Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Newspring Bridge

Newspring Bridge  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What type of bridge do you want to Newspring?

• Flat Stone
    • Flat Marble
    • Arched Stone
    • Arched Marble

Can bring you marble next weekend Shmeric. If you need it sooner you have to come and get it yourself i am afraid..

Can i get some empty crates back ?

QEWCF5w.jpg

3 hours ago, Faldor said:

Can bring you marble next weekend Shmeric. If you need it sooner you have to come and get it yourself i am afraid..

Can i get some empty crates back ?

Yup, I'll come to pick 'em up some time during week and bring empty crates :)

2 hours ago, Shmeric said:

Yup, I'll come to pick 'em up some time during week and bring empty crates :)

Make sure to get a count on the donation so I can make note of it. :)

46 digging, 43 masonry, 46 mining, if you need help from someone like me reach out to me, I'm about to have plenty of free time.

3 hours ago, Erevorn said:

46 digging, 43 masonry, 46 mining, if you need help from someone like me reach out to me, I'm about to have plenty of free time.

*shmeric leans towards Erevorn and starts chanting*

Dig! Dig! Dig!

.. and bring us the dirt :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Shmeric said:

*shmeric leans towards Erevorn and starts chanting*

Dig! Dig! Dig!

.. and bring us the dirt :ph34r:

Will do in my free time. Won't be tens of thousands but it will be something :)

2 hours ago, Erevorn said:

Will do in my free time. Won't be tens of thousands but it will be something :)

Will it be tens of tens, or even tens of hundreds?  That could be cool. :)

49 minutes ago, RazedtoThrill said:

Ya'll are crazy by doing this, them seals will kill ya!

I've been known to club a seal or dozen.

I was working on my own highway and then starting getting in contact with other highway builders and before long it grew organically into a larger project.

Now I can say that the mainland side of the highway connection (not just local, but complete connection to the rest of Xan's infrastructure) is already fully planned among 3 people :)

Just wanted to let you all know about the progress :) 

EDIT

Some quick screenshot about the Newsping-Mainland Connection being built

Spoiler

9745a3c6deb69c8fb86c4d465f116c05.jpg

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 5

Does anything happen with this or is it another case of Slickshot disapears?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cecci said:

Does anything happen with this or is it another case of Slickshot disapears?

As far as I know Slickshot is still on holidays.

Bridgework was started before Slickshot was involved and still continues. Highway on mainland is already planned and I believe that work is underway. Highway on the island is also underway.

Each has a fairly small amount of people working on them, 1.5 on the bridge, ~3 on the mainland highway (based on other posts in this thread), and 1.5 on the island highway. The progress is slow, but it is still happening.

• Like 2

I hope to make it over to help soon. Unfortunately play time has been restricted some and other projects have kept me at alliance lands. 

Have the bridge details been worked out as far as shape, materials, etc. ?

Things do happen with this, indeed.

The mainland highway team has almost connected Linton to the coast. As far as I know, some names are not mentioned in this topic here, I guess they just do their things behind the scenes. 

Nefer (aka veste) is literally destroying the Newspring mountains to create a pass through.

The actual bridge still needs lots and lots of dirt, so far there have been 2 (if that) people who have donated any at all. As for myself, I'm not spending all my game hours doing dig-dig-dig, because that wouldn't be all fun. In this month I've dropped ~60 crates into the sea, which is less than I would like. But as everyone knows, Nahjo priests are no longer dirtpooping wondermachines... it actually takes some time now :(

We have also had some difficulties finding a good time with Cevanne (Faldor) to plan the first section, because different game hours and life and such.

However, while nothing seems to happen visually, I'm still making bricks and digging dirt if I have time. 

If we get to planning the first part of the bridge, I will shout here for sure.

So yeah, in conclusion, things are still happening. Slowly. :)

For those who want to contribute materials - bring dirt, marble bricks and/or mortar. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. That bridge is at least 3/4 of Rome...

• Like 2

I'm still around.  This project came before me and continues without me as well. lol  As Shmeric said, Rome wasn't built in a day.  This is a massive project that will take quite a long while to complete.  Slowly but surely!  I've also had some real-life priorities with time and money that take precedent over Wurm, so I haven't been on as much as I'd like.  I do think and ponder on the project weekly, however, so I haven't forgotten about it!  If you'd like an update on what I'm doing I'm currently at the collection phase.  I'm at the point of creating more large crates to drop my stored dirts into, and then load into the caravel to make my rounds and pick up other donations as they come along. :)

As a Newspring guy I am very much looking forward to the bridge and have some dirt waiting to contribute. Sending message when ready to bring it over.

• Like 3

Once the bridge section gets planned, maybe organise a weekend for people to come help. I'm a bit far away be doing little jobs here and there, but I'd definitely come down and help out for a weekend.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Trooper said:

Once the bridge section gets planned, maybe organise a weekend for people to come help. I'm a bit far away be doing little jobs here and there, but I'd definitely come down and help out for a weekend.

Definitely!

I'm slowly working on a pile of mortar for the eventual bridge build. I can switch to marble bricks (I have one vein so far!) when I run out of sand, but I'm not sure what our needs are, numbers-wise. 

It seems dirt is the most pressing step at the moment. I do have a harbor to dredge :) Not sure how quickly that would go though.

Is it known yet where the Newspring side of the bridge will connect to existing highways?

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Is it known yet where the Newspring side of the bridge will connect to existing highways?

For the most part, yes. There is a highway that runs North - South on the island, it will attach to that.

The new highway will run basically straight west from the bridge landing. either over or through the mountains. (I prefer over)

Later today or early tomorrow I will make a new youtube video showing the progress that has been made, and with the proposed route.

• Like 1