountains/wells was decaying, that was a bug, which has been fixed in the latest version. Or do you mean something else?

I kind of think they mean the quality of the well or fountain should effect the quality of the water ?

16 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

I kind of think they mean the quality of the well or fountain should effect the quality of the water ?

Yes. you could change i properties if you want the wells/fountains QL to affect if the water is safe or not.

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

Yes. you could change i properties if you want the wells/fountains QL to affect if the water is safe or not.

Okay, so on your server, you would like the wells/fountains to give you disease if they are low quality?

Have updated to newest update emptied fountains and water is still degrading in them when they fill?

1 hour ago, Talor said:

Okay, so on your server, you would like the wells/fountains to give you disease if they are low quality?

That they already does. I mean you could disable that in properties if you dont like that the QL of fountain well/fountain affect the safety. But i made so all new players starts with a cauldron. 

35 minutes ago, Elsa said:

That they already does. I mean you could disable that in properties if you dont like that the QL of fountain well/fountain affect the safety. But i made so all new players starts with a cauldron. 

1 hour ago, SuperFly said:

Have updated to newest update emptied fountains and water is still degrading in them when they fill?

This was another bug. I have just released an update with the following change that will fix the problem:

• Another bugfix for fountain water decay (previous fix only affected wells)

1 minute ago, Talor said:

This was another bug. I have just released an update with the following change that will fix the problem:

Great!

16 minutes ago, Talor said:

Will let you know..   Thanks!!