header.png

Hi Everyone!

This is just a quick news this week to wish you all a wonderful Christmas, and an awesome new year. There won't be any news next week and possibly the week after as I will be away with family, and letting the devs relax.

The Christmas gifts are now available in game, I won't spoil the surprise, so if you want to find out yourself, don't read this spoiler!

Spoiler

Basket!

The basket is the Christmas gift for 2016, it comes with a compartment allowing up to 2.2 kgs or 3 items of food (whichever is hit first) and 2kgs of liquid. It reduces decay by approximately 75%, and has double the time between decay hits

Lunchbox

The lunchbox is the craftable version, offering slightly reduced capacity, as well as a slightly smaller reduction in decay.

both of these will also keep the heat in food longer!

On behalf of the Wurm team, I'd like to thank you all for your feedback, voices, and input in the past year. A community is only the sum of its people, and by that qualifier, ours is pretty damn awesome. I'd like to wish you all have a very safe and happy Christmas, and not get too drunk on any strange recipes found on troll corpses over the holiday period.

2017 is already shaping up to be massive, and I'm honestly really excited to see what comes of it.

Until then though, Keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 27

Thanks for the gift!

(It sorta resembles my Lunch Box idea) 8)

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

So quaint... I prem'd up 12 accounts just for the xmas gifts... and it was totally worth it :) these look beautiful... precious.... and useful! ;) now we need a pretty picnic sheet to put on the ground. not the kingdom rugs ;) 

Did you see jake the spoiler? i guess there is also a craftable lunchbox? unless im misunderstanding

Edited by KrisWald

Merry Christmas to all, the picnic and lunchboxes are great idea. I'm working on a set of lunchboxes already. I suppose ql has no effect in the decay reduction?

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, hope everyone has a safe one also! Thank You, as well to the developers and staff for the hard work you put into Wurm, we the community might not always sound as grateful as you'd like but most of us really like the effort you put into the game. Here's to a good Wurm 2017 and beyond! :)

• Like 2

Way better than a couple of years ago when I went to the spawn deed for my gift and came out with glowing balls and a disease (true story hehehehe).

Score one for the devs, bigtime.

Merry Christmas to all the Wurm conglomerates! Nice useful gift with the food Basket (maybe). Will just have to see if it actually extends the time until the initial decay on meals, since if they have any decay on them at all I throw them away. Easy enough to test, I reckon.

And a Merry Christmas to all fellow Wurmanites as well!

=Ayes=

Hey guys I aint checked yet but have a great Christmas and dont forget the reason we celebrate this season.  Hope you have a great vacation and very much looking forward to 2017

Thanks devs. Although the capacity is rather low, it's still very useful!

good job devs merry Christmas and all that to all and wow whos gonna cook me something to syick in this box??  What no offers???!?!?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!! Can't wait to see what happens in 2017!

This is my  first xmas in Wurm. Thank you for making it so memerable . The basket is such a wonderful and useful gift.  I hope you all have a safe and happy xmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my fellow Wurmians! Such a great gift to receive this year - a pik a nik basket :P