Sign in to follow this  
polarbear

Allow bison and unicorns to use horsegear

Just now, polarbear said:

As mentioned in title. Because wogic. 

Unicorns definitely. I'm not opposed to bisons since they can be hitched, but they cant be ridden so I don't really care either way :D

Also unicorns colours back. i would love to race around on a bright blue unicorn.

Or anything that can be hitched or ridden would be really nice. even brown bears and croc's but this would be a good start :D 

• Like 2

+1.

Dunno about the bears and crocs, but bison rodeo sounds like fun.

Would also make them go faster and stop running away as soon as unhitched wouldn't it?

Would love Bison going faster and not running away, however that can be pulled off.

Always agreed on the horse gear for unicorns. Even making it faster then the hell horse if using a champ unicorn, of course adjustments to speeds could use a rework in generally as I find horses with rare or better gear tend to be insanely fast. But then you'd have people complaining about speeds travelling on servers like chaos, Xanadu, Indy and elevation. 

I dunno just let us gear the unicorns. Also bison not running around would be nice

+1

cows too, just so i do not have to keep making individual pens just so i can milk a lot of cows minus them clumping and getting disease constantly 

May as well add, bulls, just because.

I can go with unicorns and hell horses, but make them out of more expensive materials.

Bison have split hooves, and cannot wear shoes, bridles or saddles....  Please keep some sense about these things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

I can go with unicorns and hell horses, but make them out of more expensive materials.

Bison have split hooves, and cannot wear shoes, bridles or saddles....  Please keep some sense about these things.

Wurm bison may very well be odd-toed ungulates, descended from ancient rhinos.

I'm sorry but I felt this was necessary, if it enhances the fun in game it doesn't have to be sensible.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

Larger saddles could be made for the bison. Thats not totally unreasonable

I agree on the no horse shoe for bisons. I mean its called horse shoe for a reason

2 hours ago, Tallios said:

3 minutes ago, Drastox said:

Larger saddles could be made for the bison. Thats not totally unreasonable

I agree on the no horse shoe for bisons. I mean its called horse shoe for a reason

What about bison shoes made out of Adamantine or Glimmersteel.  I believe that would limit them to Epic, but from the sounds of their population woes, Epic could perhaps use a few more perks anyway.

We do have the larger saddles that are currently used only with Dragons, right?  Could re-purpose those as I'm not so sure how many people really get to ride around on Dragons.

Epic could have better perks than bison shoes. Its more of a quality of life change. 

At this point I wouldn't think riding dragons is ever going to be a thing. I'd love to be proved wrong though

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tallios said:

I agree

• Like 1

Then perhaps for animals which cannot have horse shoes due to logic (not that I believe logic matters here in any way, gamelay and QoL > logic), how about adding specific sadels for those animals which include the bonus from the horse shoes into them? Yes that would mean that one such saddel equals a horse saddel + 4 horse shoes, but all the animals to which this applies are slower than horses to begin with so I don't believe this is an issue.

Edited by Ecrir

On 12/26/2016 at 2:50 PM, Tallios said:

Took me long enough but I think I finally understand the significance of split hooves... for shoes anyway.

I'm thinking the split hoof spreads as weight is applied, and contracts with weight lifted?  So a rigid metal horse shoe would be kind of like forcing bison to walk in high heels :lol:  Clearly adamantine or glimmersteel is not the answer.

Still think technology can win out here though... what about a flexible shoe?  We obviously can't use rubber, or the likes.  I'm thinking a studded leather shoe that wraps around the heel, sown down the center under hoof, and then tied loosely across the top with... leather straps?  There's no give so it's either too tight, or too loose... cloth likely not strong enough... a wemp rope, perhaps kept wet to keep the fibers more supple?

6 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Took me long enough but I think I finally understand the significance of split hooves... for shoes anyway.

I'm thinking the split hoof spreads as weight is applied, and contracts with weight lifted?  So a rigid metal horse shoe would be kind of like forcing bison to walk in high heels :lol:  Clearly adamantine or glimmersteel is not the answer.

Still think technology can win out here though... what about a flexible shoe?  We obviously can't use rubber, or the likes.  I'm thinking a studded leather shoe that wraps around the heel, sown down the center under hoof, and then tied loosely across the top with... leather straps?  There's no give so it's either too tight, or too loose... cloth likely not strong enough... a wemp rope, perhaps kept wet to keep the fibers more supple?

Bison already get speed enhancements under certain circumstances.   The split hoof is not shaped in a way to allow for any practical shoe without making the animal go lame.

8 minutes ago, Tallios said:

Bison already get speed enhancements under certain circumstances.   The split hoof is not shaped in a way to allow for any practical shoe without making the animal go lame.

I'm a big fan of compromise where one can be found, and love to craft so couldn't help but attempt to bring the two together. :)

I promise no bison will be harmed in my stubborn attempt to do so ^_^

I would love to at least see Unicorns able to use saddles and shoes. aside from the horn on their head, there's basically no difference from normal horses...lol.