Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Newspring Bridge

Newspring Bridge  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What type of bridge do you want to Newspring?

• Flat Stone
    • Flat Marble
    • Arched Stone
    • Arched Marble

Not exactly diagonal bridge, but make the dirt island 4 tiles and then turn the tiles diagonal. We did it at Black Forrest Market bridge. :)

I can help with the construction of the bridge, i used to live at R10 so it gives me an excuse to harass the old neighbours

Edited by punishlife
typo

17 hours ago, punishlife said:

forum double posted

So it's just  not me? Good thought I was having comp glitches. lol

Have you done any estimate on how deep sea is there?

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Have you done any estimate on how deep sea is there?

Last three pillars are 650-750 dirts deep, ranging 400-600 large crates for each spot per my math. But the downwards slope of nearby tiles may increase that number greatly.

One is half way done, soooo about 1200-1300 crates to go :)

Wish there was a smoother way for the dirtpillars!

Just dropped off 40 crates of marble shards, courtesy of Figs mining out Fogshore Canal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trooper said:

Just dropped off 40 crates of marble shards, courtesy of Figs mining out Fogshore Canal.

They'll go to good use.  Thank you.

Updates. Let's see.

My dredge has one too many holes in it, my shovel is blunt once again, my hands are sore of squeezing lemons and pretty sure I've developed stonedust allergy.

On a positive note, there are other people probably feeling the same because I've got huge shipments of dirt and other materials from several nice persons.

We are over half way there.

Oh and yes, THANK YOU DEVS for the dredge improvements! So many thanks! Better late than never, eh :)

• Like 2

Glad to see things are still pushing along.  You've done tremendous work Shmeric.

Well, sure isn't thanks to you, Slickshot.

This is just one more of your started projects that you don't atually work on.

And don't quote me.

9 hours ago, Cecci said:

Well, sure isn't thanks to you, Slickshot.

This is just one more of your started projects that you don't atually work on.

And don't quote me.

Actually going to quote you.  I didn't start this project.  I saw it had a little thread going, and wanted to get it more traffic.  Have I wanted to work on it?  You bet.  Real life leaves more important business at hand, however.  That's just how it goes some times. 

Your negativity would be understandable if I was trying to take credit for this project, but that isn't the case.  I don't want credit.  I just wanted to help if at all possible.  I'll leave that judgment to Shmeric.

Edited by Slickshot

Hi, dropped off 8 crates of marble at you deed Shmeric.

Happy brick making :)

Hello, I saw the beginning of this thread and wondered if it is still a working project. If so, How can I help?  I am a resident on Newspring Island currently.. "North Shore"   

Yeap, it's still running, although not for too long anymore :) 

If your masonry allows then you're welcome to our bricksweatshop (marble), either at the north or south end of the bridge. You can get there by boat (obviously) or through Wild Goose Landing in Newspring, the residents there have finished their part of the highway to the bridge. 

My gaming time is around 5-12pm GMT if you're interested, I'll be around and hand out permissions and whatnot.

• Like 1

I am very happy to announce..

Newspring Bridge is now finished.

My very big thanks go to the people who joined in and helped with materials and their time.

Bigsmith

Cevanne
Ekib
Gheen
Harthim
Keyos
Nacciwa
Naiani
Neenee
Nefer
Nempis
Ostentatio
Renate
Siluroo
Tantail
Thorakkanath

and all the people in Newspring who remained anonymous to me, but I know they helped.

If I have forgotten someone, please forgive me and hit me with a stick, twice. It has been a long run and I am not the best record keeper.

Thank you all!

From mainland, north to Newpsring, south.

0sMZiMT.jpg

WV8jI4N.jpg

LtjlW61.jpg

BrEGoUS.jpg

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 14

Thanks for the bridge, its majestic and awesome! Me or dirtcasting Ruth were standing quite some time at bridge camps imagining the day it will be finished. Our island will greatly benefit from the connection.

Edited by Renate
wrong spelling

We had often talked about building the New Spring / Mainland bridge and it seems that has happened often in the past. Then one day a Fellow named Shmeric was tired of it and took action. Before long my citizens became excited about the project and as any good mayor would do I signed up for this crazy project. If for no other reason than to be apart of his brand of madness. The more that got completed the more the buzz in my ears grew till the day we actually completed it. I must admit, the bridge is a great boon to New Spring and its citizens. I personally want to thank all that helped make a crazy dream a reality. Seeing it complete gives me mixed feelings. First, i am excited it is complete, meaning we are no longer isolated by the sea. But the biggest issue i have now is what to do with myself and my time, guess i will have to actually do something on my deed for a bit.  Shmeric my friend, you have the appreciation of myself and all my citizens for this Great Marble Wonder of Xanadu. A few rough facts of the bridge: It is over 300 tiles long from end to end. It is crafted of marble and 3 tiles wide. It consist of over 13 bridges the longest 36 or 38 tiles long. The deepest pier was over 700 dirt deep from the surface not to include that above the surface. Finally, it should be a site everyone should come checkout as thier time allows. The views are quite scenic as you traverse its great expanse. To all those that have contributed and worked on it Thank You!!!! and job Well Done!!!!!!

• Like 1