Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Woad Planters

Heh recall at one point many, many, many moons ago one could get exp from the same tile, regardless of success or failure... and without even moving.

Still even then it amazes me anyone grinded the skill over even 30. Over 90 is just... damn.

Heck foraging and botanizing didn't even have skill unlocks until a year or two ago.

another bump for a very woadful decision to ignore this thread

• Like 3

+1

This is a clear need, and the arguments here are all very rational. 

And from a realistic point of view, consider that whoever is botanizing did not plant or maintain the herbs being gathered.  So why would someone with limited botanical knowledge be unlikely (unable) to discover a high quality specimen?  Was is stepped on and ruined before it was noticed?  It is the weak and stunted plants which are less visible.

+1 for easy way to get smurfs in this post to calm down...

(+1 to plantable woad for the alchemy masters)

(which actually... makes me wonder.... are there priests doing alchemy... and unable to mine copper/zinc??????????? why would that be a thing, couldnt that limit be lifted once alchemy reaches certain level??)

On 3/15/2017 at 11:25 PM, Asciana said:
Wurm Online Freedom subie 95.1765
Wurm Online Freedom Ruka 94.56529
Wurm Online Freedom Pepejot 94.033615
Wurm Online Freedom Frogilla 88.40994
Wurm Online Freedom Miket 88.09753
Wurm Online Freedom MrCoolMan 87.47529
Wurm Online Freedom Mawej 84.53797
Wurm Online Freedom Herix 81.913475
Wurm Online Freedom NeeNee 80.02133
Wurm Online Freedom Chrisyou 78.440605

This is your top 10 of people. About 3 people in Wurm (at least on Niarja) can regularly supply all the servers with 90+ woad. Awful. #makewurmgreatagain

I don't see anything bad with having 10 or w/e number of random names being on TOP of supply chain, who says that they botanize to sell or do anything with woad????~..

There are maybe 10-20 people supplying the market with enchants? anything bad about that????? ?? ? 

X-actly, all comes down to good old supply - demand... if it's intended that woad is super rare... and tougher to get pure blue, compared to the nonsense of making black dye..., I'm OK to settle with that with the one words from devs somewhere and that being noted on wiki.. so nobody later asks questions instead of dealing with the rarest thing to get....

bump because berries got bushes and still no love for woad and cocoa :(

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Nadroj said:

bump because berries got bushes and still no love for woad and cocoa :(

Playing on a WU server at the minute because I can grow Woad there. Rather enjoying it actually.

• Like 3

+1
We can gather acorns from oak trees AND can also be foraged. Why couldn't possible gathering woad from planter AND be botanized?
Why should we grind the botanize skill only for woad?
I would like to plant woad to planter.

And yes I would like to see cocoa trees in Wurm.

vadkakao0010.jpg

• Like 4

+1 For the love of cocoa and woad, PLEASE allow planting these 2 necessities!!! Whether in planters or fields, I'm not picky! ;)

• Like 1

This, I love this, I wants this, this must happen. I found it funny that they just went through an update with planters so you can grow all sorts of other things but very few spices and not woad. I was so sad when i realized this.

• Like 1

*Sniffs the air*

I smell a botanise nerf!

With the change to how botanise ql works getting high ql woad is a lot easier (almost all my woad finds are over ql 70 now).

But then again, it will kill the cost of woad and blue dye, and now that skilling botanise past 65 is like pulling teeth....

+1

Please let us grow woad, even in planters like the herbs.  I love making dye, and not just blue dye but pink and other colors are impossible to make in desired quantities without good woad.

Please let us grow cocoa too; I can spend a couple hours foraging/botanizing, get hundreds of materials and 2-3 cocoa if I'm having a bad to normal day. Why??  Especially with berry bushes added.

(most of all, would absolutely adore if you added coffee/coffee bushes to the game) :ph34r:

• Like 3

Not being able to farm or garden woad realy should be considered a bug. It is a farming product after all.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

Not being able to farm or garden woad realy should be considered a bug. It is a farming product after all.

We can dream i suppose....

Completely overpowered and would destabilize what balance exists.